Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Shankar Shetty.KYour feedback matters!
I have dark circles under my eyes. For 3 years. May I know how to get rid of this. And also I am getting small folds under the eyes. May I know what was the reason. And how can I overcome this.
I suffered from itching and now it's cleared, but on the body places where I suffered from itching become black dark spots. So kindly suggest me any medicine to clear them. Thanks.
A dermatalogist has prescribed me to use Trio blocc cream for brown marks..will this be remove the marks or do anyone can duggest a better cream?
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.
I am suffering with burning sensation while going motion nd bleeding while motion not at the time of menses but every time.
My name is ashwin I am a bba student frm bangalore I want to reduce dark spots in my face and want to get fair as soon as possible can you suggest me with it.
I have 5-6 chicken pox holes from last two years on my forehead, nose and cheeks, in short my face. I feel very depressed because of them. I have tried hexilak gel as suggested by my dermatologist, visit many of them. But these scars are not gone yet. One of my friend suggested me to try" mederma" Will it be effective? And if not please suggest some other stuff. And I am currently applying coconut oil on these scars but not seeing any improvement. Please help! Thank you!
My skin is very dry, in summer it is same for that I have rushes on my skin, how to make my skin smooth?
I am 23 years old girl. I am suffering with stomach pain and pussy burning. I can't pee. Its burning and bleeding while peeing. I just want to know why it happens and what to do.
I'm a male. My facial and hands skin is darker than my other body parts. It's clearly visible when I take my shirt off. The skin on neck and face is totally different from the skin on chest. My concern is. How to get even tone skin? Is there any drug or natural remedies available for it?
I want to remove scars on my face can you please tell me how much it will cost me and what will be the duration of the course.
How to get rid of dark black neck? I don't know why my different body parts divided into black and white skin color. E.g. My chest is white but my back is black compare to my chest. My west and hips are black but my legs are white. Is it possible to make whole body with same skin color? Please share me your thought.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my face, I'm using scar removal cream bu does not see any change, so what should I do?
My dermatologist doctor prescribe me a brite lite cream for my improve my face complexion it contain kojic acid dipalmitate 2.0% and glyceric acid 5. 0% I will use this cream in 3 days my complexion get to dull and little bit dark complexion I do not know what it is happen so pls suggest me I am continue or not this cream for get fair complexion please suggest me.
Hello sir I am Abhay I have a problem in my eye having dark circles are increase and more dark it affect my presently. Tell me sir what I do.
I have black sports on my nose so I am applying tooth paste on it then in my nose some black Mark will be get. What to I do to remove that.
I am a 22 year old female. Since 1 year my skin has been sensitive to sun and I had rashes on sun exposure. But now I am having whitish patches on my upper and lower lips beginning from the inner lip line. I haven't noticed any other patches or marks on any other parts of ma body. Can this be vitiligo? I am so much worried. What can I do to avoid spreading of this to my face?
In subscission procedure for acne scars does the surgeon insert needle on one particular scar or separately inserts needle to every scar. I have many scars on my face and does this procedure cause pigmentation on treated areas?
The skin is the first organ, which shows the signs of ageing. Whether it is wrinkles or stretch marks the first signs will be shown on the skin. Stretch marks are not only the cause of ageing, but also form due to obesity, sudden increase in height, sudden weight loss or gain, etc. You might often think of how to get rid of these marks as they aren't attractive and make the skin look old.
Here are a few ayurvedic remedies to get rid of stretch marks:
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a wonderful type of cleanser and moisturizer. Olive oil cures the damaged collagen of the skin. It also helps to increase the blood flow to the surface of the skin.
- Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter can be used as a moisturizer. It helps to improve the elasticity of the skin. By hydrating the skin, it also improves the appearance of the skin. Besides cocoa butter, you can also use almond oil, vitamin E oil and lavender oil.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe Vera has a variety of uses for the body. In the case of stretch marks, aloe vera gel helps lighten the stretch marks. This will eventually result in complete disappearance of the stretch marks.
- Sesame oil: Mix Sesame oil with pure olive and almond oil and massage it gently over stretch marks area, this will help lighten the marks on skin.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood helps the skin to cool down. It also improves the elasticity of the skin.
- Potato Juice: Potato juice contains a lot of antioxidants, which help to soothe the skin and remove stretch marks.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa has a huge amount of vitamin K, vitamin E and amino acids. These help in curing damaged collagen in the skin which is the prime cause of stretch marks.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production. It also helps the damaged tissues regain their original shape. It also helps the skin to return to its original position after suffering from stretching.
Apart from the above mentioned oils, regular yoga asanas, stretching exercises, nutritious diet, and a wholesome meal is a must for your skin nourishment.