Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravikumar KYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of teeth cavities. I see cavities but there's no pain yet. Is there any cure other than root canal. Like putting cement or something? please advice.
My teeth (on left side last one) has been damaged (about 1/4th part) by cavities. Please suggest me. Can it be repaired again.
Instead of extraction of a painful decayed tooth opt for root canal treatment of the tooth.Every tooth is important to maintain the harmonal balance of the biting forces.With newer technologies, most of the root canal treatment are painless.
I have pain in my teeth which is done rootcenal last 4 month ago if my teeth ia not live how it can pain please explain?
Gum bleeding is a severe kind of oral trouble and it needs to be resolved as soon as possible otherwise it might get converted into a serious issue. There are some simple ways by means of which bleeding gums can be stopped.
5 ways to prevent bleeding of gums
- Have a healthy diet: Oral health can only be preserved well by maintaining a healthy diet, and this can also prevent bleeding gums. Fruits and veggies are included in this kind of diet. These foods offer necessary nutrients, which get absorbed in your gums as a result of which gums stop bleeding. The state of your gums can be improved by adding those foods into your diet as these are enriched with magnesium, calcium, vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Improving dental care routine: Bleeding gums can be stopped by taking good care of the health of your gums, and this is possible only with the help of a regular dental check-up. Consult a dentist right away. Though flossing and brushing are needed for reducing gum inflammation and swelling, but still medical check-up is required in order to find out whether you are using the correct toothbrush, flossing solution and toothpaste or not. On the other hand, early stages of gum diseases causing bleeding can be detected and thus advanced stages can be easily prevented.
- Quit smoking: You should not continue smoking anymore in order to protect your gums from different troubles or diseases. Tobacco toxins keep on depositing over your gums due to consistent smoking thereby, causing severe troubles, and you might even face gum bleeding.
- Acute relaxation: If your stress levels somehow get increased, then in that case, you might face the trouble of gum bleeding. This is the reason you should steal some time from work for relaxation. You can also start practicing different kinds of stress-releasing therapies like yoga, meditation and other related ones. In this way, your mind troubles will be eliminated, stress level will be controlled, and finally immunity system can be strengthened as a result of which bleeding from the gums can be stopped.
- Stop sharing dental accessories: It has been found that most of the gum diseases are occurring due to sharing of dental accessories with your dear ones; especially toothbrush, braces and others. This will eventually spread affection and love, but along with that infectious gum diseases will also occur, which are highly unwanted. These diseases might lead to severe gum bleeding at times.
One of my teeth was broken it is looking like partially black, can I replaced instead of current teeth, is it will in future as standard like as my original teeth? give me your valuable suggestions please.
He is facing a problem of bad smell from mouth, in the morning and after 2 hours from brushing. He brushed twice a day. What should he do now?
Hello, I am suffering from the wisdom tooth pain issue. I am having wisdom tooth which has not grown fully. Only some portion of wisdom teeth is visible from outside and some part of skin is trying to come on the top of half grown wisdom teeth. I am very nervous and little tense regarding this issue. I have also taken xray for the same. Wisdom teeth is preety straight so this is good for me but There is one black line in xray in the root of the wisdom teeth. Doctor told me this is an infection. Do I need to use any antibiotic to relive from pain? In future, Do I need to remove this wisdom tooth? Please suggest me the right direction to solve this issue as I am very much tensed. Thanks a lot in advance.
Sir My age is 17 and half years old. Sir the front teeth of my mouth is half broken and its color changes fo black then how can I improve my teeth. Give me advice please.
There are several options available to you if you've lost one or more teeth.
Millions of adults have lost one or more of their teeth due to oral diseases (such as cavities or gum disease) or injury. Missing teeth can make chewing difficult, cause problems speaking, and impact a person's sense of self-esteem. That's why seeing a dentist about tooth replacements, which may include dental implants, bridges, or dentures, can be an important part of maintaining your dental health.
Tooth Replacement: Dental Implants
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that a periodontist inserts into your jaw to replace lost teeth. Putting in dental implants involves the surgical placement of a metal post into the bone underneath your gums. A replacement tooth, called a crown, will be attached to the post, giving the appearance of a natural tooth. In cases where you are missing multiple teeth, or all of your teeth, dental implants can be used in conjunction with bridges or dentures to make these tooth replacements more secure.
Dental implants are often a preferred tooth replacement option because they do not affect the adjacent teeth like a bridge does. Dental implants also look and feel like natural teeth, and are more secure than removable dentures.
But not everyone is a candidate for dental implants. To receive dental implants, you must be in good overall health, your jawbone must be able to adequately hold the implants in place, and your gum tissue should be healthy and free of disease. So, in some cases, a bridge or dentures without dental implants may be a better choice.
Tooth Replacement: Dental Bridges
A dental bridge, which is also called a fixed partial denture, may be a tooth replacement option if you are missing one or more teeth. Dental bridges get their name because they "bridge" the gap between your missing tooth or teeth and your surrounding teeth. Your dentist will bond the bridge onto the teeth that surround your gap.
In addition to fixed bridges, there are two other types of dental bridges:
Removable bridges. If you have a removable bridge, you will be able to remove it, clean it, and put it back in yourself.
Implant bridges. An implant bridge is attached to a dental implant or implants.
Dental bridges are made from various materials, including gold, alloys, and porcelain. They can help maintain the shape of your face and the integrity of your bite, and allow you to chew, speak, and smile with more ease and confidence.
Tooth Replacement: Dentures
For people who have lost all or most of their teeth, dentures, or false teeth, may be the best tooth replacement option. There are two types of dentures:
Complete dentures. This type of denture is used when you have no teeth remaining, or when your remaining teeth need to be removed. They cover your upper and lower gums. If you have teeth removed, your dentist will give you an immediate denture to wear for six to eight weeks, until your gums have healed and a conventional denture can be custom designed for you.
Overdentures. These are removable dentures that can be used if you still have some remaining natural teeth, or have dental implants. Overdentures should only be used if your remaining teeth or dental implants are able to provide adequate support.
Like dental bridges, dentures can help you maintain your facial shape and your self-esteem. It may take some time before you're able to chew and speak normally again, but these skills will improve with practice.
If you are missing teeth, talk with your dentist about whether dental implants, bridges, or dentures may be options for you.