Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra BsYour feedback matters!
I am having extreme pain in my anus but though I am not facing any problem while potty and not bleeding also. Please help me to get over it. Thanks!
How many days it takes to cure or heal fully after fissure surgery & why puss like substance is coming out from anus?
Sir arnica mon q is it a tonic or medicated oil? And also Acid hydrofluoric30.2 tds what is it. Is it a tablet or tonic or a medical shampoo.
Sir sometimes when I go to toilet for doing potty, blood comes with yellow like gel is there any serious matter? Or what will I do?
I had pain in my lower abdomen at right side. Sometimes it's too high n many times it's feels like low. Gaining weight simultaneously.
Hi I am Suresh 25 years old but I have no job mentally disturbed and also so many friends I lose. I feel I am alone. Health also so bad. I have gastric problem. Please support me. What can I do for these problems solve.
I am 20 years old male and have diarrhea everyday I took metrogyl but it didn't seem to work, then I took loparet but that also do not work.
Suffering from stomach pain for last 24 hours. Had loose motion yesterday and had to go to the washroom 4 times between 5 am to 8 am yesterday. Extreme pain from below the chest till naval. Pain is persistent. Took meds for acidity like rantac. After consulting online took meds like metal spas, pan 40, oflox. But there is no relief. Also have persistent fever. Unable to clear my stomach. Had banana. Plenty of water. Curd rice. Is there any meds that can help me clear my stomach like any suppositories. Is this a case of food poisoning. Please recommend some remedy , how to get instant relief.
Sir my mother is suffering from fatty liver size 138 mm and SGPT value is 80 u/l what is treatment and precautions please help sir.
I get anal fissure over and over again and again in few months and it pains badly what to be done for total liberation from the problem?
Gastric press my urine and I can't hold urine pressure but all test results are normal (usg, urine culture, sugar,) please prescribe medicine.
Hi Doctor, I have very bad gastric problem. If I don't take food, I get stomach pain and headache. I feel vomiting. While vomiting little blood also comes with sputum. Kindly suggest what test I need to do or what else I need precautions. What about the foods or drinks?
Just got my ultrasound report doctor said my liver got some fat (fatty liver) I just want to know what precaution I should take and what is the easy way to get rid of this fat from liver? Thank you.
I am 22 years old I have digestion problem I am nt able to eat and I always feel lk vomiting and even have back pain I used many ointments and medicines bt I did nt got relief? Please suggest me what to do?
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
1. Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
2. Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
3. Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
4. Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
5. Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
6. May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
1. Hormonal problems - This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
2. Dietary causes-This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
3. Underlying illnesses - Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
4. Mental health and Stress issues - People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
II. Mental health counseling
IV. Medications for bowel spasms
V. Medications for diarrhea or constipation
VI. Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.