Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RaviYour feedback matters!
It is a well-known fact that natural and unsalted almond are a tasty snack with a lot of nutrients and health benefits packed within. Loaded with a lot of minerals, they are considered the healthiest nuts. Munching on a handful of nutrient rich almonds every day can promote a healthy heart and inhibit unwanted weight gain while helping you to fight diseases such as Alzheimer’s and high blood sugar. Here are some of the benefits of eating almonds every day-
- Get access to the much-needed nutrition: If you eat around 20 almonds every day, you would be able to incorporate different essential nutrients in the daily diet. These little nuts contain copious amounts of calcium, vitamin E, potassium, and magnesium. Almonds are an excellent source of fiber and protein while being low in sugar content. Of all the tree nuts you can think of, almonds rank first when it comes to containing fiber, niacin, riboflavin, calcium, and B vitamins by weight. There are 160 calories in 23 almonds, and it is a good source of healthy unsaturated fats.
- Prevent unwanted weight gain: All nuts including almonds are beneficial for maintaining a healthy weight. The protein, fat and fiber content of almonds can keep you full and feel satiated for a long time which means you will not have the urge to overeat. Magnesium in these nuts can regulate blood sugar levels which are helpful for controlling food cravings. Since they are a rich source of calories, it is recommended to limit yourself to one ounce of almonds daily.
- Provide you with energy: If you feel lethargic and tired most of the time, then consuming some soaked almonds in the morning would aid in replenishing the lost nutrients of the body. This is because copper, manganese, and riboflavin present in almonds are known to boost metabolism.
- Protect your heart health: According to the reports of FDA, around 1.5 ounces of almonds every day can reduce the risk of developing heart disease. Many of the nutrients present in almonds help in contributing to heart health. Magnesium in almonds can inhibit hypertension and heart attacks. As the belly fat and LDL levels are reduced with regular consumption of almonds, the risk factors for cardiovascular disease are reduced significantly.
- Keep cancer at bay: Soaked almonds have the power to shield you from the risk of developing colon cancer. Almonds contain high levels of fiber which helps the foods to move through the digestive tract easily so that they don’t build up in the colon. This is one of the most significant benefits of having almonds every day.
Thus, make it a practice to have a few almonds every day and enjoy the benefits it offers. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Me and my girlfriend had moments together on September 3. By mistake I ejaculated on her panties and she slept whole night wearing those panties. Her periods usually come on 22 or 23 of every month but that month i.e September, they did not come till 25 so she ate papaya and finally her periods came on 28. But again this month i.e October, her periods are late. Today is 31 October and still her periods didn't come. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Mujhe hamesha white pani bahut nikalta hain itna nikalta hain ki meri panty gili hoti rahti hain iska reason kya hain.
Hello doctor I am 26. On the 17th day (probably ovulating) of my period, I was a little intimate with a guy. We didn't have sex but his penis accidentally touched my vagina for a second. Today is the 32nd day, got no period. My normal cycle is 28-31 days. I am really worried. Am I pregnant?
Aquaguard, pure it such water purifying machines are really effective? I mean they really prevent water borne diseases? Or they really maintain our health good? If a person suffering from liver problems drink water from any of these, should he really relax that the water he is taking is good for his health?
On the occasion of world sexual health day.
This day is being celebrated every year since 2010 by world association for sexual health.
This year the theme is sexual health: eilminate the myths.
As talking about sex life is considered a taboo, a lot of myths and misconceptions related to sexuality are rampant in all age groups and all the populations, rich or poor, educated or uneducated. Most of the them are wrong beliefs and are potenetially harmful to one's sexual and marital health.
Also, many industries are making huge amounts of money by feeding in such wrong beliefs to the society, such as spurious medicines, oils, illegal drugs, and such related services who offer miracle cures and charge huge amounts of money for conditions which are not even a disease. E. G dhat syndrome. They are doing so by instilling fear and ill-based beleifs in people's mind.
For those who are interested in educating themselves and live a better healthy life, here are some discussions
Some common myths dispelled
1. Menstrual blood is impure and women become impure during menstruation.
Correction: menstruation is normal physiological process in the womans body, there is nothing abnormal or sinister about it.
2. If a couple is not able to have a baby, it is the woman who is" baanz" and responsible for not getting pregnant.
Correction: in case of infertile couple the infertility factor may be due to either the male or the female or somtimes with both the partners.
3: some women are unable to bear a male child! sometimes such woman is abandoned or divoreced.
Correction: according to todays knowledge, the sex/gender of the unborn child depends entirely on the male sperm which has fertilised the ovum. If sperm carried the female chromosome the child will be a female and vice versa. So a woman has little of no role in determining the sex of the unborn child.
4. Sex is only for procreation (for having babies) and not for recreation (for mutual enjoyement).
Correction: in case of human being unlike animals, sex is basically meant for mutual pleasure and not just for having babies. Or else human beings will have to give birth to millions and trilions of babies every time they had sex, cause the semen contains millions of live sperms.
5. Sex and sexual pleasure is the forte of the men and women are only supposed to comply to men's wishes.
Correction: in human beings, both men and women are endowed with enough intelligence as well as body capacities. A women also has the capacity of wanting, and enjoying sex just as her male partner and for a happy couple life, both partners should make each other happy in bed too.
6. The sex life ends with women's menopause and the men crossing 40 to 50 years of age.
Correction: most men if are in good health after 40s, are able to remain sexually active well in their 70s or even 90s. Most women after late 30s or after menopause, in fact feel more interested in sex because they no longer fear getting pregnant.
7. A man can get erection whenever he wants.
Correction: just as a woman may have ups and downs of sexual desire, similarly men also go variation in their libido or erection depending upon physical condition, stress etc.
8. Masturbation and night fall leads to sexual dysfunction and loss of sexual power.
Correction: mastrubation and night fall are normal physiological processes of the body. They are as natural as feeling hungry and passing stools every day. They do not cause any loss of sexual power unless they have formed addictions.
9. To satisfy women men should have long and thick penis.
Correction: satisfaction depends upon the intimacy and communication between two partners and the mutual ability to pleasuer each other. It is the not the cup that matters, it is the coffee inside the cup which is important.
10. A woman is virgin only if her hymen is not broken or only if she bleeds during first coitus.
Correction: there are no sureshot methods to gauge the intactness of virginity in males as well as in females. In a woman, the hymen may be absent altogether or may have broken duing running or cycling etc.
11. Sex and talking about sexual health is obscene and absurd.
Correction: making it a taboo will in fact spread lot of false information. If treated in a scientific way, talking about sex can be as normal as talking about normal life events.
12. Homosexuality is choice / homosexuality is a disease
Correction: people do not choose to be homosexuals, they usually exhibit or express what they are really born with! one does need to rememebr there can be compelling factors such as blackmail, emotional/physical, or lack of availability of opposite sex partner.
13: sex education spoils the youth and encourages them to experiemnt.
Correction: any education imparts knowledge and helps you to make informed decisions, so is true with sex education. It makes one a responsible human being.
Sexual health is the right of every person.