Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RavendranathYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have a problem of gastric what to do my tummy swell when i'm not having breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm taking a medicine Rentac for gas. Before eating once in a day.
I have acidity and this causes chest discomfort sometimes. I did a ecg a while back the doctor said that the ecg was normal but when I look at the ecg report it says abnormal ecg. Any suggestions will be helpful.
I am 54 years old, and suffering chronic gastric problem, am also in depression for few yrs. Contacted so many doctors but still not feel healthy. Please give your suggestion. Sunil kumar Singh from Delhi.
Hello doctors. I have continuously felt acid reflux problem and sometime it hurts burnt and I scared. I had under the treatment of some problem. And doctor refer me fallowing tablet before and after meal names are sompraz-L ,sensival 25 and topriramide. It has been 3 month I have take when I take it this I have ok. When I leave this pills I again start this problems. please guide what I do.
Hi, I am having fissure but main problem is for last 4 to 5 day a small pimple type (fodi) on outside anus please tell me what to do?
How to get relief from acidity in jus a few minute without taking any tablet or any other drink but with home treatment pls reply me.
Last month I was treated from colitis. Now I suffer from abdominal pain sometimes. And sometimes its take whole night. Doctor said I am suffering from fatty liver. Last weak red spot appeared on my body which was treated as a fungal disease. I am 29 year male working in Dubai my weight is 75 kg early it was 45 kg. Stomach looks bigger than any part its make me uncomfortable. please suggest.
I have a digestive problems please help me out with some remedies what are de exercises for digestion so please help me out wid this.
I am suffering from ibs for the past 20 years. No medicine has cured this. Now for a month, I am getting stomach cramps and rush to toilet every half to one hour. My dr. Prescribed eldicet and some probiotic drugs. But it has not helped much. What should I do
I go to toilet many times in a day at least 4 times. My poop is very thick with normal coloured. I am confused about do I have diarrhea or not.
Some time my anal side slightly pain and swelling very pain when sitting long time on chair particularly office sitting.
I am suffering from bald forehead since childhood and how can I grow hair on forehead. I don't have any gastric problem like acidity.
My sister complains of blood in stools, the blood color is red and comes after passing stool. She has a small piles like swelling, and the motion is not hard. Please help if any diet changes are to be done and any emergency condition.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder, which generally affects the colon (large intestine). It usually show symptoms like abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhea, gas and constipation. IBS is a long term condition. It can result in sudden mood swings, depression and thus, holds you back from living your life to the fullest. IBS can be controlled by managing lifestyle, stress and managing your diet. Medication and counseling could also be required to manage IBS.
Symptoms of IBS:
1. Immense cramping and pain.
2. A feeling that your belly is bloated all the time
3. Severe gas
4. Alternating and sudden bouts of constipation and diarrhea.
5. Presence of mucus in the feces.
Whenever you experience such kind of symptoms, it is always advisable that you must consult a doctor, so that it doesn't lead to a serious condition.
When should you consult a doctor for IBS?
IBS is not a chronic disorder and can be controlled by home remedies. It may also require medical treatment if the symptoms become acute and persist for too long. If you experience certain symptoms like rectal bleeding, weight loss and heavy abdominal pain that might increase at night, you may be at a risk for colon cancer. If such symptoms persist, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible.
Causes of IBS:
- Foods: Most people are susceptible to IBS if they consume foods like spices, fats, fruits, cabbage, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carbonated beverage, milk or alcohol. These foods irritate the lining of the stomach and trigger IBS. However, the trigger may vary from person to person.
- Stress: Signs and symptoms of IBS can also increase if you are very stressed out. Stress makes your muscles too worked up and this may result in IBS. However, you should know that stress aggravates or triggers the symptoms but doesn’t cause IBS.
- Hormones: Women are more likely to develop IBS. Fluctuations in the hormonal cycle can trigger IBS. This usually occurs around or during menstruation.
- Other illnesses: Sometimes illness such as gastroenteritis (infectious diarrhea) or bacterial overgrowth in the intestines can trigger symptoms of IBS.
- Age: You will be more likely to develop IBS if you are 45 years of age or above.
- Hereditary: People having a family history of IBS are more susceptible to develop IBS.
- Mental problems: Depression, personality disorder, anxiety and a history of sexual abuse can also trigger symptoms of IBS.