Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi PrakashYour feedback matters!
I have oily face and from recent days some red rashes are coming on my face. So what is the cure and medicine for this problem. Please suggest any remedy.
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising.
Sometime Blood come with stool. I Meet with local Doctor and say its a "Pails' My age is 36. Almost One year do not rich or spicy food but stay this problem near about 2.5 year and I have anemic type body. So please some help how to solv this problem without operation.
I am 20 year old male. The skin of my thighs (near private part) has become blackish and there is lots of itching. please tell me some medicine. Or what shout I do as it causes lots of discomfort. Itching is so much that some time blood also come out from skin due to rubbing.
My skin color on face is getting darker from last few years. Earlier it was not so dark. Earlier I had some pimples too with white substance type coming out from it. But now pimples are not there but yes some marks are still there. The forehead color is very dark. I have used homeopathy and some allopathy treatment too. Currently I am using kojic cream in night and lotus sun screen SPF 30. Please suggest how to brighten my skin color. Is it due to hyperpigmentation.
I am having something like blackheads under my nose and sides. And skin becomes darker in sunlight .since 2 3 months.
Respected sir/mam can anyone tell me how to get model like face I mean how to take care of our skin like a celebrity and how to get a healthy and fair skin.
I have some rashes problem. I am consulting 2 or 4 doctors of skin specialist but nothing happened into this please help.
Mere face ki skin oily hai and face par black dots he skin age bhi jyada dikai deti he face par wrinkle bhi he me kya karu in ko clear karne ke liye.
I had anal intercourse some weeks back. Some day back I was washing my anal after completing my morning washroom I feel like there are some pea like muscles grown up near my anal area. Or you can as upon anal. It makes pain. And when the waste discharges in washroom. It hurts. I do not know what to do. And makes me embarrassing to discuss. please provide some favourable and Easy Treatment for this to get it cured. please provide medicine names available in chemist stores please reply. Thanking you.
When selecting a sunscreen, make sure the label says:
- Broad spectrum: the words 'broad spectrum' means that the sunscreen can protect your skin from both types of harmful UV rays - the uva rays and the UVB rays.
- Spf 30 or higher: the aadmerican academy of dermatology recommends that you select a sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher.
- Water resistant: dermatologists also recommend that you look for the words 'water resistant.' this tells you that the sunscreen will stay on the wet or sweaty skin for a while before you need to reapply. Water resistance lasts either 40 or 80 minutes. Not all sunscreens offer water resistance.