Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindar Varakala
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindar VarakalaYour feedback matters!
Iam having hearing problem in both ears.As per audio graphy left ear is total dad & right ear is 70 % demage. Using hearing aid but not ok. Can ears repaired by operation or medicine ?
My right ear is unable to hear. And all the reports are normal. What I do to hear by my right ear. so, what to do.?
The ear has three parts – outer, middle, and inner – through which sounds waves pass through. On reaching the inner ear, the sound waves are transmitted through a fluid medium which is carried through to the brain to produce “sound.” Hearing loss can be due to problems anywhere in this circuit – from the outer ear to nerve issues in the middle ear.
There are two main types of hearing loss
Conductive hearing loss, where problems in the outer or middle ear cause problem conducting sound waves into the inner ear
Sensorineural hearing loss, where there is a problem in the nervous portion of the hearing process
Conductive hearing loss occurs due to poor conduction of sound waves to the middle ear, where it is processed to perceive the sound. Conductive hearing loss can happen due to the following reasons:
- Wax: Excessive wax accumulated in the outer ear can prevent passage of sound into the middle ear
- Infection: The outer or middle ear could be infected, affecting passage of sound waves
- Tear in the eardrum: The eardrum is a membrane through which sound waves pass. A tear due to trauma or injury can hamper this process, leading to hearing loss.
- Impact: When there is a bang on the head, there could be temporary hearing loss due to disruption of the hearing system
- Hereditary: A lot of times, hearing loss is hereditary and an exact cause may not be traceable
- Ear tumor: Middle ear tumors can also cause conductive hearing loss
- Abnormal growth: Abnormal bone growth in the middle ear can cause blockage, leading to hearing loss
- Post-surgical: The ear is a highly complex structure, and while surgical corrections are being done to treat a condition, it is very likely that other parts can be damaged
In most of the conditions mentioned above, there are some sound waves which pass through, so conductive hearing loss is often partial, wherein the person can hear but it is faint. Very rarely, it is complete where the person goes completely deaf.
This would depend on the cause of the hearing loss.
- Clearing up the wax can lead to improved hearing
- A tear in the eardrum or fluid buildup would need surgical repair to restore hearing
- Infections might require treatment with antibiotics and pain killers
- Tumors or bone growths would also require surgical correction for restoring hearing
- For outer ear blocks, audiometry is done only after the blocks are cleared
- If post correction, the hearing is not completely restored, hearing aids can be used, which often results in complete restoration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am doing gym almost 3 years. I hear that taking dinabol steroid is less harmful and after thigh if I do PST then it is safe. So can I take dinabol? Please I need it very much I want to gain my body size and I also tested my blood and USG report and it was normal. So can I take dinabol?
I do not hear any sound from my left ear. Already visited too many doctors in Hooghly, Burwan in West Bengal, but problem is not recovered. I am suffering from this problems last 1 year. I have no pain & no discharge from this ear. Result of audiometry hearing test is Left mild conductive type hearing loff.
You may find out that your child is suffering from hearing loss when he is born or he may be diagnosed with the condition later in life. Hearing loss in children is commonly caused by otitis media, birth problems and on the account of certain injuries or illnesses.
Signs and symptoms
The early stage symptoms of hearing loss in children are as follows:
No reaction to extremely loud noises
No response or reaction to your voice
The child makes some sounds, which taper off
The other symptoms which follow include:
He may pull and rub his ears.
He may act cranky constantly without any proper reason.
He might stop paying attention.
Low energy levels are indicated.
He may find it hard to follow directions.
He may ask you to increase the volume of the radio or TV.
Fever and ear pain are also likely symptoms.
Early hearing loss can affect your child’s language learning skills. If the problem is diagnosed and treated soon, the problem with language can be avoided. The method of treatment depends on the cause of hearing loss in your child and the severity of hearing loss.
There are certain medicines for hearing---prescribed by your ENT Surgeon. Pleas take the point watchful waiting. Even if you have slightest doubt of hearing loss contact ENT immediately.
The primary treatment methods of hearing loss in children include the following:
Watchful waiting: Sometimes, the condition may resolve on its own and the treatment involves simple monitoring of your child for positive changes.
Medicines: There are certain medicines for hearing loss in children, which may be prescribed by your pediatrician.
Ear tubes: Ear tubes may be recommended if medicines and monitoring do not work. The tubes allow fluid to drain and help in preventing infections. A minor surgery has to be undertaken on your child for getting the ear tubes placed. This will solve the hearing loss and other related issues.
Hearing aids: Hearing aids may be used to allow your child hear better. It is safe for children to use ear tubes after the age of one month. For the right hearing aid for your child, you need to consult a hearing specialist.
Implants: Cochlear implants are used to treat hearing loss in many children. These are electronic devices which are put in the inner ear to benefit hearing. These should be used only if hearing aids did not succeed and these are meant to be used only in case of children with serious hearing problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!