Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Chandra Kelkar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Chandra KelkarYour feedback matters!
I am 38 yrs old recently diagnosed with thyroid problem with tsh as 7.40and ft4 0.73 and arthritis problem with aso titre 180 and ra 19.50. Kindly advise.
One year back I had heel pain on right leg. Heel pain still there. But now pain increase from foot to buttock. Pain is basically whole along back side of leg from buttock to heel. It's very painful and feel very uneasiness.
Hi, I am 24 year old male my all joints have sound when I bend it disturbs and also feel week and fatigue please help me.
1) What are the symptoms of thyroid. Pls help? 2) I have a severe back pain. Pls advice how to get rid off?
Lumbago or Lower back pain is a condition that is characterized by mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region. Lower back pain is more prevalent among the youth whose work includes physical exertion or sitting for long hours and is also common in individuals belonging to the 'retirement age' because of their sedentary lifestyles. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic if it has been endured over a span of three months.
The most common causes of lower back pain are:
- Overuse of the muscles and includes strains or sprains of soft tissues such as muscles, ligaments and vertebral compression fractures.
- Pressure on the roots of nerves due to conditions such as spinal canal stenosis (narrowing down of the spaces within the spine) or herniated disc (a condition of the rubbery disc present between the spine bones (vertebrae)).
- Osteoarthritis is a condition wherein the shock absorbers, found in the joints, progressively break down.
When it affects the spine, the condition causes back pain by stiffening the spinal joints. Symptoms of Lumbago (Low back pain) include:
- Stiff back
- Numbness in the legs
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, which is the pain running down the lower back to hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression by an intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
How to diagnose lower back pain or a slip disc?
Some methods that can be utilized for diagnosing back include Xray, CT Scans, Myelogram and MRI scans.
Treatment options available -
Exercises along with correction of bad posture for relieving back pain are a common component of any treatment plan. Factors such as type and severity of the pain as well as the patient?s history can help in determining the type of treatment that can be administered. In most cases, the recovery time is usually six weeks without surgery. Typical treatment of back pain includes use of muscle relaxants, painkillers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and inactivity would help the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest lead to weakening of muscles and hence might prolong the existing back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapies are used according to the patient's preference to reduce inflammation.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. Examples would include acetaminophen, celecoxib and diclofenac.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!