Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Kiran.c.sYour feedback matters!
My son is- 8 years old. Having 38 kg weight. becomes fatty since last two month. H/o- Adenoids (opeBeaches rative not done) Thyroid test done. Values are T3- 231.8 mg/dl T4- 8.09ug/dl TSH- 1.77uig/ml Is there any disease? Please tell the prognosis.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.
Which toothpaste is good for him he is 3 years old and mostly swallow the paste now we are using patanjali kids for him please suggest the safe one for him.
Hello, My son just turned 5 in December. He speech is otherwise normal other than few words/alphabets for example he says 'La (in hindi)' in place of 'Ra (in Hindi)' does it require any medical intervention.
My Son, 11 months old doing potty 4 times in a day since 3 days & losing weight. His current weight is 7.5 kg. Please advise how to overcome from this.
My son is now 18 month .usko karib 2 month se constipation ki problem h.latrine bahut tight hota h use bahut pain v hota h black latrine karta h.jab uska kal chek up karwaya to Dr. Ne ise blood ki kami bataya. Bt doc ne avi blood banne ka koi medicine nhi diya h.wo avi sirf ek neopeptine or laxil syrup diya or 5 days me waapas check up k liye bulaya. Mujhe aapse v help chahiye aap kuch uske diet k liye help karo or blood fast banne ka v kuch upay batao. Because Im very worry about my son .uski health bahut hi down ho gyi h.uski weight v kafi kam h 12 kg. Kya usr junior horlicks diya ja sakta h.or ek din me food k saath milk kitna amount me de sakte h. .pls rply?
Hi he is one year three months he's vomiting after feeding we give him food after 1 hr or so we give him 200. Ml milk he pukes everything what to do two days back doctor gave him emeset injection it had stopped but today he did the same thing what to do.
My son is 5 year old. When he speaks, we feel some mucus is stuck behind his nose and when we blow nothing comes out. His one nostril is always blocked and he gets dry cough often. Please suggest good remedy for this ?
मेरा बेटा 9 साल का है । काफी समय से उसके मुंह से बदबू की समस्या चली आ रही है । सबसे पहले कोई 3 साल पहले हमने इस बारे में गौर किया था। कई डॉक्टरों को भी दिखाया । लेकिन कोई फर्क नहीं है। वो सुबह-शाम दोनों समय ब्रश करता है। कृप्या मार्गदर्शन करें।
Doc my son is of one year nd two months. I am worried about his hair. 15 days before Maine usk hair clean karaya the but abi bhi halk halk hair aaye h. What should I do for his gud hair growth. Tell me about diet nd hair care.
My baby 4 yrs. Old. He is suffering from bed wetting since 15 days & so irritable. He feeding only grind food n nothing else. What should I do?
My son is due for a 14th week vaccines, in his 10th week our doctor recommended pentaxim along with hepa B, it was painless so we went for it, I wanted to make sure is pentaxim is really as effective as the other painful vaccines as I've heard than pentaxim has very less immunity as compared to the other vaccines, also kindly guide which are the best vaccines for a 2.5 month old baby since he is due for his 14th month vaccines.
My baby is 11 months old I am giving bf n also buffalo milk I want to add some protein powder which I shud give?
A spoonful of honey can quieten children?s? night time cough and help them and their parents sleep better.
When compared to the cough syrup ingredient dextromethorphan or no treatment, honey came out on top. According to a study from Archives of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, the results are so strong that it can be said that honey is better than no treatment and dextromethorphan was not in children with upper respiratory infections (URIs). There is currently no proven effective treatment for cough due to an URI like the common cold. While dextromethorphan is widely used, there is no evidence that it works, and it carries risks.
Honey is used around the world as a home remedy for cough, and might provide a safe, effective alternative to cough medicine.
To investigate its role, the researchers compared buckwheat honey, a honey?flavoured dextromethorphan preparation, and no treatment in 105 children who had sought treatment for night time coughs due to colds. Among the three groups, children given honey had the greatest reduction in cough frequency and severity, and the most improved sleep, as did their parents. Its sweet, syrupy quality may be soothing to the throat, while its high antioxidant content could also be a factor. Honey also has antimicrobial effects.
Honey is not recommended for infants younger below one year of age because of the risk of botulism spores.