Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RavindraYour feedback matters!
With the vast amount of available information, ranging from age-old wisdom to health magazines and health sites, most people are prone to misinformation when it comes to what to eat and what to avoid.
From drinking copious amounts of water to eating a light lunch, it is the time that these commonly known health tips are debunked.
These 3 habits that may seem healthy on the surface but are actually harming you!
1) Drinking large amounts of water
It is advisable to drink a healthy dose of water each day, but you should drink water only when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. If you drink water beyond your level of thirst, it can lead to excess water intake. This excessive intake can be the cause of conditions like obesity, skin and digestive problems among other health conditions. An average person consumes 8 glasses of water each day. But you are advised to drink that much, only if you are thirsty enough. It is also recommended not to drink cold water or ice-cold drinks.
2) Eating uncooked foods
It is essential to preserve the nutrients of the ingredients you eat, but it is equally important to make them digestible. Cooking involves subjecting the ingredients to heat, which helps to remove and kill certain impurities and bacteria in them. Cooked foods are easily broken down, and hence, digested with ease. Some vegetables and foods are even more beneficial when lightly cooked. Vegetables like Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale should not be consumed raw.
3) Eating a light lunch
The ideology behind eating a light lunch may be to keep your weight in check and to stay healthy, but if the food you're having is not nutritious, it can still cause you to gain weight. Some food joints even offer a lunch menu of light proportions while the dinner menu may be packed with heavy amounts of food. This is wrong. It is advisable that people have larger proportions of food in their lunch while dinner should be meager as your digestion slows down as the day progresses. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Everyday I go to bed at 11 PM. Due to some personal factors, I couldn't go to bed before 11: 00 PM. I want to wake-up early morning at 5: 00 AM, but I couldn't. If I try to do with high emotional impact and sleep (i.e. From 11 PM - 5 AM then it will be 6 hours of sleep everyday. Here again I am afraid that may I sleep in office working hours or may it become any unhealthy condition due to lack of proper sleep. Also I have dark circles under eye. I am asking all these things especially for my carrier growth. Is it recommended to sleep only 6 hrs per day? Could you help me with a good suggestions to make a good habits in my lifestyle.
What can I do when my head is started to move before the exam night and also when I am going to sleep and also when I am playing cricket in the field?
I have red eyes since three days, and high fever. I took paracetamol but to no rescue. Recently I have been feeling very weak and even could not get out of my bed. Have severe headache and flowing nose. What can I do to improve my condition?
I am 20 years old. My penis is only 4 inches long when in full shape and my foreskin is not open fully. In this condition sex is painful or not? What can I do for this?
I am 27 years old. I am facing hairfall problem even I tried all home remedies. I feel irritation (burn type) at some part of head (front side) and after shampoo feel more burn and hair fall is more at that part. I used himalaya shampoo, please suggest me which shampoo should use and suggest for control hairfall and regrowth of hair. Some doctor suggest arnica montana shampoo. I want to know that arnica montana shampoo is better or trichup shampoo is better for me. Which is more better in these two shampoo and oil.
I am suffering from anemia and low platelets count and doctors had done blood and platelets transfusion last month now I am using course what are the foods should I avoid after blood transfusion.
My husband has a problem of teeth grinding during sleep and thats quite irritating kindly suggest something.
Basically my main issue is my bad habit which is doing masturbation for 3-4 times in a day. It's not that I do it again and again day by day. But when I do I feel very weak and I think that its the main reason for my skinny body. I'm 20 year old and my weight is about 56 just. Please help me to get rid of this problem.
Hi I have sweating problem n due to which foul smells come from my body please suggest me some thing for it.
I'm 22 year's old, I have fever for last 3 days, I'm taking medicines properly but still I have fever, sir please tell me what should I do?
Sir/Madam, I'm addicted to pornography and I masturbate when watching porn. How to get rid off it ? It is also a great sin according to our religion. Please help .
Seeds are the most basic parts of a tree. Without the seed, there won't be any tree. But some seeds have more functions than growing trees. Some seeds can help you become healthy as well. Here is a list of such seeds:
- Sunflower seeds: They are rich sources of vitamin E which are essential to the body to fight cancer. It also helps improve the immunity system of the body. It reduces oxidative stress caused due to working out.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are full of carbohydrates and fiber. It helps the body control blood sugar level. It also helps the body reach the satisfaction point after a meal, which helps in controlling digestion. It is a good source of plant protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds contain antioxidants which help in repairing damaged cells.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are known for being a source of calcium. Hence they help in making the bones strong and keeping them healthy. They are also required for the muscles to function properly. Sesame seeds produce energy for the body to work on.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain good amount of Magnesium, Zinc and plant based Omega-3 fatty acids. Pumpkin seeds also help in protecting against type 2 Diabetes and are good for heart, liver health and also prevents insomnia.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich sources of fibre. They contain a lot of soluble fibres, which help in the process of digestion. Flax seeds also help control hunger and blood sugar level. Daily consumption of flax seeds keeps a check on the blood pressure level, which in turn reduces the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Due to the presence of lignin, flax seeds promote smooth blood flow.
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are whole proteins. Hemp seeds help to keep your hair and skin healthy. This is due to the presence of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. They also help to lower the cholesterol level, due to the presence of phytosterols.