Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindranath Reddy D RYour feedback matters!
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am 39 male, serum cholesterol 231, LDL 158, HDL 43, TGL 148, VLDL 29, FBS -92, BP 110/70 do I need to take medicine for cholesterol control.
I am suffering from hurt. I loved someone and that person left for no reason by saying lie and got committed to someone else. I left my studies my job and my parents but that person left even after promising that person will marry me. Now I get heart aches because of getting hurt.
Hi, I am 25 years, Today night suddenly in sleep, my middle of the chest started paining when I am changing positions. I observed that there is twitching sensation lower neck right middle of my chest. I guess some nerve might be twisted or something. Is this any serious or what should I di now. Any exercises for this to relieve the pain. I try to Google about it, but couldn't find appropriate exercises. Please help me.
I have complete LBBB, now my BP at times is 150/90. What precautions should I take. What causes LBBB and what precautions should I take for this.
Following a healthy lifestyle that is armed with a well-regulated diet is the most important aspect of combating your cardio-vascular disease. If you think that it is going to be very difficult to achieve, then you will be happy to know that the reality is quite the opposite. You can achieve your goals by following short and simple steps that would help you to reap long-term benefits for protecting your cardio-vascular health.
- Try to use the calories consumed: It is very important to know how many calories you are consuming in a span of 24 hours. The calorie and nutritional information given on the food levels are normally based on the 2000 calorie diet. But it is crucial to know that your individual calorie requirement is dependent on numerous factors, including your age, gender as well as level of physical activities. When you are aiming to restrict your weight gain, it is recommended not to eat more than you can use up in a day along with increasing the intensity and amount of physical activity so that it matches the amount of physical activity. You must try to incorporate either 75 minutes of hard training or 150 minutes of moderate exercise in a span of seven days in order to boost healthy weight loss.
- Consume a wide array of nutritious items from all food groups: Though you may believe that you are eating a sufficient amount of foods, your body may not be receiving an optimum amount of nutrients it needs for proper functioning. Foods that are considered rich in nutrients must contain sufficient amounts of protein, minerals, whole grains and other variants of nutrients with low calorie content. These foods not only aid in reduction of weight but also trigger lowering of blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Eat right: You must aim to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet besides whole grains, dairy products with low fat contents, legumes and nuts. It is important to stay away from red meat, trans fat, artificially sweetened beverages and sodium. Experts also suggest consuming less of food that has poor nutrient content in order to protect your heart.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: Simply exercising and eating a healthy diet is important, but you should not eliminate the adverse effects of smoking and alcohol consumption, which not only cast an impact on the health of your heart but also cause a variety of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. The medications and remedial measures vary greatly among individuals and thus, it is crucial to speak with a doctor for receiving personalized treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.