Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ravikiran CsYour feedback matters!
My son born at 33 weeks. Today is the 44th day. He us preemie. Now he went loose motion. I gave bm only. Kindly advise.
My younger son his age is one and half year and he is suffering from the problem of stool at the time of stooling he suffers more pain and stool is so hard and tight. So please tell any thing else.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hello there. My baby is 3.5 months old and is 4.5 kg. She looks very under weight and feeds very less. Also suddenly she has started eating her fingers and is drooling. She has even started feeding more less now. But she is active as such. All this seems very unusual. What can we do ? Is she okay ?
My baby is 6 months 4 days. When it is better to start solids. Now we r giving formula milk 3 times and brest milk 2 times. 2days back we started giving boiled carrot. And today we gave mixed (raw carrot 2 badam 1 cashew) 4 spoons. She splited out.please advice
Hi, I have 7 months old baby. Which brand is good for my child's skin, himalaya or johnson's baby? And please tell me the reason.
You can exercise for healthier gums as well. Gently bite down so as to make sure that your teeth make a clinking sound when they meet. Repeat this 30 to 40 times continously. This exercise will stimulate the flow of blood and will keep your gums healthy.
My baby has completed 4 months and he has diarrhea what should I do? What are the causes of diarrhea?
My son is 2 months and 20 days we had given him the necessary vaccination but one vaccine is not given to him which is called as PCV? Can some one help me to know wht is that? Is it mandate to give him as it is not available in govt. Hospitals also.
Can I give my I year old baby junior horlicks? or suggest any other health drink for 1 year old baby ?
I am male 34 years , got married five years ago. But I do not have kids yet, consulted many doctors , got many treatments both of us, wife and husband, but no results, some says she got problem and some says my sperm count is low, we are confused.
After delivering a baby on November 12,2015 my wife is suffering from cardiomyopathy as it was diagnosed by Dr. in the month of January, her initial EVF is 28% after taking medicine her EVF improved to40% but this time observed in reports her EVF is 38%.just wanted to understand why it Flickr. One more thing her weight also reduces to 46 kg from 52 kg ,bp is 110/60 and from 2- 3 days she is sneezing. Need to understand this behavior from subject experts, waiting for response.
My daughter (7 years) is suffering from adenoids. We found this problem in the age of 3-4 years and suggested to wait for another two years. She had no problem during these 2 years. From last month onwards she was suffering from ear pain and now doctor says to go for surgery. Request you to kindly suggest is there a remedy without surgery or still shall we wait for some years?
Hi doctor this is seven. I have a daughter of 5 months. White bleeding is happening to her from her birth onwards that is of low bleeding but every day is happening still now. She born with low weight of 2 kg and 25 days before my expected delivery dat due to my high bp. Can you tell me why that white bleeding happening to my 5 months baby.
Hello everyone. I’m Dr Kriti Mathur, homoeopathic physician, practising in Gurgaon. I also provide psychological and nutritional counselling. Today I’ll be talking about behavioural disorders in children.
There are some children who are very active, they are hyperactive, and they just cannot sit idle in a place. They cannot sit in a place, they constantly start playing with their hands and constantly move their hands, or they start playing with whatever they can lay their hands upon. These children are inattentive, they just don’t pay attention in class, they’re physically present there, but their mind is elsewhere. They are unable to complete their tasks because they haven’t been paying attention to the instructions they had been given, they are disorganized and start losing their stuff. These children are also impulsive, they’ll unnecessarily disturb the class by asking irrelevant questions or they’ll ask very personal questions to their teachers, they’ll talk unnecessarily, disturbing or intercepting between other people’s conversations. So you might be getting a call from the school counsellor pointing out the symptoms.
So as a parent, we need to understand that this is not because of bad parenting or because your child is disobedient, but this is a medical condition which is called Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. As a parent, what we can do to help our child is:
- First to make a schedule for the child, give the instructions to the child in a very clear, concise language, simple language which the child can understand. Every time the child follows those instructions or completes his tasks, please appreciate him and in case he is unable to complete the task or he is unable to follow those instructions, repeat them, but do not scold them, it is not going to solve any problem.
- Secondly, you have to involve them in a number of tasks like sports, yoga, a place where they can use the extra energy that they have.
- About the diet, do not give sugar items, no chocolates, toffees, candies because that will give them a sugar high and they will find it difficult to consume that energy. It is better to give a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates and proteins so that the energy is slowly utilized.
Regarding the treatment, homoeopathic treatment is very effective, we provide constitutional treatment for these children. So if you have a child who has any of these symptoms, please feel free to consult me via Lybrate or you can consult me in my clinic at Sushant Lok, Phase 1 or Anahat at DLF Phase 3.