Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindranath
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RavindranathYour feedback matters!
Hi! I'm 18 years old I have small boils on my face which are red in colour and they are leaving marks. Please suggest what to do. Thank you.
I have skin disease. When I was wear. Tight pants n Jean the are some prob in my legs. So please give my answer as soon as possible.
1) Drink plenty of water
3) Regular use of sunscreens
4) Avoid using over the counter ointments for any skin ailments
5) Avoid harsh cleanser
6) Using generous moisturising schedule
A rash is a distinct change noticeable on the skin. The change may be on the skin color or the skin texture. It might make your skin scaly, itchy, lumpy and even irritated. You might get skin rashes if you are allergic to a particular substance, or if you are under some medicine which may have a side effect. Many cosmetics may also trigger skin rashes. Certain diseases like chicken pox or measles also cause the appearance of skin rashes. In order to deal with skin rashes, here are a few things you could do and use:
1. Care at home: With a sudden outburst of rashes, wash the affected area with water and mild soap to cool it down. Make sure you don't scratch there even if it itches, as that may cause infection. You may also apply cold water to help it cool down. Avoid sunlight as much as you can, as it will aggravate the condition. Wear loose fitting clothes so that there is minimal contact of the fabric and the skin as such contact may make the rash itch. Avoid using perfumes or deodorants as even they might set of the itchy feeling. Use a mild soap while bathing.
2. Use hydrocortisone cream: Hydrocortisone cream is also known as anti-itching cream. It helps to reduce the itching and redness as well as lessen the swelling. Hydrocortisone is a mild form of corticosteroid. Make sure you don't use it if the affected part is infected or sore because then the results will be the opposite from the one you want.
3. Use calamine lotions: Calamine lotions will give you relief from the pain caused due to the skin rash. It will also relieve you of the itching and the irritation which the rash causes. It will also help ooze dry and watery discharge from the rash. If you are pregnant or lactating, consult your doctor before using calamine lotions.
4. Have antihistamine tablets: If the skin rash is due to an insect bite, then you can take antihistamine tablets for it. These tablets reduce itching and lighten the rash until it disappears.
Even when you are using any of the above medicines, make sure you are not allergic to the ingredients of the medicine as that will just cause more complications. So consult your doctor before using any medicine. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.