Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindra Babu
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra BabuYour feedback matters!
I had cold, bad throat, running nose, throat pain. I took Levofloxacin 500 mg, crocin, grilinctus syrup and voveran for headache. My all problems were gone but I had chills and shivering last night. Same thing happened in morning is it a sign of malaria pls recommend medicine for the same.
My wife 32 years old currently she is suffering for cough. Every he cough and his neck-cum- Throat pained and her ear also pained. She is always suffering for cold. How recover from this scenario.
I have slight throat pain over 6 month and my neck get dry in morning when I awake, also my saliva is bit yellowish in morning when I go cleaning my teeth. please give necessary remedies or medicine. I had habit of smoking shisha (huka).
Here are 3 powerful ways to get rid of snoring.
1. Steam: Nasal congestion is one of the biggest reasons behind snoring. The best solution for reducing congestion is to inhale steam.
- Pour hot boiling water in a large bowl/ You can also use a steamer.
- Add three or four drops of eucalyptus essential oil or tea tree essential oil.
- Hold a towel over your head and inhale the steam deeply through your nose for 10 minutes.
- Follow this remedy daily before going to bed until your congestion clears.
2. Ghee: Ghee, also known as clarified butter, has certain medicinal properties that can help open up blocked nasal passages. This in turn will help you snore less and sleep better.
- Slightly warm a small amount of ghee.
- Use a dropper to put two or three drops of lukewarm ghee in each nostril.
- Do this daily before going to bed and again after waking up the next morning.
3. Turmeric : Being a powerful antiseptic and antibiotic agent, turmeric can treat inflammation and help reduce heavy snoring. The following milk and turmeric drink will help you breathe freely while you sleep.
- Add two teaspoons of turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk.
- Drink it 30 minutes before going to sleep.
- Do this daily.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I snore intensely for over two years now it was not like this before I wasn't even snoring at all please what can I do about it it disturbs the people with whom I share my bed.
I am having snoring problem from past few months. It got increased during this month. Didn't have any difficulty in sleeping.
Are you suffering from a sore throat that is prolonged in nature? Although, a sore throat is not very severe, being prolonged in nature indicates that it is chronic. You should not ignore a sore throat that does not heal over a long period of time. This might be an indication of a serious problem, and you will require proper diagnosis.
When is a sore throat termed as chronic?
- A sore throat may take various forms. It can be itchy, burning, scratchy in nature, and can also cause difficulty in swallowing food.
- It is likely for a sore throat to be accompanied by a form of pesky cough that leads to further irritation of the throat.
- Sore throats can also occur from common colds and several viruses. These usually resolve on their own.
- However, when your sore throat is persistent and you cannot find relief, it is referred to as a chronic sore throat. The primary cause of sore throat includes strep throat, allergies, tonsillitis or the infection of your tonsils, inhaling air pollutants, influenza, cigarette smoking, and inhaling via the mouth.
- Among these conditions, strep throat and tonsillitis may turn into severe problems, if not treated properly.
- Smoking is a major cause of chronic sore throat. You should control your smoking to eliminate these sore throat symptoms.
- Snoring is also a major cause for sore throat.
Relief from chronic sore throat
No matter what is the cause of your chronic throat pain, or sore throat is, you should follow some steps and undertake simple home remedies for soothing your scratchy, itchy and painful throat. Some of them include the following:
- Do hot water steam inhalation daily, which will help
- You must stay well hydrated and should moisten your throat by drinking lots of fluids throughout the day. You should add honey to warm drinks and hot tea.
- You may take over the counter pain relievers.
- You should install a humidifier in your home for preventing dry air that causes irritation to your throat.
- You may try gargling regularly with warm water and salt, at least twice a day.
It is difficult to diagnose the exact cause of a sore throat, but when it worsens or does not tend to leave, something serious is indicated. You must consult a doctor and undertake a physical examination of your throat in order to detect the cause.