Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravinder VurakaranamYour feedback matters!
I have tooth pain so please suggest me what I do & I am also having thyroid problem so please guide me.
There is smell from my gums (not always) and there is white layer also in gums. Please suggest. Thanks.
I have bad smell coming from my mouth despite brushing twice a day and using mouthwash at night. I suspect that it is something to do with my digestive system.
Mere mummy ke teeth ke halka niche ek choti se Gath pad gai. Kabhi kabhi usmain swelling aa jati hai. Kafi dard hota hai. Please answering this question with discribe.
Whiteness inside mouth I do not know what is this, please help, some doctor said it may cause cancer.
Hi I have 2, 3 ulcers (chala) in my mouth for 1 week I am taking one becosules capsule daily in the morning but it is not getting reduced I am drinking lot of water, lassi, etc etc Still ulcer is getting big What should I do? Should I take 2 capsules or anything else?
Hi, I am 24 yrs old male. I have got black spots on my lips and frontal gum areas due to smoking. Please suggest me how to get rid of it?
Tooth loss occurs due to various reasons decay and infection, fracture, accidents, gum disease, to name a few. Tooth loss has a negative impact on various aspects facial appearance, chewing efficiency, and overall nutrition. The attempts to restore the lost tooth have led to various advancements from removable dentures to cast partial dentures to fixed dentures to implants.
Listed below are features (covering advantages and disadvantages) of both dentures (fixed and removable) and implants. While dentures can be complete or partial, implants are more often partial, of course can be used to replace multiple teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist along with oral and radiographic examination will help in making a decision.
Replaces tooth but more for cosmetic reasons than function.
Poor chewing efficiency.
Useful when multiple teeth are to be replaced, especially when no adjacent teeth are available for support.
If good bone support is not available, retention is an issue.
Not very healthy for the underlying jaw bone and adjacent gums.
Requires daily and routine maintenance.
Also called as bridges, as the artificial replaced tooth is a bridge between two natural teeth.
Requires removal of sound tooth structure as abutment (support). This is the major disadvantage with fixed dentures, which promoted further work from the dentists, ending up with discovery of implants.
Promotes tooth decay in the adjacent teeth.
Good support, so retention is not an issue.
Not as harmful to the underlying jaw bone as removable denture.
Requires maintenance but not like the removable denture.
Expensive compared to removable dentures.
Replacing a bridge also means the adjacent healthy teeth are affected.
Very good replacement alternative, replaces not just the crown structure but also the root structure.
An excellent option when the jaw bones and gums are extremely in good condition.
Almost natural restoration of both chewing efficiency and facial appearance, the person can eat almost anything.
Not as harmful on the gums like dentures.
Does not cause bone loss like dentures.
Can be used to replace single or multiple teeth, where multiple implants are placed and a bridge is placed over them.
The titanium screws that are used fuse with the jaw bone over a period of time.
The titanium is also biocompatible, thereby reducing chances of allergy.
Implants are expensive, and many insurance companies may not cover them.
If properly fabricated and maintained well, then it can last for decades.
The decision to go for a denture or for an implant should be decided based on a detailed evaluation of overall health and if required radiographic examination. Both dentures and implants have advantages and disadvantages, and the dentist will help make the right choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I have dental problem, I had filed my teeth but its temporary filling. What can I do for healthy tooth.
From the past one week there is a lot of pain in my teeth. Neither am able to speak nor m able to eat properly. I am in a lot of pain. You are kindly requested to please provide me with your valuable feedback. I will be very greatful to you for your input. Thank you.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.