Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KiranYour feedback matters!
My son 18 months old not taking adequate food kindly advice me starting some health drinks like pediasure.
My 6 weak old daughter keeps on crying while she awake or keep sucking milk otherwise she sleep. What should I do to keep her calm.
Behalf of my wife am posting this question. Recently we are blessed with a baby girl. Delivery was not normal. My wife keep feeding for more than 30-40 mins. She keeps feeding else baby cries. Per day she feeds more times. Can someone pls advise what kind of food my wife have to take? We don't know really is this is a problem or milk is not enough for the baby from mother. How to check it? I heard moms use to feed for 10-15 mins. But in our case duration is not normal. Pls clarify us what we have to do.
Hi my baby girl is 5 month old. She is of 5.1 kg. At birth she was 2.3 kg and delivered at 8 and half month. My question is, her weight is normal or underweight? Another question is she is screaming to much near about 1-2 hr continuously. She is taking enough mother milk, and sometimes dairy milk also. She is taking enough sleep. My question is does she facing any problem or any behaviour that is not understood by me?
Hi doctor I have my daughter age of 1 year hold baby she was got eye surgery in 6 months back for issue with eye cataract buildup. Now doctors said now baby 100% ok with vision. So now baby what ware tha glass for future vision So my questions is how 1 year baby how to maintain tha eye glass for ware please give me suggestions.
My 3 year old sis is sick with a temperature of 100 Degrees she can not keep anything down including Liquids. What should I do?
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.
My daughter has weazing at night times. We were user homeopathy for 1 year but not cured later we went to childrens specialist and he has done all tests and come to know that infection and sugeested to use levoline, budecort and montralkid. When ever using that time no weazing and again its comes. We are taking thi treatment from 8 months. Her age is 8. Please advise.
My baby born with 2.5 kgs. Please guide me how to put on his weight. Wat diet my wife has to follow.
My son is suffering from typhoid. Its been 17 days he suffers a fever of 102 - 104 three times a day. Have consulted the doctors but didn't find any cure for my son. Is there any medicine available in the market so that it could stop the daily suffering of my son? My son is 3 years old.
My 7 year old son is doing throat clearing and some coughing for about 3 months. Xray shows enlarged adenoids. Could it be the reason or it is a tick only. He has. No other issues.
Why breech baby form's and why mother's having low or adequate liquor. It causes c section, after c section can women get normal delivery? How much time gap is necessary for first and second pregnancy?
Hello am 25 years old and I think I am suffering from dyslexia problem. Tell me what I do to overcome this.
My daughter is 5 months old, she is taking formal milk. Past 10 days she is suffering from cold I gave coriminic drops 0.5 ml (her weight is 5.2 kg) and nasivion nasal drops. Still I notice that her cold has not been cured. Please suggest me a remedies for her cold. Can I follow the same syrup with same douse or should I change it. Please help me with correct medicine.
Hi. I m blessed with a Baby Girl! Glad to see wonderful doctors here As we will be purchasing all baby products like shampoo, soap, creams etc. What is the best brand to go with? Also regarding baby food products, brand advise needed. Hope to get quick response on above. Thanks a lot for Lybrate for staying connected.
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition wherein the body doesn’t metabolise sugar properly. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. When the pancreas fails to produce insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine. Homeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Homeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
1. Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic medicine is best for diabetics who have weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
2. Phosphorus: If symptoms include weak vision, Phosphorus is the best remedy for it.
3. Syzygium Jambolanum: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for diabetes mellitus. It acts efficiently and promptly in lowering sugar levels.
4. Phosphoric acid: If you feel exhausted or weak all the time, either physically or mentally, then Phosphoric acid is beneficial. Weak memory, forgetfulness and numb feet are also treated with Phosphoric acid.
5. Gymnema Sylvestre: Sometimes, diabetics drastically lose weight and have low energy levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is an excellent remedy for such symptoms.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms. Some common combinations include:
1. Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus are combined in a treatment to treat retinopathy, which is damage to the eyes caused by diabetes.
2. Serum Anguillae, Arsenic Album and Lycopodium are used together to treat kidney damage (nephropathy) in diabetics.
3. Helonias, Sulphur and Phosphoric acid are taken to deal with neuropathy or nerve problems such as numbness in feet and hands.
4. Syzygium Jambolanum is combined with Secale Cornutum to treat skin ulcers, which is a common problem among diabetics.
5. For people suffering from constipation due to diabetes, Natrum Sulph, Defloratum and Carlsbad are the best medicines.
6. To improve weak memory, Phosphoric acid, Nux Vom and Kali Phos are the best remedies for diabetics.
7. Sometimes diabetics complain of extreme, incapacitating weakness. To improve energy and boost overall health, Carbo Veg, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus and Arsenic Album are recommended.