Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi. B. DiwakarYour feedback matters!
How many reason of blood cancer? Which type medicins are available for blood cancer in india? How many percentage for live patient? And please tell me Ayurvedic medicine for blood cancer.
I am 63 years old male. I have been diagnosed With BPH for the past 6 years. I am on Alfucin Since then. Also I am suffering from erectile dysfunction for more than 8 years now. Sidnofil Citrate and other medication doesn't provide the desired result.Would you 'please suggest some remedies for my condition.
I am 48 year old man. I have prostate problem .Igo to urine at least 20 time in 24 hours. However my urine flow normal. L have done ultrasound xray .l cannot take sound sleep at night. What should I do.
What is cancer? How one should aware of cancer? What should not be eaten or taken for prevention of it?
I have two arteries blocked by 70%, very large Prostate but no urination problem, my S. creatinine id 1.3, blood urea 36 and PSA 4. Pls guide me how to control my RFT levels. Urologist told that I can wait, got Prostate operation till I hv prob in urination. My Lipid profile is also within limits. Pls remove my anxiety. Suggest me medicine if reqd.
My husband eat lot of gutka and smoke he is got allergies on his body he eats allergy medicine for same please advice me is there any symptoms of cancer.
Cancer is the most dangerous disease noticeable throughout the world. The most common type of cancer that affects men is prostate cancer. Prostate is a small exocrine gland situated directly below the bladder and in front of the rectum. This is gland is approximately in size of a walnut and plays an important role in production of a milky fluid during orgasm of sex in which the semen travels. During the climax stage of the prostate gland is forced to push the fluid and remove the semen out of the reproductive structures.
Prostate gland is a slow progressive disease which makes many males left unidentified even the presence of prostate cancer even until they die. 6 out of 100 male over the age of 60 are getting prostate cancer. Though prostate cancer can be cured at a better rate when compared to other type of cancer it is always best to stay protected. Prevention is always better than cure. Here are few tips to keep your prostate healthy.
Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer-
During the early stages of prostate cancer there are usually no symptoms. Most men at this stage find out they have prostate cancer after a routine check up or blood test. When symptoms do exist, they are usually one or more of the following:
The patient urinates more often
The patient gets up at night more often to urinate
He may find it hard to start urinating
He may find it hard to keep urinating once he has started
There may be blood in the urine
Ejaculation may be painful (less common)
Achieving or maintaining an erection may be difficult (less common).
If the prostate cancer is advanced the following symptoms are also possible:
Bone pain, often in the spine (vertebrae), pelvis, or ribs
The proximal part of the femur can be painful
Ways to have a healthy prostate –
Diet and weight – the most important factor is the diet to maintain a healthy weight. Avoid fatty food items and take fats from vegetables than from animals. Avoid dairy products and increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Exercise – have a regular practise of doing exercise at least for 30mins a day. This really helps you to keep your body fit.
Be precautious – if you have a family history of prostate cancer or if you feel you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer talk with your doctor about it and take preventive drugs as per the doctor’s advice.
Red foods – research shows that men who consume red foods like watermelon, tomato and other red fruits are at lower risk of getting prostate cancer as they contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene
Caffeine – three to four cups of coffee per day reduces your risk of getting prostate cancer.
- Stop smoking – if you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer it is best advised to quit smoking and alcohol. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Can prostate problem like (BHP or infection) affect morning erection. Doctor give me prostate alpha blocker medicine. Which quite help me. Is that serious?
What are the symptoms of breast cancer and what is the minimum age of its occurring? How we can cure it? Is any lump in the breast could be cancerous?
I have a problem here inside my throat, I have a feeling not so well. Normally when the time I eat it's ok, but after I shallow finish to eat, they have a pain to my throat, I feel they have some big stone to full my breath its so hurt to breast more pain.
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.