Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindranath ReddyYour feedback matters!
My mom's age is 52 years. And she have bp problem. But since yesterday she is suffering from vertigo. I mean juice hi uthte hai thoda sa chakkar aata hai. Koi kaam krte time b thoda chakkar aata hai. Right now she is not willing to see doctor. So can you please suggest me some good medicine to get rid of vertigo?
My blood pressure is High. My age is 42. How can I control my blood pressure? What is the solution to make it normal?
Hlo Doctors. I think my cholesterol level is increasing. What exactly increasing cholesterol mean? How dangerous it can be? I think it has just started. Can it be cured completely without permanent medicine? My age is just 21. I am 6'1. My weight is 101kg.
I am 66, I am suffering bp not controlled amelo madcine is good but two legs are swelling. Now iam taking losar50 morning and night. My bp count is 98-170.3 months back a little stroke occured. Kindly suggest a medicne ?
Dear sir, I am 33 years old. I am suffering from primary hypothyroidism and high blood pressure last 15 month. My esonophil count is 11 which is out of range. I have ellergic problem. Please help me.
I have a body from last 2 days and sometimes I have a chest pain how can I recover from this. Thank you.
My thyroid was high and now its in range but my cholesterol is 236 where as range is 200. Please suggest me how to reduce it?
Even though my 3d echo reports are normal feeling heavy in centre of chest is less vitamin d12 the culprit.
I'm 25 years old male and I have cholesterol blood presume and uric acid problem, but as I take medication for these and I have pain in my back chest and legs, I can't rotate my neck properly. My doctor said me that I have muscle spasms. My ecg that I have made several times where normal.
I am a 16 year old boy I have blood pressure of 150/100 it is more for me or not how can I control it.
I am 32 year since a week I am feeling my heart beats run fast when I take rest Please let me what to do Thank you.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks. I have chest pain when I cough hard. Would you please suggest me what should I do?
I am 25 year old female and my b. P always remain around 130-135 and my heartbeat remain around 85 in normal conditions, whenever I get tensed I had a pain in my chest, I always remain sad and annoyed without any reasons, my thoughts are always negative, I don't want to meet or talk with people, I got irritated or jealous with others happiness.
Sir, My age is 45 years. I am suffering from sugar for last 15 years. Now I am suffering from very high blood sugar. Fasting 275 and pp 375. I am taken glymet and piosis 30 mg twice a day. What can I do now. Thanks.
I have chest pain and Breathing difficulty from around 40 days. CXR: Normal ECHO: Normal While taking the mentioned medication there is some relief but If I discontinue even a single dose problem is coming. Kindly tell me possible root cause of this and also prescribe medicines.
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.