Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. RavishankarYour feedback matters!
I have 28 teeth and my age is nearly 20 and after my last teeth in my right side of jaw my gum is swelling also a little bit in left side of jaw also. What might be the problem. Is it due to wisdom teeth? It doesn't pain but sometimes very slight?
Sir my small part of tooth is crack and my look of tooth is very bad and I do not openly laugh and problem create when I eating the food.
My mouth closed, i cant open it properly,the reason may be gutkha khaini.i have lot of those.so please suggest me something?
I had chronic teeth sensitivity problem for last two years, now I am facing facial pain problem at interval of one or two days. Actually I contacted Sikkim Manipal medical college to solve the problem of teeth sensitivity and they advised for teeth filling which could not work and teeth sensitivity problem got elevated. Now for last two months I am facing facial pain an interval of one or two day which lasted for two to three hours and face also becomes slightly warm around left jaw. Please advice me what to do.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
Started braces process when doctor extracted the upper teeth it becomes an extreme difficult task for them after half an hour they did the extraction by cutting the teeth now I am left with other side of extraction but my teeth is rct treated is there any chance that I get fracture in that teeth or should I consider some other alternative for that. After extraction I was not able to bear the pain for 4 days so I took pain killer ketorol and again I have to go through that process. Age is 25.
Hello I am 16 years old. Is it possible to make my teeth shiny white as film actresses hv? If yes pls suggest some tips. I will be tremendous happy.
I am undertaking rct right now and I have visited the doctor for more than 5 times. But I am having a loose teeth from the very beginning and also an irritating pain since the last treatment. Please suggest something.
I am 23 year old boy facing problem bad taste in n mouth at morning since last 1 years and burning sensation in stomach loss of weight, appetite and gas trouble please suggest me.
When I was 13 years old, my front two tooth got broken when I hit the wall while playing. I was undergoing a crowning treatment. The doctor made a hole in both teeth and cleaned it, but I didn't continue the treatment after that. Now I'm 25 years old and is it possible to continue the treatment? I didn't get any pain, but the color of both teeth got dark.
Hello, I have some cavity in my teeth. So I need help. I am really surfing from a bad pain of this cavity. So please help me how I can make my teeth, cavity free. I already tried many paste for this, buy they did not worked. Thanks.
What happens when you have a cavity?
When tooth decay is limited there is no pain. All decay starts on the enamel. Sealants can be applied to reduce the acid attack on the teeth. If detected early, these can be very well managed by removing the decayed portion and filling it with tooth-colored composite resin restorations.Remember that even at a relatively late stage, when the tooth is broken / decayed badly it can built back to its original form.
Glass Ionomer Cement: This is used for small restorations, especially in primary or milk teeth in children, mostly for economic reasons.
Composites: Composite resins attach themselves to the tooth by a chemical reaction. The biggest advantage is that they can be made to match the tooth with the appropriate shade.
Dental Pain occurs when the complex supply of blood vessels and nerves (the Pulp) is affected by bacteria as they burrow into the tooth layers (Enamel and Dentin), along with their noxious by-products and acid. The deeper the decay enters, higher the chances of infection and increasing intensity of pain.
What happens when you have a root canal?
Severe excruciating pain is experienced, when decay reaches the pulp is usually with a set of aggravating factors either hot and / or cold. Root canal therapy is required to save the tooth.
Root Canal: In root canal treatment, basically the tooth is treated for the infection and all the diseased tissue of the tooth is removed and filled. With good treatment the pain should disappear in a few days. Remember that root canal can be done in single sitting and when done with adequate local anaesthesia (injection) they are pretty much pain free!
Usually a cap is required on the tooth. Ceramic Crowns or caps are being made of ceramic material more often; gradually it is becoming the most preferred option since this looks and feels very natural.