Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant last three months LMP 24/07/17. According to (tvs) ultrasound report baby 7 weeks 0 day by cribs hospital 23/10/17. Doctor ask me baby heartbeat not start according to USG .so doctor ask me for abortion. please help me. I will wait some weeks. What I do.
With the new fad to eat fatfree foods and remain healthy, the intent is to completely avoid fat. However, it is to be noted that fat is essential for various normal body functions, starting from proper brain functioning to hormone formation. What needs to be avoided is the unhealthy bad fat. Fat contains fatty acids, which are of two types-saturated and unsaturated. When heated, the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) react with the oxygen in the environment and get damaged. These are to be avoided. The saturated fatty acids are relatively strong and do not oxidize or create damage. So, the next time you pick up oils, this is what you need to look at.
The good thing about olive oils is that it mostly contains monosaturated fatty acids (MSFA), which does not oxidize even at high temperatures (almost 180 degree Celsius).Another study showed that with deep frying using olive oil, it takes about 25 hours to produce the same damage as other cooking oils. Olive oil is produced by crushing olives.It can be refined or unrefined based on the amount of free oleic acid (lesser in the unrefined version).The unrefined form is the purer form, which is also known as extra-virgin olive oil. It has the aroma and flavor of olives and characteristic bitter taste.
What it contains: A can of 100 g of olive oil contains the following. Note the high content of monosaturated fat is present, which is highly healthy.
- Monounsaturated Fat: About 70%
- Saturated fat:About 13%
- Omega-6:About 10%
- Omega-3:About 1%
- Vitamin E:72% of the RDA.
- Vitamin K:75% of the RDA.
Some of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil are listed below:
- Anti-inflammatory: Heart disease, cancers, diabetes, Alzheimer's are all chronic inflammatory conditions and using olive oil for prolonged periods can reduce the onset and severity of these conditions. The oleic acid acts against the C-reactive protein responsible for spreading inflammation.
- Antioxidants: The ingredients in olive oil including the anti-inflammatory oleocanthal and oleuropein are known for their antioxidant properties.The latter is what prevents oxidation of olive oil when heated. These have powerful health benefits and can help fight severe diseases.
- Cardio-friendly: There are various ways in which olive oil helps the heart, some of them being reduced inflammation, preventing blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, improving blood vessel lining, and improves LDL levels.
- Cancer: With its oxidative properties, it reduces the amount of free radicals in the body, thereby reducing cancer.
- Brain function: Olive oil also reduces cognitive functioning and reduces formation of beta amyloid which is seen in Alzheimer's disease.
The Mediterranean diet is rich in olive oil and they have inherited these health benefits over centuries.
Hi I have concern as I get my periods on 4 december than after that I had unprotected sex on 8 december then I took unwanted 72 with in 12 hrs and after that again on 9 we had unprotected sex and leave his sperm inside but that time I did not took unwanted 72 because I just had it 5-6 hrs before. And after that today I am getting bleeding as there is not even my periods date please help me out. What should I do now am I pregnant?
I am 8 week pregnant but now I am hard leg pain and body fully week what I do any solutions for that's.
My wife, 42 years had periods 7 to 10 days before expected dates for last two years. But for this month it is late by two weeks today and she says no symptoms for the period to come. So 3 days back we consulted a gynec and doctor physically checked and informed that overy is normal, but little thickness on the wall is noticed. We have two kids, 18 year old son.
Spondyloarthritis (also known as spondyloarthropathy) is the term which describes the connective tissue diseases. It is the group of inflammatory diseases, including arthritis of the peripheral joints and spine (sacroiliitis or spondylitis); including the area where ligaments and tendons attach to bones (enthesitis or enthesopathy). These diseases cause pain or stiffness in the leg or arm joints, spine, ligaments and tendons become inflamed. Skin rashes, eye, and intestinal problems may also be able to occur.￼
- Spondyloarthritis is a pathology that specifically strikes young people. The symptoms most frequently start before the age of 45. It affects more males than females.
- Predisposition to spondyloarthritis, especially spa, is determined largely by genetic factors.
- The incidence rate is higher in populations with a higher prevalence of hla-b27.
- Psoriatic skin lesions and colitis due to inflammatory bowel disease (ibd) have been considered as both basic, subtype-defining entities with their own genetic background (distinct from hla-b27 genotype), and as manifestations of spondyloarthritis.
- There is a strong need to diagnose patients with spa in an earlier stage; currently, there is a delay of 5–10 years between onset of the first symptoms and diagnosis.
There are five types of spondyloarthritis
Ankylosing spondylitis or bechterew disease: it is the type of arthritis that affects the spine. Symptoms include pain and stiffness in the lower back and in the neck. Spine bones fuse together and it will become rigid spine and it leads to stoope over posture.
￼Psoriatic arthritis: psoriatic arthritis is the form of arthritis that affects the people who have psoriasis. Most people diagnosed with psoriasis and later diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. It may affect any part of the body such as fingertips and spine. The main symptoms are joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Reactive arthritis: it occurs due to the infection by certain bacteria. Often the bacteria’s from genitals (chlamydia trachomatis) or bowel (campylobacter, salmonella, shigella, and yersinia). It usually targets your knees and joints of ankles or feet.
Undifferentiated arthritis: undifferentiated inflammatory arthritis does not conform to any of the recognized inflammatory arthritis types. It may include monoarthritis of a single joint; oligoarthritis, which is usually when four or fewer joints are involved; or polyarthritis, which usually involves many small joints.
Risk factors may be higher due to following reasons:
- Family member having the gene which causes spondyloarthritis
- Positive results for the hla-b27 gene
- Recurring bacterial infection in your gut
- Have other inflammatory conditions such as psoriasis or inflammatory bowel disease
- The main cause is not known, but researchers pointed out that the hereditary genetics playing an important role in this disease. Since this disease occurs often in family members of patients who have spondyloarthritis.
- Many genes cause it. Up to 30 genes have been found. But the major gene that causes spondyloarthritis is hla-b27.
- Bacterial infections can also cause reactive spondyloarthritis known to be triggered by a bacteria chlamydia or food borne infections.
Symptoms and complications of spondyloarthritis
The first and major symptoms of all types of spondyloarthritis are severe low back pain, swelling of arms, stiffness, and fatigue. The different types of spondyloarthritis can be manifested by the following signs and symptoms.
- Alternative or unilateral buttock pain
- Arthritis in small joints
- Arthritis in large joints such as knee joint, ankle joint and elbow joint (peripheral arthritis)
- Numbness and tingling sensation in arms and legs
- Spinal fusion may occur in ankylosing spondylitis
- Inflammation at the interfaces between bone and tendon or ligament of limbs (enthesitis)
- Inflammation of intestine, urinary tract and aortic heart valves. These can lead to spinal joints inflammation.
- Inflammation of joints in pelvis and spine (sacroiliitis)
- Enteropathic arthritis shows symptoms such as diarrhea and abdominal pain
- Digestive problems
- Skin disease like psoriasis
- Redness of eye (iritis)
- Swollen fingers and
- Pain in the heels cause difficult to walk, stand even for small duration
Diagnosis and testing
First a doctor may ask for patient’s medical history, physical exam and may suspects for symptoms of spondyloarthritis. To confirm doctor may perform the following diagnosis and tests.
- X-rays: x-ray images shows the change of the sacroiliac joints in the pelvis and fusion of spine. If these changes not observed, but symptoms shows spondyloarthritis doctor will suggest mri scan. Mri shows these changes more promptly than the x-ray.
- Mri scans: it can show a very clear image of enthesitis and also the changes of sacroiliac joints.
- Ct scans: ct also used for the imaging of bone joints.
- Hla-b27: most patients with spondyloarthritis have hla-b27 gene, but some people don’t have this gene. So it is necessary to go for a hla-b27 test if the symptoms suspects spondyloarthritis.
- Complete blood count (cbc): cbc can be useful to find the inflammation.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound scanning: ultrasound imaging uses sound waves to produce the images of inflammatory conditions of muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (dexa) scans: used for measuring the bone mineral density usually the bones of the lower spine and hips. Bone loss is measured through this technique.
Treatment of spondyloarthritis.
- There is no way to cure this disease condition, but there are treatments to counterparts the symptoms.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: certain nsaid’s like naproxen, ibuprofen, meloxicam, or indomethacin are prescribed by doctors to relief from the pain due to symptoms.
- Corticosteroid medication: inflammation around the tendons and in the joints can be overcome by taking some corticosteroid drugs. This helps to reduce the swelling in the joints.
- Antibiotics: antibiotics can be used in the case of reactive spondyloarthritis in which bacteria cause the major problems.
- Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (dmard’s): sulfasalazine (azulfidine) and methotrexate are the best dmard’s to be used for the joint damages in limbs affected by arthritis.
- Tumor necrosis alpha (tnf-alpha) blockers: fda approved tnab are adalimumab (humira), adalimumab-atto (amjevita), a biosimilar to humira, certolizumab pegol (cimzia), etanercept (enbrel), etanercept-szzs (ereizi), a biosimilar to enbrel, golimumab (simponi), infliximab (remicade), infliximab-dyyb (inflectra), a biosimilar to remicade, and secukinimab (cosentyx). These are biosimilars used to treat arthritis in spine joints.
- Surgery: patients with over inflammation of pelvis joints needs hip replacement. In the case of heavy damage in the cartilage of joints needs surgery to repair. In some rare cases, spinal surgery also needed.
Prevention and control measures
- Prevention from spondyloarthritis needed some lifestyle changes as follows.
- Quit smoking: smoking speeds up the spinal fusion in addition to other bad health effects.
- Follow good posture: practicing a proper sitting and posture makes your spine to escape from growing into slumped-over position and strain.
- Daily physical exercise: frequent home exercise and physiotherapy is essential to reduce the stiffening of spine and other joint problems. It also helps to have your heart healthy.
- Good diet: follow the diets that are rich in calcium. Dairy products are preferred foe calcium rich foods.
I lost my virginity and had unprotected sex two days ago, and I took an ecp within 7 hours. I had my last period almost 1.5 month ago. I am having brown discharge since the day and also abdominal cramps. Now I am bleeding. Is this false period due to ecp? Please help me. I had a negative pregnancy test result today morning. Am I still pregnant? What do I do?
I am 27 year old and married and we are trying to plan a baby we had tried from last 3 times but it is not happening since we are trying on best fertility days as well can you please suggest Ways and tips to get conceive soon. Amit Tripathi.
Hi. For a few days , when I wipe, theirs blood coming from my private area (not a lot just a few streaks of blood on the tissue). I believe I had a uti or yeast infection earlier this week as well. My period is due in a few days. But theirs still blood when I wipe my private area. I've never had this happen. What could it be?
फिटकरी एक रासायनिक यौगिक (हाइड्रेटेड पोटेशियम एल्यूमीनियम सल्फेट) है जो संरचना में क्रिस्टल जैसा दिखता है। अपने स्वाभाविक रूप से होने वाली अवस्था में, 2,000 से अधिक वर्षों तक इस पदार्थ का उपयोग विभिन्न प्रकार के अनुप्रयोगों में किया गया है। फिटकरी जल शोधन, आफ़्टरशेव उपचार और बुराई के प्रभावों को रोकने के लिए जाना जाता है। फिटकरी के पाउडर का इस्तेमाल विभिन्न प्रकार के अनुप्रयोगों में किया जाता है जैसे डीओडरन्ट और अचार तैयार करना, क्योंकि यह बैक्टीरियल वृद्धि को बाधित करने में सक्षम है। फिटकरी के पाउडर का उपयोग चमड़े के कमानों, रंगाई, बेकिंग पाउडर और अग्निरोधी वस्त्रों में भी किया जाता है।
फिटकरी का लाभ
आप मुँहासे और मांसपेशियों में ऐंठन सहित स्वास्थ्य स्थितियों की विस्तृत श्रृंखला को हल करने के लिए फिटकरी का उपयोग कर सकते हैं।
1. नासूर घावों के लिए: आम तौर पर नासूर के घावों के लिए, फिटकरी का एक छोटा टुकड़ा पाउडर कर के, एक चुटकी नासूर की पीड़ा के भीतर दबाया जाता है। मुँह के छाले के लिए, आप इसको उबलते पानी मे डालकारर इसका माउथवॉश भी बना सकते है।
2. शेविंग के लिए: फिटकरी का उपयोग सदियों से एक आफ़्टरशेव के रूप में किया गया है। शेविंग के बाद, कुछ सेकंड के लिए गीला चेहरे पर थोड़ा सा फिटकरी रगड़ें।
3. पैरों के दाद के लिए: फिटकरी पाउडर शायद पैरों के दाद से निपटने के लिए सबसे अच्छा घरेलू उपाय है। गर्म पानी में 2-3 चम्मच फिटकरी पाउडर शामिल करें और लगभग 20 मिनट तक अपने पैरों को इसमें डाल लें। पैरों के दाद को तेजी से कम करने के लिए इससे रोजाना करें।
4. मुँहासे के लिए: फिटकरी का उपयोग मुंह के निशान, मुँहासे निशान, मुँहासे और मुँहासे उपचार के लिए व्यापक रूप से किया जाता है। फिटकरी पाउडर को पानी के साथ मिलाकर मुँहासे पर लागू करें। इसे 20 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और चेहरे को साफ पानी से धो लें।
5. बालों को हटाने के लिए: प्राचीन युग में महिलाएं ऊपरी होंठ बाल जैसे अवांछित चेहरे के बाल को हटाने के लिए फिटकरी का उपयोग करती हैं। वैक्सिंग या बालों को काटने के बाद गुलाब के पानी के साथ फिटकरी पाउडर का मिश्रण लगाने से बालों का विकास धीमा हो सकता है।
6. काले घेरे और ब्लैकहैड्स के लिए: फिटकरी से बना फेस पैक ब्लैकहैड्स को हटाने और काले घेरे का इलाज करने के लिए बहुत अच्छा काम करता है।
7. रूसी और जूँ के लिए: रूसी को कम करने और खुजली वाली खोपड़ी का इलाज करने के लिए, स्नान करने के दौरान, शैम्पू में फिटकरी पाउडर और नमक की एक चुटकी मिलाएं।
8. एक डिओडोरेंट के रूप में: फिटकरी एंटीसेप्टिक और जीवाणुरोधी गुणों के कारण एक डिओडोरेंट के रूप में अद्भुत है। केवल एक ध्यान रखने की बात यह है कि इसे दैनिक उपयोग नहीं किया जाना चाहिए।
9. मामूली रक्तस्राव के लिए: फिटकरी का इस्तेमाल मामूली घाव और खरोंच के कारण छोटे रक्तस्राव के इलाज के लिए किया जाता है। घाव पर फिटकरी पाउडर छिड़कने से रक्तस्राव को रोकने में मदद मिल सकती है।
10. पेचिश के लिए: शोधकर्ता का का कहना है कि फिटकरी जड़ पेचिश के प्रबंधन में मदद कर सकती है।
फिटकरी बहुत सस्ता भी है, तो विभिन्न प्रकार की बीमारियों के उपचार के लिए फिटकरी का एक ब्लॉक घर पर रखने का प्रयास करें!
Hi sir/mam Hamari Sadi ko 5 saal hogaye he muje ek 4 saal ka ladka hai. Uske janam ke bad Meri biwi ne 3 bar abortion ke liye khane wali dawai Kai thi wo abhi fir se pregnant ho gayi he 7 din huve he abhi filhal hame bacha nahi chahiye to Kya wo dawai ka use kar sakti he?
My wife is pregnant for 2 month and she is facing problem back bone problem. Her medicine continue from well know Dr. Now problem is Dr. done MRI during pregnancy is this is harmful of her any Dr. Please help. My wife is in tension after some Dr. told its harmful.
During my periods I got severe pain but pain started in 3 or 4 days. Earlier I consulted a doctor and he gave me 1 month medicine course after that for 6 month I got relief but now again I started paining. Please give me some advice. Can it create any problem in future?
I lost my pregnancy 6before madam now Im trying to conceive but period r irregular Howto get period in time n how to get pregnant fast?
I am 42 years old woman. I am having irregular periods from last 2 months. It comes after alternative months. My fsh is 8. 32miu/ml. Lh is 1. 98miu/mi. & 0. 19ng/ml. I don' t have thyroid or obesity problem. I have an eleven years old daughter. Is this a sing of menopause? how can it be regular?
- Doctors have found the use of pain relievers to treat respiratory infections like cold flu may increase the risk of heart attack.
- For the study, researchers analyzed insurance claims from taiwan's national health insurance program from 2005 to 2011 with data from roughly 10, 000 patients who were hospitalized for a heart attack.
- The purpose of the study was to assess whether cardiac risk factors from an acute respiratory infection and the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, pain relievers combine to further increase the risk of heart attack.