Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi ShankarYour feedback matters!
How can cervical spondylitis be cured? what is its medication? can I workout in gym like any normal person?
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief what should I do now?
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
- You will experience pain even while resting
- There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
- You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
- The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
- You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
- Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
- Lifting heavy things
- Exercising without a proper warm up routine
- Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
- Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
- Not stretching properly
- Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
- Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
- Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
- Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
- Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I am 22 and I am get lower back pain and therr is sound coming in my kney when ever I sit and get up on chair, and when I start to walk also I get pain( if I walk for 1/2 mile only it starts). When I asked to arvidic doc they said l5 and l6 as sleped. The treatment which he gave was 50/ relaxing. But now I am get pain again
The first symptoms are the symptoms of inflammation which are redness, swollen joints warm to touch, loss of joint function, stiffness and the most unbearable symptom the joint pain.
The main reasons for inflammations are the toxins and other waste products present in the metabolic system.
In order to get rid of them we need to cleanse our body and the best way for us to do this is by using herbs from the nature.
The following herbs will help you a lot to reveal joint pain:
1. Burdock Root
The essential fatty acids are known as best thing for joint pain. You can consume them by consuming Burdock root. They are full with fatty oils.
The anti inflammatory properties of this herb will calm the inflammation which will reduce the pain.
You can combine this herb with food, or you can dry the rood and put it in boiling water and leave it like that for about 10 minutes. Strain and rinse it while is warm.
If you want to make things simple you can always take it in a form of capsule.
This herb is very good when you have any kind of inflammation, it will help you to reduce the pain really quickly.
It’s a god substitution for the pills doctors prescribe to people when they have joint pain.
You can use it in milk and in your food.
Ginger is one more herb in the row of herbs that help when you have some kind of inflammation, but the difference is that it also contains anti rheumatic agent.
It functions in that way that blocks the activation of COX2 and TNF – the inflammatory mediators.
You can use it with your food, or can have it in tea.
Fats from animal sources are one of the reasons for inflammations for people with arthritis.
The omega3 in vegan form that are part from the flax are great for fighting this type of inflammation.
All you should do is to consume ½-1 tablespoons each day.
Be aware that boiling or cooking might damage the Omega3.
And if you suffer from irritable condition consuming seed can make the condition worse so in such a case consume only the oil.