Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Hello Sir, I am 30 years old, I have an eyes squint problem from childhood. I have treated my eyes and operate two years ago, but I think still the problem there in my eyes. Please suggest me what should I do. I feel shame when I look someone.
I have a red eye for a quite a long period now, its was just paining in the first few days but nw paining has stopped.
I have allergy from 4-5 months. My eyes and lips got swelled and itching my all over body. Fed up of these type of allergy. Can you help me?
I am wearing glasses my eye power was -2.5 .but after 6 month my eye power is -3.5. How I will increase my eye power.
On of my eyes is smaller than the other. It's not a big difference but I can easily notice it. Do I have some kind of disease?
I am 28 year old male. I used to wear specs -2 for both eyes for 5 years. I had operation 2 years back and my eyes is good now. But under eye swelling and marks still there. It looks bad. However I still use anti-glare specs for computer work in office. How to remove this swelling?
I have eyes problem since a week ago. How to I can solve this problem. Please help me. I have ear problem also. How can I relief to these problems.
I am not able to sleep properly at night times, my age is 24, the person who sleeps beside me snores hardly, when ever I see him it self, oh my god today I am gonna die. Can you please help me in getting rod this. Thank you.
I am 30 years old. I am suffering from cataract but I don't want to make operation. Any alternate of this.
I am 18 years old sir my eye sight is weak -1 I can not see far images clear is there any aloepathic or aurvedic medicines for improving eyesight or any yoga exercise?
I have a hamarage in my right sided in mobile vitroes so how should I improve my eye's vision I am 19 year old.
I have diplopiya vision and my MRI result shows ischemic changes of small vessels of brain. I have history of high blood sugar from last 4years. What I do?
Hello, mai jab bhi eyes band karke khada hota hu to aisa feel hota hai jaise sir ghum raha hai dizziness feel hoti hai. Pls help.
What if the mobile has the features of reading mode on which turns screen yellowish which feels better to eyes.
Iam getting stomach ache since from two weeks and my eyes are becoming red and vomiting are becoming I can not bare the stomach ache what should I do.
Exam time are going! I am building up a lot of pressure and hence I feel weak many times. My eyes start paining. Any suggestions.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty