Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
I just want to know that m I pregnant or not? I checked pregnancy after 4 days of ovulation and on device there were 2 lines appear after 15 mint one was dark and other was dim then again I checked pregnancy after 4 days and there were 2 lines appear after 3-4 hours one was dark and another was little dark not dim then my question is Is it positive or negative?
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 37 years old and have irritable bowel syndrome and vaginal discharge also but since these 2 days I am getting severe pain in the legs and back so chronic pain in the knee and the other areas that I feel difficult to walk and while sleeping I feel difficult to change my position or move my body. I am quite tensed and have unbearable pain accompanied by fever. Kindly help.
I'm 29/years old. My last period was on March 30 th and till date I on may 9th I haven't received my periods. I have made pregnant test after 4 days of missed period it was negative. When can I take the test again.
Dear Sir / madam, How to do sex without protection with wife? How to follow calendar method. Once we ejaculate inside the vagina the seven will be there for four days. I got this from article. So if I do in the 7 th day will she get pregnant.
The tailbone (coccyx) is the small bone at the lower end of the spine. A tailbone injury may involve stretched ligaments, bruising, or a broken bone (fracture). Tailbone injuries can be painful, and some may take a long time to heal.
This condition is often caused by falling and landing on the tailbone. Other causes include:
- Repeated strain or friction from actions such as rowing and bicycling.
In some cases, the cause may not be known.
This condition is more common in women than in men.
Symptoms of this condition include:
- Pain in the lower back, especially when sitting.
- Pain or difficulty when standing up from a sitting position.
- Bruising in the tailbone area.
- Painful bowel movements.
- In women, pain during intercourse.
This condition may be diagnosed based on your symptoms and a physical exam. X-rays may be taken if a fracture is suspected. You may also have other tests, such as a CT scan or MRI.
- This condition may be treated with medicines to help relieve your pain. Most tailbone injuries heal on their own in 4–6 weeks. However, recovery time may be longer if the injury involves a fracture.
- Local injection To treat the pain of coccydynia, the patient is placed in the prone position. When the needle is satisfactorily positioned at or near sacrococcygeal junction , a small dose of steroid and local anesthetic is given.The needle is then removed, and a sterile pressure dressing and ice pack are placed at the injection site.
- Ganglion impar block may be used in patients who fail to respond to NSAIDS or local injection.
I am 40 years old and my period is irregular since very beginning, earlier I used to get periods 2 times in a year slowly it shift to once in a year and once in 2 year and now it been long not getting period, if I take medicine then I will get otherwise no, please advise how to regularise my periods and I am unmarried.
You need to take the pill for at least 10 days before one can really expect it to be effective. It has to become a habit.The pill, once started must be taken religiously for at least 21 days, else it will cause an untimely period. But it is the safest, healthiest and best way to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. There is no pill which can be taken after the act to give you 100% protection.
Emergency contraceptives (morning-after pills) are actually high dose hormones. You take 1 or 2, and that's it. It is more convenient an less costly, but it is bound to cause some bleeding within a week, unless the actual period is due shortly. At the same time, it can delay the coming normal period, rousing fears of pregnancy again.
Actually, here neither you nor the doctor can do anything much before 3 weeks. Then if the urine test is negative, one can wait for the delayed cycle to come. And usually it will come within 10-14 days delay. Do the maths now. Were you exposed during the most fertile period? say between 10th and 18th day of a 28 days cycle? if yes, be sure to take emergency pills within 12 hours. And still if you want 100% surely, go to a doctor for copper t insertion the next morning, specially if you have one baby already.
We have married one year ago After continue sex We could not conceive a child My semen analysis and my wife's examination are okay What we do?
Hello. Ek saal phle operation se ek baby hui thi. Uske bad mene precautions use kiye taki me pragnenet na ho jau. But me fir b pragnent ho gai. Meri beti abi bahut choti h.me abi conceive ni karna chahti. Pls suggest me ki me kya kru. Kisi n mujhe bataya tha ki mere ek operation ho chuka h isi wajh se ab kuch ni ho skta. Pls docter suggest me any solution.
I am married. My wife has some problem with getting pregnant. Its been 5 years we have got married. Please advice an appropriate doctor with low budget treatment.
I consumed I pill 5 times in last one year. My menses last only 2 days (first day normal bleeding second day less bleeding) From one year. Before all this my menses was normal. What should I do to cure this?
Marma Chikitsa is a significant aspect of the Ayurvedic treatment. Marmas are specific points on the body where the application of pressure induces the flow of vital energy (prana) along a complex system of subtle channels called (nadis). Healing through marma chikitsa affects the energy flow through the energy meridians or Nadi. These in turn govern the functional and health aspect of every metabolic system in the body. Marma chikitsa pays more attention to the functional aspect, the metabolism rather than organ specific. Ayurveda deeply believes and caters to the holistic health and not disease management, in the treatment of patients.
Unlike acupressure (as is being practiced today), Marma chikitsa does not concentrate on 'organs'. It stimulates the designated metabolic function, mind control, hormonal support and strength points/marma that influences health of the person. Because of its 'spiritual' component it differs from other 'hands on' therapies. Marma can actually alter consciousness, and change one’s awareness. From that place a person can move forward with self care, creativity, and renewed energy
Marma zones of the body
- It takes training, practice and powerful intuition on part of the therapist and doctor to consider the ideal combination of 'marma' for effective treatment.
- Modern medicine looks at heart disease from the focus of heart functions, anatomical structure of the heart.
- Marma Chikitsa (as a part of Ayurveda) looks at the Mind-Body association of the functioning of the heart. Heart functioning depends on Nutrition, mind set, liver strength, natural detoxification, improving blood quality, lifestyle and even the past of the patient to bring about effective treatment. This wholistic attitude, where all aspects of the person are considered is a more complete treatment methodology with lasting results.
We at Health Solutions practice this philosophy and have been able to influence the patient progress where in s/he has made leaps of positive progress in their bodily functions, stamina, performance, peace of mind, over and above the improved functioning of the heart or other specific organs. Patients and others who care for their health can call us with as much information as they can provide on their current health status, what treatment they are currently taking and its impact; their lifestyle (food, temperament, daily schedules) family history.
A detailed treatment schedule is customized for them. Treatment sessions are designed to be most comfortable for the patient. Most of the times, the treatment sessions are repeated every month for as long as the doctor understands necessary for long lasting results.
Mostly, it is FDA approved, clinically proved Ayurvedic medicine based ( Suved and Reimmugen), non-invasive, supported with dietary guidelines, lifestyle changes, nutritional support and targets at building the immunity of the person to lead healthier lives. Marma Chikitsa holistic treatment science and it is going to be the choice of treatment in modern days.
Did you know your body is constantly burning calories, even when you're not working out? And that watching television can actually lower your metabolism?
The body converts fat into energy, to fuel its functions and the calories stored in the body provide us with this energy. The level of fat-burning depends upon the type of activity being done. You burn more calories running around than just working at a desk, like taking stairs instead of lift, walking while taking on phone.
Nonetheless, the body is like a machine which needs an inexhaustible source of energy to run. So even when you’re at rest, you’re still burning calories.
So don't be lazy bumps. Even if you have a desk job or watching tv. Get up at frequent intervals for water break. Gear up. Keep your metabolism going.
1. It has cancer treating properties (anticancer properties).
2. Helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
3. Also reduces bad cholesterol (ldl cholesterol - low density lipoproteins) levels in the blood.
4. Brings down arthritis pain.
5. Found to be effective during dysmennorhea (menstrual pain).
6. It helps in losing weight.
7. It improves blood circulation.
8. It helps in healing stomach ulcers caused by helicobacter pylori.
How to include cinnamon in your daily diet?
- it can be used as a regular spice in your food.
- mix cinnamon powder with your tea, green tea, coffee etc, and have it every morning.
- add cinnamon, jaggery, tulsi leaves, lemon, mint leaves to boiling water, allow the water to cool and then use it as a health drink. Have 2-3 glasses of this health drink per day for best results.