Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RaviYour feedback matters!
Mam. I am 18 years old & yes I'm getting Irritated from my nose & this cold like both type sneezing & watery type.& in early morning I have suffered from it very badly. please help me mam.
My pennies is only 5 inch .iam 18 year old. How can I increased my pennies size naturally? Does doing sex every day decreases my pennies size?
I rarely masturbate in a month or two month but when I masturbate pleasure is very less as compared to earlier. I feel unsatisfied. erection is good. Give me some tips for enjoying more. Can condom give more pleasure. I feel urinated when erected pennis. Virgin.
Is the Ankayology spondilitis treatment is possible ? if yes where (i mean ayurveda, Homeopath or other
I am 39 years old, 5'6' weight is 66 KG and otherwise healthy male. My mother was diabetic and my father was heart patient. I have recently checking my sugar level at home through strips and it is displaying result of 100-110-morning/fasting and 145-160 after two hours. I wish to know how accurate could the result be and if I am in a risk group or in prediabetic range. Should I go for through check up of the body or what are the different test should I opt for?
I'm taking one glass of warm water with one lemon 2 teaspoon vinegar and 1 teaspoon honey in the morning before having breakfast. Will it benefit me in loosing weight.
I am so lean I tried everything to put fat but I can't. How to gain weight and become fit physically.
Hi I have pcod problem starting stage am trying to conceive so I took letrozole 2.5 and ovabless last month but not prag for this month so while checking hormone test fsh 4.65miu/ml lh-4.42 miu/ml and prolactin14. 88 ng/ml so is it normal for getting pregnant can you pls reply me.
Hello doctor, iam suffering from hair fall, it will become dry and red colour and I have skin problems it causes irritation to me, please give suggestion to me, give tricks, bye doctor.
Endocrinology deals with hormones, hormone systems and hormonal disorders. The organs that come under endocrinology are pituitary gland, adrenal glands, ovaries or testicles, thyroid gland and pancreas. These organs maintain the chemical balance of the body by secreting hormones which regulate all the body systems.
Diabetes is the name for a group of diseases which are characterized by abnormalities in the absorption of glucose and blood sugar levels.
Relation between the endocrine system and diabetes:
The hormone insulin is secreted by the pancreatic beta cells called the islets of Langerhans. It is a peptide hormone that metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and fats, stimulates the conversion of glycogen or stored protein to usable glucose and also helps the body cells to absorb the glucose. The movement of ionized or free calcium (Ca2+) is also somewhat dependent on insulin.
Insulin is secreted from the pancreas in two phases - the first phase occurs when blood sugar level is high and need to be absorbed into the cells while the second phase is associated with a slower production not influenced by blood sugar.
Types of diabetes and how they are affected by the endocrine system
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus: This condition is caused by underproduction of insulin by the pancreatic beta cells. It is called 'insulin dependent diabetes mellitus' (IDDM), since it is directly influenced by the hormone.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: This type of the disorder is not directly dependent on insulin. It is usually caused by obesity and lack of physical exercise. The cells develop resistance to insulin and because of that blood sugar is not absorbed properly. This eventually leads to under-secretion of insulin.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: Pregnant women might develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes in the past. This occurs due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result is complications and miscarriage.
Sub-specialties of diabetic endocrinology
- Diabetic renal disease: The kidneys filter the blood. If there are chronically high levels of sugar in blood, hormones like erythropoietin (regulates production of red blood cells) and renin (regulates blood plasma and fluid content) are not produced. As a result, the kidneys' capacity is reduced and waste materials build up in blood.
- Diabetic vision problems: Insulin problems may cause the blood vessels supplying the retina (light sensitive eye tissue) to expand or contract. This causes blurry and distorted vision and pain in the eyes.