Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi G ChandrappaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years male, I having sinus problem from past 4 years, I have taken many medicines as well as I have done exercises but still I am facing problem. please suggest me what should I do.
How could I get rid off cough and sinus without any side effects? It comes seasonally, usually in cold climate.
I have had tinnitus (ringing sound in the ears) for 2 years now. I have tried many doctors since than but absolutely no improvements. Is there a cure for tinnitus in medical science? I have been listening to white noises in silence of the night in order to sleep.
Hi doctor, I have suffered middle ear loss and having eye weakness pls suggest me which should better.
Recently I done my tonsils surgery in GNH Hospital Gurgaon. In a month I have the tonsils again. Now tell me what I do. Can I change the doctor or wait? Doctor say they need some time because it's really small so that they can't tell that it's a tonsil or any other thing.
I am suffering from sinusitis from the last 10 years how can it be cured any medicine you would like to suggest?
I get a throat infection quite frequently. How can I cure this naturally and permanently? Does having apple cider vinegar help in this?
Im having dust allergy problems since childhood and now I had a surgery on chronic sinusitis before 3 months and also septoplasty but now im having pain over right nose while breathing please help me.
I am 25 Years old and I am having sinus problem. When I am visit to any places my head starts paining and my nose start blocking give me some solution for this problem.
I am 35year old. From last may I am suffering from fatigue weakness dizziness vertigo fast heartbeat pain in ears head and cant sleep. I did all MRI, blood test etc but the reports are normal. I took all allopathy medicines by doctors. From last month I am taking ayurvdic aswagandha capsules and stress guard, the weakness is less a bit. But other factors are still there. I feel very panic and feel very strange cannot face lights. Sir could I start homeopathy for relief. Or what should I do with my problems. Kindly guide sir.
It has been 1-1/2 years since injury in my left ear. My other ear is alright but there is 50-60% hearing loss in left one. Dr. Has prescribed me a hearing aid of Rs-17000 which is not affordable for me to purchase. Where as on online I found it for Rs500+ so tell me what is it functioning is different or just the quality. Is there any harm in using such aids.
I am having a dry cough from past 7 weeks taken antiboitic snd cough syrup as well but its not fully cure.Now i am having a throat pain with a cough while eating something. Kindly suggest.
My yesterday report of tsh is 5.0.i was using thyronorm 50 mg .should I reduce the dosage to 25 mg. And give some solution to my constipation .i do not want diet but better medicine to clean my stomach so tht it can cure permanently.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.