Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi VarmaYour feedback matters!
I am having black spots on my face they look like freckles what should i do to remove them or suggest me treatment
I got dark circle under eye. I use to masturbate a lot. Sometimes 3 in a day. I can not control. So I got dark circle. And look like aged. Please suggest me. Wht to do. I tried many fairness cream nothing worked. please help me.
I have some spots on my face, I dont exactly what r they but my mom says when I was kid I had (kanjanya in marathi) dont know its english word and I had scratched them with my nails and due to it they r there on my face. I consulted doctor he said 3 laser treatment will be needed which will cost 8000 per/spot. So is it real? Are laser treatment that much costly? Can my spot be treated with small surgery or medicines?
I have red lines in my back Ist have 2to 3 lines and now they are 8to 9. Please tell me solution of this.
Feet burning before 3 days and black stool issue because I drink a tea and cold drinks before eating meal.
I have pigmentation problem. Tried many creams and if stop using cream it's coming. How to remove permanently from my face?
My friend has white patches on skin how can I solved that problem he was concern many doctors but no use.
I have black spot with dryness on identical finger same place same time. i am using holiderm/hoivate cream since many years: But its still going and coming condition- can you help.
I am 23 years old. Can I have red wine for my face beauty. How much do I drink? ?I am married. I have 2 kids. Does it have any side affects.
I am 20 years old I dont get my periods regularly my face is darker than my body colour I have vertical lines which runs down from my eyes to side of my mouth line syringomas under my eyes acne and white heads are there on my nose and my face please help me out of this problem really frustrating.
My son is 11 months old he is drinking cows milk fr past one month with sugar ,if sugar is not added he is reluctant to drink ,but when added he is getting red rashes on body.Please tell.
I have been getting pink bumpy and itchy rashes on my skin (legs, arms, face etc). I have consulted 3 doctors but I still have the problem. Bumps comes all of a sudden and vanishes after some time. I find my eyelids swollen one or the other day when I wake up. Eyelids swell after I go for threading too. Rashes are being noticed around the waistline if I wear a belt. One of the doctor told that it is food allergy and the other told it is due to water or climate change. I am facing this problem from 3 months. I am really worried. Please help me on this.
I have lots of marks on my face because I have smashed my spots so please give suggestions to remove them.
I have black marks under my eyes. Please suggest a quick remedy if possible. I'm about to get married. So.
The skin has underlying protein layers, mainly having collagen and keratin. With age, they lose elasticity and the skin begins to sag. This is where facelift gained popularity with various techniques including Botox, chemical fillers, laser beam treatment, and chemical peels. Read on to know how these minimally invasive, economic options work in literally lifting up the face:
- Laser treatment: A beam of laser (usually CO2 laser) is used to make small dots on the skin with normal skin left untouched in between. This causes tightening of the tissue underneath, producing a firmer appearance which can take off years from the appearance.
- Botox: This accidentally discovered neurotoxin is used to treat wrinkles and sagging skin. The sagging areas of the face (usually forehead and nasal folds) are injected with Botox. The wrinkles are gone and the fine lines are lost, and the result can last for up to 8 months.
- Fillers: Chemicals which are naturally present in the skin like hyaluronic acid and collagen extracts are injected into the skin to fill up the underlying skin and produce a fuller, younger appearance. The lower cheeks, corners of the eyes and mouth, and area under the eyes are commonly treated by this method.
- Chemical peeling: The top layer is often peeled off using chemicals so that fresh, younger-looking skin is generated. This also helps in reducing pigmentation, reducing forehead lines, de-tanning, and producing a glowing, radiant, younger-appearing skin. It also can be used in other skin conditions including rosacea.
While each of these is widely popular, they come with a set of potential risks and complications.
- Anaesthetic reaction: Most of the above procedures require local anaesthesia and there could be a reaction to this chemical.
- Hematoma: There could be small hematomas in the underneath layers of the skin, which will take some time but dissolve on its own
- Numbness/tingling: The face has a rich nerve supply, and if any of these are touched, there could be numbness or tingling or even loss of sensation in some cases. While some may improve with time, there also could be permanent damage
- Scarring: In chemical peels, there could be minor incisions and therefore scarring can happen.
- Delayed healing: Depending on the person’s immunity, healing could be delayed, and as it is the face, social and/or professional life can be affected.
- Infection: As with any surgery, chances of infection arise and can be managed with antibiotics.
- Bleeding: As most of these are non- or minimally-invasive, chances of severe bleeding are less but still persist.
- Bruising: The face, in the immediate postop period, can have a bruised appearance, which will improve over 4 to 5 days.