Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindranath Reddy
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindranath ReddyYour feedback matters!
I lost my uncle before last 3 months ago with heart attack. Then after I'm depress with same problem do I will affect, if some one talks abt any problems like this I again get into depress. Please help for this problem.
I am using rosuvastatin 10 mg and having normal cholesterol levels now. Can I try ayurveda medicines for cholesterol or cod liver supplements to maintain healthy cholesterol levels as I don't want to continue statins.
I am 19 years old boy! Since last few days I am experiencing extreme sweat whenever I sit in my class. When at college lecture is going on I sweat tremendously from my face to waist. What may be the problem? What should I do? I just checked my bp weeks ago that was normal.
Hello sir, me accountant hu 25 male. Muje 2 sal pehle thoda chest heaviness ka problem hua tha. Mene doctor ko dikhaya to kuch problem ni tha. Uske bad continuously muje chest heaviness or left hand me pain, or neck aur neck ke niche pain hota he or kabhi kabhi chest me bhi pain hota he, mene 2 sal me 3 bar TMT, chest xray, lungsand lums test, 5 bar ECG, sonography, 2 bar ECO, ek bar calcium scoring test (report says your calsium sor is 00 )wo sab normal he. Bahot try kiya fir bhi problem same hi he. Plss suggest me. Thank you.
Coronary artery disease is characterized by accumulation of plaque in the coronary artery that chokes blood supply to the heart. This plaque buildup usually starts with cholesterol accumulation and gradually other particles such as calcium and lipoproteins get deposited as well. Over time, the plaque accumulates, making the blood vessels narrow and choking the supply of blood. In some cases, if the plaque ruptures, it may lead to formation of blood clots resulting in stroke.
The symptoms of coronary artery disease are:
- Breathing difficulties: This disorder may lead to shortness of breath as the blood pumping mechanism of the heart is impaired; this usually results in fatigue and exertion. It is advised to avoid advanced cardio exercises such as the high intensity interval training.
- Chest pain: Stress related activities may cause intense pressure or tightness in your chest, resulting in pain in the middle or left portion of your chest. If you discontinue the activity, the pain would usually subside. In some cases, you may feel the pain in the arm and the neck.
- Heart attack: If the level of plaque accumulation is excessive, then it may result in a heart attack. It is characterized by breathing difficulties, pain, tightness in the chest and sweating. You may also experience pain in the neck and the jaw.
The causes of coronary artery disease are:
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle ups the risk of coronary artery disease
- High cholesterol levels in the body
- Blood sugar problems
- Get your blood pressure under control: If you suffer from high blood pressure, then it is recommended to get it under control to prevent coronary artery disease.
- Quit smoking: If you are a habitual smoker, then it is time to nip the habit in the bud. Smoking is known to constrict blood vessels as it is a vasoconstrictor.
- Eat healthy: Eat a well balanced diet consisting of vegetables and fruits so that your body receives the essential nutrients to function well.
- Beat stress: You need to control your stress levels through exercise or meditation. Take time off work and do activities that make you happy.