Dr. Ravindra is a sexologist in Kengeri, Bangalore. Currently, he is practising in various clinics like Milana Fertility Health Centre, Unnathi Health Centre and Vinayaka Health Care & diagnostic Centre. Dr. Ravindra has 17 years worth of experience in the field of Sexology. Dr. Ravindra completed his BAMS degree from Gulbarga University in 1999. He has a diploma in sexology from Karnataka University in 2008. He completed his masters in Sexuality and Sexual Counselling from Kuvempu University in 2009. He completed FICA from the USA in 2010. Dr. Ravindra is an active member of societies such as FICA, Council of sex education & Parenthood International (CSEPI), FAGA(Manipal) and Indian Association for Sexology Chennai (IASC).
Dr. Ravindra is known amongst his clients as a very caring and able individual. He understands their problems and provides practical solutions along with proper medication. He provides online consulting as well as posts his expert opinions across various blogs on health sites. An appointment with Dr. Ravindra can be booked online as well.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RavindraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Ravindra has completely changed my opinion as he is very helpful and humble. The Milana Fertility Health Center have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted Dr Ravindra. Thanks to him ,the erection problems treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from erection problems like this. I am so much benefitted with his erection problems treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Dr Ravindra and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. The nurses at the Milana Fertility Health Center were really helpful. One of my colleague referred Ravindra. He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. Ravindra has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. Overall erectile dysfunction was very effective.
It was a bad case of nightfall. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. The overall atmosphere in the Milana Fertility Health Center is very soothing. As someone I knew, consulted this RavinDra and they referred us. The Milana Fertility Health Center have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. He is a very practical doctor. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely.
Our family physician personally recommended Dr Ravindra. I am so thankful that Ravindra has given me the best advice for fertility treatment and I am now finally I am fine now. Ravindra certainly knows the in and out of his speciality. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. I owe him a big thank for the fertility treatment he gave.
I have had this male sexual problems from quite some time. The complete process of male sexual problems was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The male sexual problems has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Dr RavinDra certainly knows the in and out of his speciality.
As someone I knew, consulted Dr RavinDra as I was suffering from masterbation addiction. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. He is quite knowledgeable sexologist and his treatment suited me the best. I owe him a big thank for the treatment he provided.
Thanks to Dr RavinDra for providing me the best suitable treatment for small penis. I owe him a big thank for this. I must say that he is well knowledgeable doctor.
Dr. Ravindra provides answers that are saved my life, very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough and well-reasoned. Thank you so much
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ravindra to be very helpful. Thank u sir
Dr. Ravindra provides answers that are very helpful. Thank U so much sir
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Sexual satisfaction plays a very important role in a romantic relationship. It has been linked with lower divorce rates, more intimacy, and long lasting relationships. Sexual satisfaction in men and women is negatively affected by various factors such as heart diseases, Thyroid, and depression, among others. So it can be said that overall, physically and mentally, healthy people experience greater amounts of sexual satisfaction.
Sexual satisfaction mainly depends on two things for most couples - the quality of sex and the frequency at which they have it.
Quantity - The quantity of sex is a relative term as it varies from person to person. Sex encapsulates a lot of things such as oral sex, stimulation of the genitals, kissing and caressing. For some genital stimulation may count as sex whereas for others it may not count as a sexual act. It also varies according to the age of the person and the relationship. In usual cases, the sexual frequency between two partners tends to be higher in the early stages while gradually diminishing with time. However, when talking about quantity, the frequency of sex leading to satisfaction varies from couple to couple.
Quality - Quality of sex essentially means the gratification and satisfaction that one experiences during and after sexual intercourse. Quality of sex is linked with feelings of well-being and increased levels of love for the partner. Communication plays a major role in this regard such as deciding on the sexual positions that would lead to more gratification. Making compromises like stepping out from the usual and experimenting according to your partner's wishes may also help in improving the quality of sex.
Though most studies reveal that women are more inclined towards the quality of sex, and men prefer quantity. But in reality, which of the two will give greater satisfaction solely depends on you and your partner's preferences.
How can I increase stamina and size of penis as I sometimes find it difficult to get full erection and doesn't last for too long.
I had intercourse with my partner on June 15. It was my first intercourse. My partner used condom. After my first intercourse my virgina is wet and today I got my periods they are on time but the problem is this that they are light than usual. I'm little worried because it was my first time and I don't want to get pregnant. Is everything ok or am I pregnant?
I have immature sex problem impact. Is ashwganda good for me. I have migraine prob. I use to eat oily junk food. I was doing bodybuilding. I am not smoker alcoholic. I dont have any stress. I have high blood pressure problem..
Hi I'm pradeep I masturbated to much even that I made operation of my penis and now the doctor saying that you can masturbate again he says it doesn't end if you want to do then you can do is it really does not have any problems? Please anyone explain?
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive.
The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I Shaik asking you about my hubby he has speed ejaculation in sex. We are not satisfying. We r planning for pregnancy. Plzgive solution.
Can std be passed through oral sex even though there is no wound/cut or bleeding in either partner's genital or mouth? Because I have heard that for STD's transmission there needs to be a source via which the Bacterias/ viruses can directly enter the blood stream. Please clear this doubt. Some senior doctors say that only herpes, gonorrhea and syphilis can be transmitted and in no way HIV can be transmitted orally. Is it true?
I'm newly married after doing sex sperm comes out her vagina and how to increase the sperm count doctor.
Dear sir/ma'am, What is the best way of eating Almond in summer? Also it can surely helpful to increase energy and sperm rate. I am daily eat almond after soaking in water previous night and in morning I remove it skin then eat. Is that good. I am lost my sperm for doing masturbation from last many years. Now it times to come to regain my sperm. It is this helpful. Please tell me. Thanks in advance.
According to recent study 20 to 30 percent of the males experience this disorder, wherein, they do not have any control over the ejaculation of the semen, such a situation is known as premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation occurs because of increased sensitivity of the penis, might also be due to any psychological disturbance related to the act of sex. A man’s sexual act ends up or reaches climax with the ejaculation of the semen. Semen is a fluid that the reproductive gamete, spermatozoa. This spermatozoon passes the ejaculatory ducts and reaches the seminal vesicles. This seminal vesicles makes the 70 percent of the semen by producing a whitish fluid rich in proteolytic enzymes, phosphates, citric acid and lipids. Spermatozoa mixes with this fluid produced by the seminal vesicles and gets ready for ejaculation.
There are two phases in this ejaculation process emission phase and expulsion phase.
1. Emission phase: The spermatozoa and the seminal fluids travels through the reproductive structures and reaches the posterior urethra in this phase. This is also known as preparatory phase.
2. Expulsion phase: In this phase the contraction of the bladder neck causes the contraction of the urethra and rhythmic contraction of the external sphincters of the urethra which makes the semen to come out of the penis.
Most men ejaculate the semen two minutes after the penetration. If the ejaculation of semen occurs less than this time then it is called as premature ejaculation.
Few self help tips for male with premature ejaculation
Before trying or seeking help of a doctor you can practise few of these tips to overcome premature ejaculation.
- Masturbate one or two hours before attempting sex with your partner as this may increase the latency period during your actual sex with your partner.
- Use thick condoms to reduce the stimuli and increase the ejaculation period.
- Take deep breaths as this helps to withhold the ejaculation for a short period of time.
- Have sex with in some other positions like with your partner on the top and yourself below.
- Be conscious about the sensation or feel before ejaculation and come out of your partner and divert yourself with some sports or some of other favourite topics of you and your partner.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.