Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from gas pain since few days so please give me to be best solution for the recovery with in few hours.
I often have mouth ulcers even though I have proper stool and I take proper diet. These ulcers appears in huge numbers and painful.
Meri umra 20 years h, mujhe kabj ki problem h, 3 days, 2 day kvi 2 days latrin hi nhi hota, kya karan ho skta h? please uchhit sujhav de,
I am 30 year old male and have acidity problem from last 3 years my doctor suggest me a endoscopy. What should I do go with doctor or taking swcong opinion.
I had severe abdominal pain since 4 months. My reports of x-ray and ultrasound can not detect anything except 4.9 mm right renal calculi 4 months ago. Five doctors took my pain lightly. But I can not take it for granted because its my life. I can feel my pain daily. I can not lean forward or bend because of pain. I can not walk a little distance. All day long sitting on a chair. No college, no day to day activity. Even I can not bath properly because of pain in large and small intestines. Does CT Enterography can detect my pain? Because I am very afraid of my symptoms and I have a fear of 1) peptic ulcer 2) stomach ulcer 3) deudonum ulcer 4) ulcerative colitis 5) pelvic area pain in men 6) urethral stricture 7) pain in the upper part area of the penis 8) difficulty in urination 9) late urine 10) urine gets stuck 11) frequent urination (16 times a day) 12) difficulty while eating heavily 13) 2/3/4 times potty in the morning. I am 26 years old and suffering Irritable Bowel Syndrome since 1.5 years. I used to lead a very unhealthy college lifestyle with junk, oily, fast foods. No sports at all. Desk job in a cafe and jerk off too much watching porn. Nightfall, early ejaculation, semen leakage while thinking of women. Wake up 10 am, breakfast 11 am, late night sleep. Earlier the 5 doctors prescribed me medicines but no relief at all. And now after 4 months when I done CT enterography, my report is all ok and my 4.9 mm renal calculi is also not found. The doctors said I have anxiety but if I do have anxiety then why would not this pain come into my life earlier. Because 2 year ago I was drop out from university. And in that time I was so much depressed because of my incomplete post graduation. What should I do now? Does I need Endoscopy / colonoscopy? I can not take my pain.
How to cure acidity permanently, as I am facing lots of problem due to this. Please give me solution for the same.
Lateral anal sphincterotomy only give one time healing of anal fissures? Or this surgery helps to prevent fissure occurring in later stage and if still fissures occurs this surgery gives very quick healing than other people who do not do LIS surgery?
I have a regular problem of acidity. It reduces if I take pantadoc. I mean I can eat anything while I am on pantadoc no matter how spicy it will be:). Can I take pantadoc on daily basis? is there any side effects?
I am 33 years old male. I have backache and solderache left side from to to bottom from last 10 years. I have aciditic problem. My mri mentions thay my l5 bone injured. But some doctorss openinon is that I have problem with gastric problem. So give me right suggetion to clear my mind.
Dear Dr. On chest i.e.above heart and below shoulder the pain are generate so wht to do please tell n its becoz acidity problem or something else please tell wht to do?
Muje headache ki problm h. Jab b pet khali ho ya bhara ho gas bnati h or dkare aati h. Jab dkare nhi aati or gas pas nhi hoti to sar me dard ho jata h. Pls suggest kya ye migrain h ya pet ki koi problm.
I am a female. My age is 20. What is the symptom of stomach ulcer. I am having stomach ache very badly
Dr. I have appendix for past 5,6 years so I would like to know what we should eat or do in order to cure.
I am having burning sensation and bloating in stomach after having food & I get acid reflux when I am hungry. Please suggest it this peptic ulcer or something else.
I am having repeatedly a lot of burps without any acid reflux. Some times sounds are produced in stomach. Few days back after having dinner I had vomiting and motion. But after taking eldofer they were controlled but few days later burps started. As I stay away from house I have the problem of burps repeatedly for few days and stops for few days from past one year. Recently again it started .I stay away from home and there is little stress. Please provide a solution. Thanks in advance.
I am 31 years old I have anal fistula for 2+ years. I need treatment withouth operation anyone suggest.
Hi I am 30 year old. Today morning I suffered from gas problem I am unable to breath easily. Please do needful.
One of the most common problems with the gastrointestinal system, peptic ulcers occur when the lining of the stomach - the esophagus or the small intestines, gets damaged. The damage occurs due to the development of sores on the lining which may be due to inflammation caused by certain bacteria, or due to erosion caused by the stomach acids. This can be a very painful disorder and end up severely limiting your life. Peptic ulcers can cause intense abdominal pain, vomiting nausea, indigestion and sudden unexplained weight loss.
The Homeopathic Approach to Curing Peptic Ulcers
The treatment of peptic ulcers in conventional medicine primarily revolves around the treatment of symptoms. The symptoms may be suppressed for some time but eventually come back sooner or later. This results in a vicious cycle where the treatment becomes less and less effective over time. Homeopathy, on the other hand, has an approach of trying to correct the problems from the root and over time, remove the very cause that results in the problem. Some of the things a homeopathic doctor may ask you would include –
- Family history of ulcers
- General health history of the family to determine hereditary health problems
- Physical characteristics
- Psychological tendencies and likes and dislikes among other information
Homeopathy takes into account not just the symptoms but the general constitution of the patient as well. This helps not only cure the ulcers but also the pre disposition to developing it again.
Effective Homeopathic Medications
Some of the most effective homeopathic medications used in the treatment of peptic ulcers are mentioned below. However, you shouldn’t try to self-medicate as it is best to consult with a doctor who can properly diagnose the problems and prescribe medication which are specifically tailored for you.
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the most effective medication in treating ulcers, Argentum Nitricum is usually prescribed when you experience sharp burning pains from peptic ulcers that radiate to different area of the abdomen. The pain is akin to the feeling of gnawing inside the stomach. Other symptoms such as vomiting, belching and nausea may also be present.
- Nux Vomica – If you have peptic ulcers and even eating the slightest amount of food causes pain, then Nux vomica may be a good option and thus be prescribed by your doctor. Another indication in such cases is where the abdominal region is very sensitive and you may feel pain even with the slightest touch. Nux Vomica is also very effective if your peptic ulcer symptoms tend to get worse after the consumption of tea, coffee, spicy foods or alcoholic beverages.
- Kali Bichromicum – Sometimes, peptic ulcers may cause the food in your stomach to sit like a heavy load immediately after meals. This can make you very uncomfortable and unable to do any other form of work. This is often times accompanied by a low appetite. In such cases, Kali Bichromicum has been seen to work wonders.
- Lycopodium Clavatum – If you have burning pain in your stomach along with the bloating of your abdomen, then Lycopodium Clavatum is the best medication for you. Other indications for this medication are when ingestion of warm water helps relieve pain. If consuming certain vegetables such as cabbage and beans worsens the situation, then Lycopodium Clavatum could be the best medication in such a case.
- Carbo-veg – An all-rounder in the field of homeopathy, Carbo-Veg is also effective when treating peptic ulcers which are accompanied by heartburn and acidity as well as sour belching. The pain from the ulcers may extend from the stomach all the way to the back. Other indication wherein Carbo-Veg may be effective is where the stomach area becomes very sensitive to touch and even small amounts of food may suddenly cause the symptoms to deteriorate.
- Hydrastis Canadensis – Stomach or abdominal pain accompanied by weight loss is one of the major indications where this medication may be prescribed. The patient may become emaciated and have sharp cutting pains in the stomach. In such cases, Hydrastis has been seen to be very effective.
- Graphites – This medication is extremely useful where along with the ulcer pain, you may end up vomiting your food immediately after a meal. A sensation which is painful and constrictive may be present in your stomach. Along with these symptoms, Graphites are also very effective when you suffer from excessive belching.
- Phosphorus – If you exhibit typical symptoms of peptic ulcer such as sour belching and a burning sensation in the stomach after eating, Phosphorus could well be the panacea.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!