Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra BabuYour feedback matters!
I am a 27 years old man, am suffering with my throat problem, if I take food items or any type of liquid items, immediately among with that flavour from my throat comes a cauff.
Since last 7 month I have a problem of sneezing and sinus infection it's really irritating what should I do.
I am suffering snoring problem for quiet a long time. I used different medications but It was temporary Relief. I am feeling sleeplessness even after sleeping and feels very lazy in the mornings. Now I want to get complete Relief from this problem. Please suggest me properly. A.ChetanAnand Age. 45.
There is a small dot in the ear drum and some liquid leakes is it curable and what is aremedy for this?
I had right ear discharge since 10 years so I loss hearing. Two ears back I had right ear surgery, some times i'm having discharge, at present right ear not hearing means I loss hearing. How I get hearing.
Hi doctor how are you? Doctor I am suffering from nasal and skin allergy specially my back and face is suffered to much it has been since 3-4 years what should I do sir?
I need to know throat infection reasons. I am feeling pain in night time, in fact day time the pain will almost diminish. Getting difficulty in swallowing saliva too. Please guide me possible reasons. And how to cure it. Thanks.
Hi I have throat pain for past two days.I am taking salt water goggling for past two days let me know if anything else needs to be followed or any tablets.
Sir I have a problem of snoring due to give bone of my nose and also feel unhealthy for breathing and have cold.
Some time comes giddiness it is only few seconds come & go what is the reason & hair loss is more.Please help
Since last 5/6 months, 2/3 light red colour symbols are seeing on my tongue. Are these light red colour symbols are symptom of any diseases?
I am 28 years old man. L have been suffering from tonsils for the 3 days. Please give me the prescription.
My nose bone is increasing from right side is there any treatment trough which I can get perfect nose.
I am 22 years old boy. While I consult an ent he told that My ear drum got a small hole while a cricket rubber ball strike my ear.. I wanted to know how it can be cured? Please I got totally confused please give me answer How I need to care it?
I have been constantly suffering from throat pain for the past few days and there is no sign of recovery inspite of having antibiotics. What should I do?
She is suffering from sinus. Is there any kind of medicine that stops sinus for permanently? Plzz help me for this.
I have ulcer in throat particularly on tonsil and around them big patch of ulcer, they are kind of constant they sometime vanish and again come back I took some pills from Dr. but it Again sever e.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants