Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Raj Ga
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Raj GaYour feedback matters!
Sir mere teeth thoda bahr nikla he itna ki hsne pr vo accha nhi dikhta aur kuch jyada bahr a jata he jo ki accha nhi lgta. Use andr krne k lie kya kre.
My front teeth are yellowish. I don't like it. I want it to be white. Please suggest me so that it will be white and there will be no effect on strength of teeth.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"
The most common question that I receive these days on a social media page, an email, a phone call or even from patients I meet at a party is not what dental implants are but rather what do they cost?
It’s the most common assumption that both dentists and patients make that they already know what dental implants are and what they entail. The entire class on the types, benefits, indications, implications of dental implants was somehow missed and all we have is myths that are widely believed without scientific basis and customizing to your own case. This is exactly why when one hears a cost attached to this procedure they have no basis to rationalize this as cheap or expensive other than the last quote they heard or saw online.
Would you decide your cardiac or neuro surgeon on the basis of his or her rate card? Deciding your dental implant procedure and specialist based on this arbitrary figure can be extremely dangerous.
Here’s a quick guide to factors to decide for yourself what your dental implants must cost –educate and empower yourself
#1 Implant type –origin & make
The key decision in the choice of your implant is the company, design and origin of your implant.
As most products the American & European implants from global companies will be expensive for the quality and standards they represent. This is not to say that local makes are not effective but paying for something that is globally approved and available is well worth the cost.
It maybe a good practice to ask your surgeon for the research that supports why the implant they’re using is the best.
The type of design and material of the implant also determines cost-for example tooth colored zirconia implants are more expensive than the standard titanium ones.
Even your dental surgeon is limited by the type of support he receives from the implant company so choose and pay wisely based on this key factor.
#2 Skill & qualifications of your surgeon
Once you have a great implant the person placing it for you must have the right hands for placing it.
- Qualifications: When researching your dentist check his qualifications like a specialization in surgery or prosthodontics (science of replacing missing teeth) or even a specialized international degree in implants.
- Previous cases : You can ask your dentist for any photographs they may have done and how they turned out.
- Feedback: Read some testimonials of previous patients or ask for references
- Skill & Experience: while this is less apparent to judge the above points will prove this
- #3 The type of dental practice
Do your research and choose a practice that is geared towards surgery and they have the necessary infrastructure and training to manage emergencies with adeqaute experience.
Another important factor is how humane they are in their approach how comfortable they can make you and how painless their approach to dentistry is be it a simple cleaning or a full mouth implant surgery.
#4 The complication of your case –your medical & dental history
If you have multiple teeth that you lost years ago and are now well into your middle or senior years with a few lifestyle diseases like diabetes or bone density issues understand that your complication level is higher than a 20 year old who needs to replace one missing tooth they lost a few months ago.
The cost attached to complications must be understood and most cases will require prior preparation before implants can be placed
Make sure your final choice of dentist and practice is someone who is accessible and approachable to you even minutes or years after your surgery and not someone who just wants to make a quick buck. Ask them about follow ups.
A common occurrence we see is patients getting implants of companies that they have no idea of this can pose a problem if something comes loose or breaks you need to know what you have in your mouth and that must have enough global reach and presence so if you were to relocate or travel you could still be treated anywhere in the world.
I use to consume pan masala from so long and now my jaw teeths are all red and yellow. I want to get rid of them please suggest.
What is the normal cost of scaling? Does polishing and bleaching is necessary after scaling and what is the full cost of all process?
Homeopathy regards the individual overall. It implies that homeopathic treatment concentrates on the patient as a man and in addition his obsessive condition. The homeopathic remedies for toothache are chosen after a complete individual examination and case-investigation, which incorporates the therapeutic history of the patient, physical and mental constitution and so forth.
A miasmatic tendency (inclination/powerlessness) is frequently considered for the treatment of constant conditions. The homeopathic remedies for toothache given underneath demonstrate the therapeutic affinity yet this is not an entire and clear manual for the treatment of this condition.
The symptoms recorded against every remedy may not be specifically identified with this sickness in light of the fact that in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional signs are additionally considered for selecting a remedy. To concentrate any of the accompanying remedies in more detail, please visit our Materia Medica area. None of these homeopathic remedies for toothache ought to be taken without expert exhortation.
Homeopathic Remedies for Toothache
- Mercurius: Mercurius is presumably more frequently demonstrated homeopathic remedy for toothache than other remedies. It is prescribed in case of extraordinary throbbing toothache because of excited dentine, which is more awful during the evening and in moist climate. The teeth feel stretched and sore, and this soreness influences the entire of the jaw and confront and is more awful from warmth, fairly soothed by delicate rubbing of the face.
- Chamomilla: This is an amazing homeopathy remedy for toothache particularly in case of intolerable toothache influencing an entire column of teeth happening in paroxysms, with agonies transmitting to ears.
- Belladonna: It is prescribed when a person has toothache from aggravation of dental pulp. A person in agony of blazing and throbbing pain, which is more regrettable around evening time, more terrible on contact, as is biting in nature.
- Coffea: This homeopathic remedy will frequently expel the most serious torments of toothache, which nearly drive the patient unhinged. It is a stinging, snapping, irregular agony, more regrettable while biting, more awful from warm drink and altogether eased for a period by holding icy water in the mouth, returning when the water turns out to be warm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.