Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindranath ReddyYour feedback matters!
I having chest pain from 2 days, when I bend my self down it start more pain fell, pain at left side of chest.
My age 38 and my BP is 100/140. Is it more for me . What shall I do to control l.I am not taking any medicine.
I have a problem of breast pain in both breasts for say approx. 2 to 3 years sometimes it will spread over the arms. I just want to know the reason for the pain.
When a person suffers from the typical symptoms of heart weakness that includes breathlessness, weakness, sudden sweating, discomfort while doing minor exertions, chest pain, pain radiating along the arms, back, neck and shoulders and other symptoms, the Doctor will ask for investigations to study the heart.
The Heart is a muscular organ in the chest and like any other muscle in the body, it has its own unique blood vessel network that does the function of supplying nutrition to the heart muscles. Like any network, the Cardiac blood supply also begins with major vessels that branch off into minor and then very small blood vessels. It is these very small blood vessels that actually reach the muscle fiber to give nutrition.
When this is a problem with the free flowing blood to reach the muscle cells, the strength of the heart muscles reduces and the overall heart functioning is in trouble. Until now, it was commonly believed that cholesterol deposits make blockages in the blood vessels that cut off nutrition supply causing the heart to go into disease stage. Today, extensive research has proved that there are many reasons for hampered blood supply to heart muscles, and plaque formation (blockages caused by cholesterol deposits) need not be the reason for heart attacks entirely. Blood vessel disease called Atherosclerosis is the root cause.
In modern times, if the patient consults a cardiologist, the first line of investigation prescribed is the Angiography. This procedure requires the patient to be admitted to the hospital. Under anesthesia, the Doctor will make a cut/incision in a major blood vessel of the thigh joint or the arm. He will then insert a tube called catheter into the blood vessel and guide it through the major arteries till it reaches the important position from where the blood vessels that supply nutritious blood to the heart muscles is reached. At this position, a dye is pushed into the blood flow and a series of specialized X-rays are taken that will show the blood vessels.
In these images, it is the Doctor’s expertise that will identify positions where the blood flow is reduced, or disturbed. The dye has a short life span and is able to show flow dynamics only up to the secondary blood vessel network. The Doctor will determine which part of the heart blood vessels are affected based on these images, the length of the plaque, position and kind of blockage and derive the damage to heart, based on these anatomical visuals. The catheter is then removed; the blood vessel opening stemmed and the patient has to remain immobile in the hospital till the blood vessel improves. The Doctor will prescribe a list of medication that includes beta blockers, aspirins, statin and antibiotics.
Very often, if the Doctor decides, he will suggest the next procedure of Angioplasty immediately. This procedure involves pushing a mini wireframe tube called ‘stent’ or an inflatable balloon through the same catheter to the area of blockage. This balloon or stent is guided to the area of the blockage and mechanically expanded to push aside the plaque to help the blood flow resume. There are different kinds of balloon and stent procedures.
None of these procedures “removes” the blockage plaque. The procedure helps to resume blood flow in the major arteries only.
No invasive therapy is safe and there is a lot of reports backed by Research Data from very reputed global authoritative organizations that highlight the unnecessary number of angio procedures being done as well as the side effects of these procedures within few months. (Many Stent Procedures Unnecessary” Heart Drugs Just as Good at Preventing Heart Attacks, Death in Some People, Study Shows By Charlene Laino: March 26, 2007 (New Orleans).
Can blockage affect a person after having angiography?
It is important for the patient and patient’s family to understand that the blockage formation process in the body does not reverse with an angioplasty or even a Bypass procedure. The patient suffers from the same kind of symptoms as earlier when new blockages form in different sections of the coronary network or very often, when a deposit / scar forms within the stent itself leading to hampered blood flow. This ‘reformation of blockages’ is referred to as restenosis. This is the greatest problem registered in current studies of patients after angio and bypass and this is seen within few weeks to after 10 to 14 months of the procedure.
The reformation of blockages or further formation of new sites with blockages depends on the individual patients health condition. Patients who are Diabetic, High BP, on certain kind of long term medication, obese, with bad lifestyle; all have the additional threat of secondary attacks.
Restenosis cannot be prevented with another stent or bypass procedure. The procedure only once again’ mechanically opens the blockage or in CABG, creates a bypass around the blocked blood vessel.
How can restenosis be prevented?
The only and best way to avoid restenosis is to make major changes in diet, exercise, weight management, stress management. It is also very important to be under the right kind of medication that will support the natural process done by the Liver and blood to reduce and wash out inflammation (that causes maximum problems in natural blood flow), repair blood vessels, reduce and remove existing blockages and scar tissue within blood vessels, add strength to the heart muscles.
Ayurveda has many proved medication combinations that include Arjuna (improves Heart muscle condition) Draksha (powerful anti-oxidant and liver repair) Dadimba (Pomegranate is known to participate in repair of blood vessels and rebuild damaged vessels called Angiogenesis), Ashwagandha (Cardio-protective) and Colostrum (powerful immunity modulator, participate in muscular and nerve repair, Angiogenesis Growth Factor, Endothelial growth Factor, Nerve growth factor, PDGF, natural Vitamins and Minerals).
These treatments are now available in select Ayurvedic treatment centres and are also being proved with clinical pre and post investigations to support their success.
These new studies and treatments options should be searched out by the patient and his/her family to understand the reason of blockages, the possible need and safety of invasive procedures, the option to medicine based treatments before undertaking any invasive procedure. Remember, it is scientific research that has clearly proclaimed that less than 30 -20% of all the angio’s performed are necessary or have lasting effect on their own.
I have a ringing sound in my ear. First it was occasional for a week but after that it is for long duration. It started when I had a bad allergic cold with blocked nose and continuous sneezing. When moving my jaw I can feel some wax type feeling. Should I be worried?
In boiled egg yolk is there cholesterol? I am going to gym and I have to eat egg everyday approx 10 than should I eat egg yolk also or not?
My Mother is aged around 65 years. She is suffering from Diabetes, High BP, Arthritis and Obesity (110 kg). Because of her weight she is unable to walk. She does walk inside the house but with support and her breath start to become fast once she tries to walk little bit say for example going out for doctor. Her Sugar levels are normal with medicines and she is taking medicines for BP and knee pain as well. Could you please suggest which surgery will be best for her to reduce weight. Also please mention the risks involved and cost. What will be the post operative procedures like taking vitamins or injections etc please put light on that too. Thanks.
16 MAGICAL HEALING POWERS OF GARLIC:
1. Improves Heart Health: Garlic cleanses the arteries and veins, thins blood, prevents blot clots, and nourishes the arteries maintaining their ability to stretch, preventing fatal heart diseases like heart attacks and atherosclerosis.
2. Anti-Clotting: Garlic increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, which helps dilate blood vessels and dissolve blood clots. The anti-clotting properties of ajoene, a sulphur containing compound found in garlic, help in preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
3. Soothes Respiratory System: The distinctive overwhelming odor and taste in garlic comes from the Sulphur content, which accelerates the activities of mucous membranes in the upper respiratory tract, relieving compression and mucus. Its antibacterial phytochemical properties help in treating throat irritations and potent expectorant qualities help treat chronic bronchitis and asthma.
4. Anti-Bacterial: Garlic has a rich combination of vital nutrients like Vitamin C, B6, allicin, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, and flavonoids, rendering it with antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast, worm infections, and bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella enteritidis, etc.
5. Diabetes: Garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels in diabetics.
6. Cures Skin Ailments: Applying fat dissolving garlic extracts to corns on the feet and warts on the hands alleviates the pain and hastens the healing process. Its anti fungal properties help heal ringworm and athlete’s foot.
7. Anti-Cancer: Organosulfida contained in garlic helps the liver to process toxic chemicals, including cancer-causing chemical compounds, lowering risk of stomach and colon cancer. Diallyl sulphides found in garlic inhibit the transformation of heterocyclic amines into carcinogens, preventing breast cancer.
8. Lowers Cholesterol: Garlic has the ability to moderately lower our blood triglycerides, bad LDL cholesterol, and reduce arterial plaque formation.
9. Fights Allergies: Garlic anti-inflammatory property helps the body fight allergies. The anti-arthritic property of garlic is due to diallyl sulphide and thiacremonone which relieves allergic airway inflammation (allergic rhinitis), and itching due to rashes and bug bites.
10. Pain Relief: Garlic anti inflammatory property relieves joint pains especially arthritis.
11. Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Allicin in garlic blocks the activity of Angiotensin II, a protein that contracts blood vessels, helping reduce blood pressure. Red blood cells convert polysulphides into hydrogen sulphide gas which dilates our blood vessels and helps control blood pressure.
12. Relieves Toothache: Garlic also has analgesic properties, antibacterial and anesthetizing, which can help cure toothaches.
13. Treating Acne: Garlic has antibiotic properties and contains compounds that are useful to clean the blood. But not entirely using garlic only, but you have to do further treatment.
14. Improve Iron Metabolism: Diallyl sulphides in garlic increase iron metabolism by stimulating the production of Ferroportin, a protein which helps in iron absorption and release.
15. Aphrodisiac: Garlic thins the blood, dissolves blood clots, dilates the blood vessels and improves blood circulation, rejuvenating the sexual functions.
16. Assists in Weight Loss: The anti-inflammatory property of 1, 2-DT (1, 2-vinyldithiin) found in garlic may help inhibit conversion of Pre-adipocytes into fat cells (adipocytes), aiding weight loss.