Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old female. My skin color is whitish and caused by acne and dirty black spots. My skin was so smooth and I was beautiful but now my skin looks dull flaky and black spots which makes me depressed and ugly. I am losing my confidence. What should I do?
Hello respected doctors. My cousin had Papp-a less during 1st trimester. Now her baby is 8months old but she is lean. What diet can be given to her to gain weight? Her birth weight was 2.26 kg Wight chat Day 1- 11/7- 2.26 (200 per week) 16/7- 2.04 20/7-2.22 29/7-2.44 10/8-3.00 27/8-3.6 26/9-4.5 68 7/10-4.83 67 29/10-5.0 7/11-5.1 21/11-5.5 hc - 45 height 65 17/12-5.8 26/12-5.8 11/1/16-6.2 26/2/16-6.7 What kind of diet can be given to put on weight? Thank u.:)
It was abt lst month. She was in her periods. Her period started on 8th march. We met on 10th and we got intimated. during foreplay I got released. On her genitals near clitoris there was no intercourse. Moreover she is still virgin. And after she went home she had her usual flow. And her period ends up on I guess 13 or 14. Firstly is there any chance of getting pregnant in this situation? Secondly Now. Since 8th of march. Now its 5th of april today that is 29th day frm 8th march and she didn't had her period today (29th day) jbki 28 s pehle hi ajati h uska date 26-28 day me and is bar its 29th day today aur ab tk nhi aai date.
Hi I'm 36 years 8months old ihv hypothyroidism for which I take 125 mcg Electrocin daily I went for twice ivf (icse) treatment but it was unsuccessful and my periods become very light for last 2 years now and my husband got very low sperm count. .his 8-11 million with high range of abnormality of 97%-99%so I want to knw can I go for IUI with donor sperm if so will it help please tell me.
Skin care and beauty products are a multibillion dollar industry which has been known to use unscrupulous methods to ensure the success of their products. Not all of them are fraudulent as some specialist creams are known to be effective. The majority however is mostly a mixture of marketing gimmicks and very run of the mill ingredients which don't really do anything.
Let's look at a few reasons why most anti wrinkle creams don't work:
- Creams bought over the counter, barring non prescription ones, are mostly just moisturizers: When you buy a new wonder cream which is supposed to be beneficial for your skin and reduce wrinkles, all it may be doing is actually just moisturizing the skin. This results in smoother looking skin although the wrinkles are still there. This with the combination of the placebo effect makes you think it may actually be working to reduce your wrinkles.
- The use of marketing to make a product appear what it isn't: Anti-wrinkle cream manufacturers use clever ploys to market their product and make it appear as a magic solution when it isn't. Digitally enhanced photographs and the use of models that are gifted with exceptionally good skin may lure you into buying their product when it may not be effective for you at all.
- Lack of real ingredients: These creams lack the real ingredients for it to be effective anti wrinkle agents. Retinol is a regulated drug which is used in many high end creams and is known as the anti wrinkle drug. However, cheaper creams may not have any of this chemical and thus all the claims are complete hoaxes.
- Making expectations too high: The human body is meant to change throughout the years, but due to excessive and hyped marketing, many are led to believe anti wrinkle creams will work wonders on them. However, even the best cream can only do so much and thus it is important for you to have realistic expectations of any product.
- Wrinkle prevention is always easier than removing them: Leading a healthy lifestyle where you keep your body hydrated, and follow a proper diet and exercise well will do wonders for your skin. Keep your skin hydrated with light moisturizers as well and it will prevent more wrinkles from showing up. However, existing wrinkles will not go away completely but will remain minimized if you have a healthy lifestyle.
I am 24 year male, sufrig from acne from last 5 years. I have used all type of medicine, but these were not able to stop ot permanently.
I am 45 years old and have severe back pain. I have consulted with couple of doctors here and have many investigations so far. What should I do now for permanent solution?
My son has been suffering from type 1 diabetes from two year his age is 12 year. He is on insulin nova mix penfil 20 unit in morning and 12 unit in evening. I want any alternative for this because its very painful for me. Any permanent solution please tell.
My father is diabetic empty stomach 180. What to do cure it and from last few month he used to split cough everyday around 4 or more times but he never tells he is suffering from cough I don't know why please doctors suggest to cure his sugar plus his cough as his splitting habit is irritating me a lot so I want to cure it please help.
I have dark circles and brown skin, do we have any tablet or skin whitening tablets with out any side effects and should not be like I should always cover my face from skin or dust.
I am 48 years. Old man and I am suffering from diabetes problem nd my sugar lavel is 6.7 asper hba1c. M I diabatic or on the way of diabaties.
With the current self-obsession of the need to look good all the time, acne is seen as a major problem by the teenagers and adolescents. It is related to the hormonal changes but also aggravated by food habits. During their active phase, acne causes a lot of pain and burning. There is a constant tendency to pick at them to get rid of the pain and the itching.
They dry over a period of time and leave scars which are not as painful but are esthetically a major concern. For someone with oily skin who are more prone for developing acne, these scar marks could be very traumatic emotionally.
There is good news for these people as cosmetic advancements give multiple options for getting rid of these scars. Read on to know some of the most effective ones.
- Laser: A beam of light is aimed at the scar tissue, which does not affect the surrounding tissue but gets rid of the scar tissue. In addition to acne, laser is used in multiple skin ailments (whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, etc.) There is an intense bacterial presence in the acne, and when the laser beam is aimed at the acne, the bacteria are killed. This also reduces further incidence of acne and amount of sebum produced. The number of sittings required would depend on the severity of acne, and most people would require 2 to 3 sittings for complete removal of the scars.
- Photofacials: The outer layer of the skin (epidermis) is cooled and the inner layer (dermis) is heated. This stimulates the production of collagen and fibrous tissue, which replaces the acne tissue, giving a fresher, youthful look.
In both cases, remember to:
- Avoid use of irritants like perfumes and deodorants in the affected area
- Avoid waxing or shaving for at least 10 days before the procedure
- Avoid exposure to harsh sun for about a week prior to the procedure
- Avoid medicines which increase the risk of bleeding, aspirin for instance
Post treatment: In both treatments, the skin may appear red, swollen, and inflamed for the first day. There also may be a prickly sensation, similar to a sunburn. Cool packs or moist cloths and a good moisturizer can be used to soothe the skin. Avoid makeup until the skin is back to normal appearance. Depending on the type of skin and acne, the appearance will take about weeks to months after the procedure.
- Minimally invasive
- Reduced pain
- Completed in one appointment
- Reduced recovery time
- Can be clubbed with other acne therapy modes
- Good results with reduced recurrence and sebum production
With so many advancements, acne marks are sure to go away! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.