Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
I am having black spots on face and its getting dark day by day . And after masturbating it's more dark .
Can any one suggest me a good anti aging day and night cream for daily use for wrinkles fine lines dark spots acne scars dark circles is olay total effects 7 in 1 good or some other please suggest.
My 4 years old niece has white patches on leg, neck and very tiny patch on eye. So what shall I do please suggest. I am very tensed.
I have combination of dry and oily skin with pimples and black spot I want normal skin with natural glowing what I should to do.
I am 20 years old and I have black spots on my face I am trying to remove them by applying several packs they are not going can you suggest me a cream or home remedy to get ride of that problem.
I am having patch mark on my leg ankle from past 5 years, it looks some kind of exima, I am using Ultra vex 6%, but it is still same, even it is not grow up, can it be possible to to remove through any surgical procedure.
Dermal or skin fillers are natural or synthetic substances that are used to make a particular area on the face look plump, in other words 'fill' the skin produce younger looking, firmer, plumper skin. Usually used as injections, they plump up the skin just enough to make the wrinkle or the fine lines disappear. While Botox is also used as an injection, its intended use and area of use is different from fillers. Botox is most often used in the outer corners of the eyes and around the forehead.
Fillers are used in other areas mentioned below:
- The laugh lines or the nasolabial folds, lines that run from the nose to the mouth. Fillers can help smooth out the creases and add volume to this area.
- It can make the cheeks look fuller and provide a youthful appearance. Especially in the lower cheek areas, the fat pads shift constantly giving a hollowed out appearance. Fillers can be used in this area to produce younger appearance with fuller cheeks
- The undereye area, where there are depressions or hollows can produce a sagging, elderly look. Fillers used here can improve the appearance markedly
- Even out scars resulting from chicken pox or chronic acne
- Even out irregularities due to shifting fat pads, especially in the temple area or the lower cheek areas.
- Adding volume to thin lips, which again can make one appear old and aged
- Smoothing out vertical lines around the lip edges, which again produce an elderly appearance
These are some uses of dermal fillers. As mentioned, they can be natural or synthetic substances.
Natural fillers usually has hyaluronic acid and is usually effective immediately, but last for about 6 months to a year. In some people, subsequent filler injections produce effective results and the interval between injections may continue to increase. If you are
Synthetic ones on the other hand contain collagen or other similar chemicals, but can produce more long-lasting results. They can be semi-permanent or permanent.
When to use fillers: A great skin care regime can help delay the onset of ageing changes and also reduce the severity. However, despite it, after a certain stage, there would definitely be changes arising out of muscle movement, fat loss, chronic sun damage, ageing skin, etc. When these begin to bother you, then dermal fillers are a good option to consider.
However, a detailed discussion with your dermatologist including aspects of both should ensue. From the doctor's end, check for his skills, experience, technique used, testimonials and expenses. Discuss your skin type, risk tolerance, and potential side effects before choosing a treatment option. Once you opt for dermal fillers, the routine skin care with well tested products needs to continue, including aggressive care against sun damage.
Im 19 years old boy my lips are turning black I do not have any bad habit I do not smoke and my lips are not genetically black from 2 weeks 3 week there are turing black give some step to follow to maintain pink lips help me plz.
I have dark patches on my skin.Shown to a skin doctor and she says my skin is sun sensitive and gave me spme creams and medicine But the dark Patches is not going.Please help
I have black marks on my cheeks and swelling on my eyes also too much dark circles what is the remedy please tell me.
Sunscreens help shield you from the dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun in two ways. Some work by scattering the light, reflecting it away from your body. Others absorb the UV rays before they reach your skin.
A few years ago, choosing a good sunscreen meant you just looked for a high sun protection factor (SPF), which rates how well the sunscreen protects against one type of cancer causing UV ray, ultraviolet B (UVB). SPF refers to blockage of UVB rays only.
Research soon showed that ultraviolet A rays (UVA) also increase skin cancer risk. While UVA rays doesn't cause sunburn, they penetrate deeply into skin and cause wrinkles. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that up to 90% of skin changes associated with aging are really caused by a lifetime's exposure to UVA rays.
Whether you are heading out to the beach for relaxing, swimming or you are traveling out on the nature trail for a fun day of hiking, sunscreen should be an important part of your day. Follow the instructions contained in this guide to learn how to choose a sunscreen that is right for you. Clearly, you will want a sunscreen with broad-spectrum or multi-spectrum protection for both UVB and UVA.
Tips for choosing the right sunscreen:
- Broad Spectrum: It means the sunscreen protects against UVB and UVA rays and helps prevent skin cancer and sunburn.
- High UVA protection: Penetration of UV rays of the sun can be easily prevented and thus severe kinds of skin troubles can be eliminated. In this case, the product label needs to be checked so that you can get 100% assurance that your skin will be protected against UV rays for sure.
- Water resistance: Pick a sunscreen, which is Water Resistant (effective for up to 40 minutes in water) or Very Water Resistant (effective for up to 80 minutes in water). This means the sunscreen provides protection while swimming or sweating up to the time listed on the label. Even when using a water resistant sunscreen, you should reapply after getting out of the water or after sweating.
- Medicated Products: Do not go by the local brands rather you must choose only medicated products.
- Daily usage: Using sunscreen on a daily basis is a great necessity. In fact, this is one of the most important steps for getting most productive effects. You can apply the cream, especially before going under direct sun.
- Skin friendliness: The sunscreen should not contain any toxic elements or chemicals, otherwise your skin will get adversely affected. Different kinds of skin damages can occur such as spots, patches skin allergies or infections if you do not choose the right sunscreen apt for your skin.
- Correct application of sunscreen: Apply on exposed areas: You should apply sunscreen, especially on those body parts that usually remain exposed towards sun all the time. If you frequently wear bikinis, then you should include legs, thighs, arms, back, face and other areas.
- Enriched with moisturizers: If the sunscreen is equipped with moisturizers, then your skin will become smoother and soothing effects will be found. Some of the moisturizers consist of organic ingredients that can improve skin quality and texture to a great extent. These moisturizers also provide sufficient nutrients to your skin.
- Frequent application: If you are willing to get best results and utmost protection from UV rays, then nothing can be the right way out other than applying the sunscreen on a frequent basis. After every two-hours, you are advised to apply the sunscreen.
- Wearing sun protection accessories: Apart from applying the sunscreen lotion, you are advised wearing different kinds of useful sun-protection accessories for getting greater protection. Some of the most prominent accessories are sunglasses, long sleeves, umbrella and others.