Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Sciatica nerve is the longest nerve of our body, which starts from the spinal cord, passes through the lower back and into the lower leg. Sciatica is a symptom of pain in the sciatic nerve which occurs if it is being compressed by any mass, irritated or overgrowth along its course.
Patients with sciatica experience severe pain along their back as well as may suffer from additional symptoms including numbness and weakness, a feeling of tingling and pins and needles on the foot or toes. In severe cases, some people may also suffer from loss of bladder and bowel control.
One of the most common reasons is the pinching of the nerve due to a slipped disc in the lower back. Other conditions which cause sciatica are trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis, spinal tumors and lumbar vertebral canal stenosis.
One of the easiest ways to prevent sciatica is by protecting your lower spine. You can follow these easy tips that can be really helpful in maintaining your health and remaining pain free.
- Exercising regularly: By exercising regularly, patients can strengthen their back and abdominal muscles and prevent damage to their vertebral column.
- Good posture: By maintaining a good posture while sitting and working in an ergonomically designed chair that properly supports your hips and back and does not compress the back of your thighs and knees while sitting is essential to maintain a healthy back.
Homeopathy offers natural medicines that can cure and reduce sciatica pain. One of the biggest advantages that homoeopathy offers for treating sciatica is that it can treat the disease effectively, by rectifying the compression or irritation on the sciatic nerve.
Homeopathy practitioners use Colocynth for treatment caused in right sided sciatica pain. Homeopathic medicine Gnaphlium is used to treat numbness associated with the paint, while Rhus tox is usually helpful in treating all sciatica symptoms and is the most preferred medicine by homeopathic practitioners.
Homeopathy also offers additional benefits as it not only helps in rectifying sciatica pain it also help in strengthening a patient’s constitution so that the disease is cured from its roots and there are no further recurrences. Homeopathic medicine is very fast and effective and is totally natural, free from any side effects. It is one of the most widely accepted forms of medicine which causes no side effects and can be taken easily by both men and women.
I am suffering from severe joint pain since last five years. Sometimes it becomes so acute that I can not walk, bend, seat nor I can do any physical work. Please advise me what medical treatment should I follow. I am a male and 48 years old.
I am 55 years facing diabetes, hair fall, skin eruptions, cholestrol little, backpain, and pain below neck, shoulders please suggest medicine.
Hi iam farooq iam 25 year old my xry is normal problem is back pain and 12 th rib pain last 6 month what can I do?
I am suffering from the disease of arms and legs pain from the last three months and I have already take the more and more medicine but can't feel relief please tell me the solution and prefer medicine for my this problem?
I am 26 years old. In my right hand and some other places of my body little part have been swollen. It is there from last 5 years. It is not paining. Is it harmful? Help me.
Last Tuesday during practice I got muscle cramp on my leg and now also it's paining. What should I do to get quick relief?
I am a 50 year old lady, I had a problem of slipped disk few months back, but now 90% is ok, should I drive the car which doctors had told me not to do for sometime.
I have been gyming for the last 1 and a half years. Recently a pain in my right hand has started 2 disturb me during my workouts. The whole day the pain is nowhere around but between my workouts it starts again. Its a nerve problem in my elbow part it pains hard and I know its not muscle pain. Can anyone suggest me anything regarding pain due to nerves in my arms?
My mother aged 45 suffering from leg pains when she work extra in routine day. She pastly had some stones in kidney is that was tge reason for the leg pains?
You might be aware that there is no way that you can prevent arthritis to happen except for being car. But what you can do is delay and reduce the risk of its potential onset. If your joints are healthy now, there is no guarantee that they will always be, unless, you take good care.
Do you know a few kinds of arthritis can be modified. They are:
1. Gout - Have a healthy, balanced diet which is low in cholesterol, alcohol and sugar. This will help you fight against the onset of gout.
2. Osteoarthritis - To modify the risk factor of osteoarthritis, it is important to maintain a healthy weight.
How to defeat arthritis?
1. Keep a check on your weight: If you are obese, you are putting more pressure on your joints and as a result, they wear out soon. By losing weight, you can make a lot of difference in your joint health.
2. Ensure good water intake: Our body is 70% water. And water is one of those things which is the most important for us. Staying hydrated is very important, even for your joints. Because when the body is dehydrated, and the body needs water, it uses the water stored in our bodies, incl the water in the cartilage.
3. Try to avoid any injury: No one really wants to get injured but it is important to be careful and cautious against injuries of any kind. The more injured your joints are, the more susceptible they are to wear and tear now, and arthritis later in life.
4. Don’t stress with physical tasks: There is a way and correct posture to do them, but many people ignore those and perform the tasks clumsily. This puts additional pressure on your joints.
5. Get Your share of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is very important for us. If your body has adequate amount of vitamin D, then you are less susceptible to arthritis. It is wise to get the levels tested and if low, a doctor consulted for proper medication.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.