Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravishankar BhatYour feedback matters!
I suffered from lose motion 9-10 days ago and I took O2 medicine 6 nos. For 3 days. After that I became normal. Again today early morning suddenly I started suffering from irregular deification urge. I took a tablet for gas problem. 6-7 times already gone so far. But stool is normal in texture & colour. What should I do if it continues further?
My son who is 16 year, Just completed 12 std exam has a frequent problem of mouth ulcer. He take only house food, but when ever we are on family vacation he has this problem. Constipation is there. We are using honey treatment, multivitamin and vyzilac tab as treatment for 3 days. He is also using kayam churna tablet for two days for smooth bowel. Kindly advice.
I have burping problem. After eating food and drinking water continuously burps are coming. please tell me what should I do?
I feel some little very little pain near my anal no irritation no itching no bleeding is this piles?
I am 57 years old. I am having Indigestion problem for the past so many years. When the gas releases from stomach, I feel very good. Is there any permanent remedy for this.
I have pcos with hypothyroid and also fatty liver, facial hair growth, acne problem. I want to loose weight.
My wife have abdominal pain since 3 days, now pain is reduced, and she is regular suffering from hyperacidity problem, Dr. how it cure.
I am having anal fissures and the pain I am experiencing during my bowel movements is critical. What kind of doctor (doctors specialization) should I see right away?
I have chest pain nowadays. What is the reason for that. Is it due to gas problems. Or anything else. Am a 20 year old boy. Need. your advice doctor.
I am suffering from constipation since 2 days before and my abdominal becomes hard and I have little bit pain? What should I do? I tried so many medicines but no cure?
My mother is having stones in gall bladder small in size from last 21 yrs. .she is not preferring surgery as her daily chores may be affected by it. She takes homeopathy medicines to help avoid any serious conditions. Kindly suggest ways by which stone problem do not increase and she could live a healthy life.
Hello doctor. Few days back my aunt was having pain in her anus area. And since Monday her pain was severe and was having fever as well. We took her to a clinic were doctor has giver her some fever medicine and a pain killer and said she is having low blood pressure. She is not having any bleeding no constipation only pain in her anus area feeling tightness over there and fever as well. Please suggest an appropriate solution. Thanks.
Hello doctor, muze toilet ke time taklif hoti hai, toilet hard hone ke kaaran kuch jalan hoti hai, our kabhi kabhi blooding hota hai.Cut jaata hai skin waha pe. Please advice me . Thanks
One of the most common gastric problems faced by people is hyperacidity. The stomach normally secretes acids, which are essential for the digestion of food. However, due to various reasons, there could be excessive acid secretion or the secreted acid not utilized well. This could lead to acidity or reflux of the acid, which also causes other symptoms, as listed below.
- Dyspepsia: This queasy stomach feeling leads to nausea, burping, bloating, and abdominal pain, especially in the upper region.
- Regurgitation: This is when the contents of the stomach come up into the throat, and sometimes even lead to vomiting. This could leave a bad taste in the mouth.
- Heartburn: The regurgitated acid can lead to a burning sensation in the chest/upper abdominal area.
The acid that is usually contained within the stomach can regurgitate and reach the esophagus, where it can damage the lining, even leading to ulcers.
Reasons for hyperacidity:
Though it is a chronic condition, there could be episodes when the acidity feeling is quite high.
- After a heavy meal: Food in the stomach promotes acid production, and too much food causes excessive acid production.
- When the valve that controls reflux of acid into the esophagus is weak, there could be a release of acid on bending over or lying on the back, leading to heartburn.
- Too much stress leads to excessive acid production, again causing hyperacidity.
- Pregnancy may cause hyperacidity.
Hyperacidity is a chronic condition, but can definitely be managed through prevention and cure.
- Prevention: Different people have different triggers and a pattern is usually identifiable. When you know the triggers, try avoiding them. This includes avoiding the food items which cause (caffeine, chocolate, smoking, alcohol, fried foods, nuts, etc.) acidity. Smoking especially aggravates hyperacidity and so does stress.
- Home remedies: Some of the common home remedies used by people are listed below:
- Ripe banana, with its rich potassium content, beats the acid and provides relief.
- A cup of cold milk absorbs excessive acid and provides relief.
- Jeera relieves gas, promotes saliva, and soothes the stomach lining.
- Elaichi or cardamom relieves spasms caused by acid and reduces the effect of acid.
- Pudina or mint reduces acid and has a cooling effect on the stomach.
- Alma or gooseberry is rich in vitamin C and helps control acidity.
- Cloves stimulate salivation and improve movement of food through the stomach.
- Other Tips: In addition, the following measures are also helpful.
- Not lying down soon after a meal
- Keeping a moderate meal portion
- Sitting for a while after eating (no movement)
- Avoiding spicy food
- Avoid large meals
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.