Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. RaviYour feedback matters!
I have problem in my ear, doctor suggested operation which take one hour. Kya ye surgery type operation hota hai.
My left ear is been paining to much whenever I sleep on left side, and also when listening to songs with earphones. But the pains lasts for just 5 to 10 minutes, but that 10 minutes pain is bit severe.
I have a problem in my throat, after speak loudly I can't speak anything after that and throat become pain. Please help me.
I am suffering from severe soar throat for 3 days now. Can't eat or swallow anything. It's pain alot. What medication or remedy should I follow.
Hi my brother having sinus problem and want to know when ever his having Milk products forming saliva And hard motions after He eat anything Can you please help me out so many tablets and treatment done but there is no proper cure.
I developed pain in the right side of my throat, just below my jaw overnight. Before sleeping there was an itch inside my right ear which progressed to this area. I have pain while swallowing but not while speaking. Kindly tell me what this problem is.
I have developed an ulcer on the right side of epiglottis in my throat which has not been healing since the last 3 months. Now I am taking some medicine i. E. Valcivir 500, zinetac ranitideen hcl, l lysine and feeling some relief but too slowly. I wants to know whether these medicines are sufficient. And also give me some suggestion or prescription if any.
I have dns - deviated nasal septum, should I go for any surgery to remove it or go for any medication? will homeopathy work in this case? and someone told me to do yoga breathing exercise, is that helpful?
I get headache both side of forehead and have irritation in throat, no clear motion, have to go many time toilet, have too much gastric trouble, have continuous slight pain on above left side of chest and completely soaked by perspiration at 2 to 3 at night. I got checked for heart trouble but it was not found two year back. I request how I must start my treatment. I am 74 years. I generally take vege non gastric foods and try to morning walk.
My brother have problem of mucus by nose. He suffers any time with this problem. What is causes of it.
Its been an year, my nose bleeds at times. It doesnt pains Bt bleeds and a clott like blood comes out. This happens twice or thrice a week. Consulted docters But till now no such help conceded. Bleeding stops after I pour cold water from my head and wipe my nose. Situation is embarrassing when it happens when I am at office, please help.
What is a foreign body (FB)?
Foreign body or FB is an object or piece of extraneous matter that has entered the body by accident or design. It is common to see certain items getting stuck in the ear, nose or throat especially, in young children. While most of the time they do not raise an alarm, however, sometimes they can lead to severe consequences like rupture of the eardrum or even choking.
How do FBs affect ear, nose and throat?
- Children over 9 months develop an ability to pick up objects. As they explore the environment around them, they tend to put items such as peas, beans, marbles, beads, cotton, paper, etc, in their mouth, nose or ears. A similar trend can be seen in adults with mental disorders.
- Trauma/ fall/accident can force FBs like rock, pebbles into the ear, nose or throat.
- Adults while riding a bike or sleeping on the ground (campsites) can have insects: flies, ants, roaches fly into the nose or ear.
- Choking occurs when FBs block the airway, common reasons are: not chewing the food properly, diseases like Parkinsonism, drinking alcohol or certain drugs that slowdowns the process of swallowing.
Managing FB in the ear, nose and throat
- Make sure the patient is sitting in an upright position, pull the pinna or outer semicircle of the ear towards the back. This can help you see the object clearly and also loosen it to wiggle out. If you can see the object clearly, use a tweezer to grasp the object and gently remove.
- In case a live insect gets trapped inside the ear lie down and place few drops of warm vegetable or baby oil. Use oil only if symptoms of eardrum perforation like pain, bleeding/discharge from the ear is absent.
- Tilting the head to the affected side can facilitate gravity to dislodge the object.
Foreign bodies in the nose:
Symptoms: Pain and difficulty in breathing from that side of the nose.
Management: Keep the uninvolved nostril closed by pressing a finger against the side of the nose and gently ask the person to blow from the affected nostril.
Foreign bodies in the throat:
Symptoms: Choking, inability to breathe and speak
Management: Perform Heimlich maneuver: abdominal thrusts, if trained otherwise, it is advised to call for medical help immediately.
How can you prevent foreign bodies from entering your ear, nose, throat?
- Discourage talking, playing, laughing when food is in the mouth.
- Do not give whole grapes, popcorn, nuts to children below 3 years.
- Keep small objects out of reach of small children.
- Teach children to avoid placing objects into their nose, ears.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!