Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Kumar V N
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Kumar V NYour feedback matters!
Nice good Dactor
I am 25 years old male I used to do mastrabasation weekly 4times. Will it damage my future with my life?
I am 42 Male and seems healthy since not visited any doctor in the last decade. It s almost a traditional way of living I feel sleepy most of the times. My eyes are screwing up and feeling uneasy or sleepy after settling at office chair (during the day hours ). It happens even I hadn't had full meal or no meal, had good sleep at earlier nights, had no physical strains, kind of What needs to be done?
I have lot of mucus in chest, which irritates me a lot, I am unable to work properly, will anyone suggest me best medicine for me which can reduce mucus from my chest.
Hello doctors am 23 years I feel I need to sleep well but when I try to sleep I can not I keep trying but I end up sleeping only 5 or 6 hrs I can not sleep more then that I try but nothing and am still tired. What should I do?
Hi mam/sir I am 2 month permanent 3rd month just start . And today I feel fever and cold ply tell me what to do.
My mother's age is 40 years and I hv a diabetes. I have checked my sugar level and found 277 before meal and 573. How she overcome it.
I am suffering pcod from last 2 years doctors on told to reduce weight and my period are stopped please help to get regular normal periods .now.
Last July I had an operation for right testicular torsion and had it corrected successfully. Recently I had some rigorous activities. It started with ache in inner thighs, and then I felt a dull ache in my testicles, so I had visited a urologist and had done a USG for testes and it found out that it was not torsion. The impression was "Subcentimetric right epididymis cyst and Grade 1 left varicocele" I cudnt visit the doctor after the scan due to some issues. Now the pain is gone but I have bloating or swelling of both sides of the lower abdomen. I also find that most varicocele need not be treated. Is it true? Could you please give me any hint as to what I should do or what this could be? Thanks in advance.
Obesity is the new-age lifestyle disease with multiple ramifications. While its effects on the physical aspects are very evident, the damage it does to the brain are more severe, though not obvious. Read on to know some harmful effects of obesity on the emotional well-being.
- Leads to binge eating: There is a certain pleasure in eating sugary and fatty food, and this is lost with depression. Therefore, to get that emotional satisfaction, people tend to eat more chocolates, cookies, milkshakes, and other weight-accumulating food items, which further add to obesity. Greater the weight gained by a person, lesser the response or happiness from such food products.
- Increases impulsivity: The area of the brain known as orbitofrontal cortex, which is in charge of controlling impulsivity, shrinks in obese people. This results in people eating more impulsively.
- Affects immunity: Obesity is a major cause of inflammation, leading to damage in certain parts of the brain. This impairs the immune system, making the affected person more prone to infections and tissue damage. This leads to increased chances of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleeping disorders, eating disorders, etc. The chemical known as C-reactive protein increases as seen on MRIs in obese people, and which is usually seen in patients with chronically increased inflammation.
- Effects on memory: As the BMI increases, there is a decrease in scores of memory tests. This effect is more obvious in women after menopause. With increased fat accumulation, more hormones are released, which affects the memory. Increased inflammation also affects cognition and memory.
- Increased risk of dementia: With more belly fat accumulating, there is extra stress on the body to burn the visceral fat. This reduces brain size and causes certain hormones to release, which further affects the body’s ability to remember things. It has been proven that people with smaller brain size are at greater risk for developing dementia.
- Weight loss stress adding to more stress: When obesity sets in and the BMI goes up, there is an added pressure to lose weight, which further ups the stress levels. During these dieting days, the brain is constantly alert and finds ways to eat more. This also leads to excess eating. Moreover, there are indications that there could be genetic changes during this phase, which may leave a permanent mark in the person’s composition.
- Depression: When a person is not happy with their reflection in the mirror, the chances of feeling good and happy are very less. In this age, where aesthetics plays a major morale booster, an obese image staring back does not help at all.
So, if you have a risk of obesity, watch out. It is not just how you look, but how you feel is also altered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.