Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindranath Reddy. K
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindranath Reddy. KYour feedback matters!
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: Normal range varies with age of patient. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. Regular health checkups can pick these diseases early and are encouraged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Some times I feel little pain in chest. But it happens in the night. And also some times my heart beat increase and my body is shivering. What is the reason. What I should do?
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.