Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RavindraYour feedback matters!
There are many babies who throw up after almost each feed. They fail to gain weight and falter in their growth curves. They suffer from a laxity in their gastro- esophageal junction. This is called GER (Gastro esophageal reflux). In babies it may cause life threatening breath holding episodes and even severe pneumonia. Then it is called GERD. Most GER resolve with age. Most cases of GERD need medical management. If that fails, surgical funfoplication is needed. These days surgical treatment is done laparoscopically without incision and with minimal pain and excellent recovery.
My son is 1 month and 16 days old. Last few days ago we saw some little drop of blood in his stool. Then we went to doctor. He advised for his stool test. We did his stool test and found mucus, pus cell is 10-12/hpf and occult blood is negative. After seeing the stool test report Doctor said, there is an infection in his stool. Dr. Prescribed Omnix-50 (antibiotic) and Gut-Ok twice a day for five days. After completion of medicine I did another stool test at another lab and found mucus is still present, pus cell is negative, occult blood is negative. After seeing the second stool test report doctor said now there is no infection. Then we told him he has completed all medicines in time but we saw little drop of blood in his every stool when he passes till day. Then Doctor told us, there is no blood in his stool. Actually doctor says there is no blood but we say there is blood. I want to know Is there any blood in his stool or not? If there is blood then what can we do now and if there is no blood then what is this red little drops which look like as same as blood. please reply……
My daughter is 5 year old, many time see feel moderate stomach pain for last 1 year, please suggest me test for useful of know the reason.
Sir, my daughter is 4 years old and weight is 13 kg, has sever cough, running nose from 1 week, in night at time the of sleeping her nostrils is slightly blocked, being of this she is feeling ear pain and has fever also from yesterday.
My baby is 1 year old but has no teeth still and has bow legs as well. She also has very less hair on her head .Her weight gain is also very slow .Now she is 1 year and 8 kg only. Is this any deficiency symptom?
Mr. vaccines r given at the age of 9 month and 15 th month now wat s the reason for implement in school going children. Why it s necessary. Everyone saying it's not harmful. Can someone help me. Wat s true.
My child has colic and doesn't sleep at night. Though sleeps at whole day. Can we give Tricloflos oral syrup?
My son is 5 years old, he feels hungry but he doesn't eat food. His growth is not in progress. He always suck his fingers. He is week. Please suggest me what should I do.
My baby is 10 month old. I am giving him safola masala oats. Shall I continue is that does not cause any problem sir/mam?
What is the diet plan or chart of my 1Y 4M son, which is very thin, less weighed and less height in comparison of others.
Cold and cough is caused by a viral infection, which can last for about two to four weeks. The symptoms include stuffy or a runny nose, coughing and sore throat. Many times, the infection may raise body temperature and the child may suffer from fever. Our body’s immune system naturally fights with such infections. Depending on the type of cough and the symptoms, the virus can stay active in the body for about 4 to 6 weeks. It is quite painful to see the child suffering from cold and cough. The symptoms of this infection are worse during the first two days.
The child will experience pain and irritation in the throat with difficulty in swallowing, frequent coughing with mucous, breathing difficulty and high fever. Most parents rush to over the counter drugs for cold and cough to ease of their child’s agony. However, most drugs/ cough syrups available over the counter only provide temporary relief. Medical evidence suggests that antibiotics do not kill viruses, thus, it is not advisable to treat cold and cough with antibiotics unless accompanied by another infection. So, what do parents do? Well, there is a lot that can be done.
Let’s first understand the type of a cough your child might be suffering from:
- Dry cough: Generally occurs due to infection in upper respiratory tract, cold or influenza. Children with asthma and allergies are also prone to this type of cough as dry cough is triggered by smoke or dust.
- Croup Cough: A harsh barking and dry cough with swelling beneath vocal cords.
- Wet Cough: Most commonly caused by cold. This is an infection of the lower respiratory tract characterised by mucous secretions.
- Whooping cough: Characterised by fast coughing, breathing difficulties and a whooping sound while breathing.
Apart from this, If coughing starts suddenly along with choking, the child may have inhaled a foreign body. Immediate help may be required. For babies less than 12 months of age, cold cough followed by breathing difficulties may indicate bronchiolitis and require a paediatric attention. A normal cold and cough generally subside with two to four weeks. However, it is important to understand when to consult a doctor.
- Chest pain or breathing problems
- Cough lasting for more than 6 weeks.
- A yellow, green or brown mucous indicating another infection.
- Swollen glands, persistent high fever, rashes.
- Body getting pale and symptoms getting worse.
- Temperature higher than 38 degrees in the case of infants.
Precautions and diet that should be taken care of
- Increase Intake of fluids especially hot liquids
- Never stop breastfeeding the baby
- Vapour rub applied on chest and back is an effective remedy
- Inhaling steam provides relief to a sore throat and nose
- Intake of crushed tulsi leaves with honey or hot turmeric milk is soothing and very helpful
There is little we can do to prevent viral infections. However, proper care and caution can ensure a smooth recovery. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
My son age is four months. He is having loose motion and crying every time . He is not feeding proper milk. Giving cows milk to the son .Lactogen is good or bad for my son. His mother not having milk to feed son. Tell about my wife for how to increase the milk. Thanks .
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.
My 1.4 Year child not eat food well. Before 15 days he ate well. Consume only milk and Curd rice. We give Albendazole but there is no improvement for a week. So please suggest me.
Hi my baby is 1 year 7 month I left breast feed at 1 year 6 month. Back 3 days she suddenly vomited at afternoon then she start to vomit continue on that day then I showed doctor he told light fever is there then gave omit medicine then it stopped after 2nd day yesterday she stated to do motion 5to 6 times then today she passed motion 4, times and at night again she omitted let me know any solution why she is vomiting and motion whether she get new teeth so may be? Reply urgent please.
If we identified the hearing loss early, child can start rehabilitation early and they can grow like normal kid. They can go to normal school.