Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Raj GaYour feedback matters!
I've Excessive saliva (Laar) in mouth after sleeping or drinking/eating from last August 2013-Present. While drinking water or taking food or after sleeping my mouth get full with saliva and it stink/fuggy too. I was suffering from gastric problem but from November 2017 it no more, but the condition of Excessive creation of saliva is same. Please help me out.
His teeth is starting paining after eating less cold things also what can he do for curing it is there any way to cure it if yes then please tell me I will help him with it.
I am suffering from submicos fibrosis. Not able to open mouth properly. Is there any medicine for the same? Please advise.
I have dental problem there is an gap between my teeth why this happen how to get rid of this between my age is 20 only kindly help me.
I am suffering from Oral lichen planus for 6 months. Can eat and drink hot? Can eat medium spicy food? Please advice. Some doctor have suggested it will cure itself.Please suggest
Since a few months I am suffering from a serious tooth pain in my left side of my mouth. I cannot drink anything cold because of this problem. And let me make this clear that I had no dental issues in the past. But still I cannot use my left side tooth for drinking cold items, right now Iam using only my right side. But it is a bit difficult doing this. Can you help me how to get rid of this?
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.