Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Raviraj AYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I am suffering from cervical spondylosis and frozen shoulder. Xray report says that I.V. Disc spaces are reduced at C5 - C6 and C6-C7 levels. My all pathological reports are normal except vitamin D 18.17.I am using sprays Plus capsule and Maxnuron LC once daily and vitamin sachet once a week. Is this curable or should I take some other treatment? My both shoulders have very pain all the time and in the morning my neck is full of stiffness.
Are fibromyalgia and panic attack curable diseases? What are the generic names of the Medicine used for them? I want the reply from an allopath Psychiatrist.
My mother age of 55 is suffering with joint pains in hand, neck, legs nd back. Her body was like selling. What to do.
I am 40 years Male, recently I am experiencing pain in my left shoulder through my left elbow, while I sit for more than 10 minutes in a chair or while sleeping on my left side on bed. Is this something to worry?
I am from powai mumbai married and maharashtrian my weight is 85 kg from two weeks I have started walking and running but now I getting pain in my both knees and also I am not able to loose weight because of my upper part of the body i. E from waist please tell me what to do exactly and how to loose weight.
My both feet are swollen and the swelling on the left feet is worse, paining, unable to wear shoe/chappals and there is a very small boil in the middle of the feet. The swelling is right from the ankle. The right feet does not have much swelling, but it is swollen particularly at the ankle. I have consulted a Govt. Hospital's doctor, who game an injection + tabs (pencilin) to be taken twice daily. What could be the reason for this sudden swelling. Is it because of the heat or do I have Major problem?
I am 28 year male and having backache from last 2 years. Used lots of ointment and had check up also but no positive results .so what will I do now?
He is feeling very much burning in his feet about 4 months. All medicine is also running then to burning is not reduce. What should he do?
I am 64 years old female suffering acute lower back pain while doing office desk job. Night when in deep sleep get up with acute cramps in the lower legs. Have to literally stand on my feet for the spasm to release. At that time too I experience lower back pain. Kindly advise what to do? And why does this happen?
My weight is incresing Day by day. My legs and arms also get swollen. I do Exercise daily but no improvement is seen till now. What should I do.
An ankle sprain can make life miserable. A sudden twist or stretching (due to incorrect walking, incorrect posture, wearing high heels, walking on an uneven and rough surface, exercise, games) can result in ligament(s) tear (partial or complete tear), affecting the ankle. An ankle sprain is often confused with a twisted ankle. However, the two are different as chalk and cheese. A sprained ankle can be extremely painful, taking few weeks to months to heal completely (depending on the severity).
An ankle sprain is independent of age and sex, affecting anyone and everyone under the sun. The symptoms characteristic of an ankle sprain includes:
- The affected region of the ankle may swell up immediately.
- Difficulty in walking. In severe forms, a person may find it difficult to place a step.
- The area appears bruised and tender.
- Excruciating pain and discomfort (severe case).
- Stiffness and, in some cases, discoloration of the skin around the tear.
At no point should the sprain be taken lightly. Seek medical assistance at the earliest. Negligence on your part can aggravate the situation. In extreme cases, an ankle sprain can add to your agony and discomfort, affecting the joints, bones, blood vessels, tendons, and cartilage.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Accurate diagnosis can make the treatment effective, thus accelerating the recovery process. In case of an ankle sprain;
- Physical examination of the affected area and a thorough case study is an important diagnostic step followed by many doctors.
- X-ray of the affected ankle region can help in a better and more accurate diagnosis.
The course of treatment depends on the extent of the damage. In case of a minor sprain, doctors mostly recommend
- Keeping the affected ankle area bandaged (ACE bandage) and well protected. A crutch or a brace is a blessing for people who face difficulty in walking.
- Time and again, apply a cold compress on the sprained ankle. A cold compress can help reduce the swelling effectively.
- In case of extreme pain and swelling, your doctor may recommend an acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen
- Rest as much as possible. While sleeping, use cushions or pillows to keep the leg elevated.
Precaution and Care:
A little alertness and agility on your part can help to deal with an ankle sprain better.
- In the case of a severe sprain, try and avoid self-medication as much as possible. It can do you more harm than good.
- Exert minimum or no pressure on the affected ankle area.
- Indulge in some strengthening exercise as recommended by your physician. It is advisable that you warm up before any exercise.
- Avoid heavy, strenuous work as much as possible.
- Wearing correct footwear is important. Women who have had an ankle sprain should avoid wearing heel shoes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.