Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RavendranathYour feedback matters!
I am a female, 28 years old, married. I am suffering from a problem for last few days. I feel a burning sensession in my rectum when doing potty. Its too difficult to do this and very much painful. Pain stays at least 2-3 hrs. Please help me. Its very painful. I cannot handle the pain anymore.
I got operated for G-III haemorrhoids on 27-03-17. They gave antibiotics, vitamin tablets etc. To use and advised sits bath. After the course got over I continued sits bath at least thrice a day. I continued the medicines everyday even though I intake liquid items like fresh juices, tender coconut, mixed curd rice without any spicy foods till 14-05-2017. On 19-05-2017 I am supposed travelled after so long time and distance for the first time after surgery by bus, when I am supposed to stand and sit 4 hrs (go) and 5 hrs (return) respectively. On 20-05-17, when I went to bathroom, I saw complete raw blood in it. Again I took sits bath after tat. It repeated like this only once on the same day evening with raw blood in the stool. Then I went to nearby govt. Hospital and got the same tablets given after my surgery and continued it till june 2017 end. From july I also stopped having sits bath. In july middle I found that I am starting to get maroon coloured stool with some foul smell. It continued for 15 days. Then I went online and came to know its may be because of internal bleeding. Also I am feeling burning stomach with spicy foods. So I started using DIMOL-40 mg for acidity and burning thrice a day after food as a local doctor referred. The thing is once I started using the dimol tab the stool started to become usual. And not even once I noticed the colour change after medication. Please tell what is the issue for me? Why I got raw blood bleeding exactly after 2 months of operation even I continued my medicine course recommended thrice a day with sits bath (only for a day)? Also why I got change in stool colour before using this (dimol 40 mg) medicine everyday? What is the problem with my health? What these symptoms indicate? Anything to get panic? Please kindly help it out.
My mother is 51 years old. She is intermittently getting pain in the lever area. Primary diagnosis shown fatty lever. Lever area is also little bit swollen. Consulted a local physician, we were told it is quite natural and don't have to worry. However, my mother says she is still feeling pain sometimes and the frequency is not often. Please find the below Liver Function Tests beyond normal range and suggest -ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE = 111.81 U/serum GLOBULIN = 3.8 gm/dL.
My mother of 45years age she is suffering from severe gastric problem even with controlled diet. She has the symptoms of headache, dizziness, stomachfullness with gas, and she also feels uncomfortable totally. She says her headache decreases when the gas comes out in any of the way. She also had severe chest pain and back pain. She had a problem of hyperuricemia but took treatment for it now it was controlled. So please I request you to give a suggestion for this problem as she is suffering severely.
I m 20 year old female. And most of the times I face problems related to my stomach like acidity may be bacause of my bad diet and I have fatty stomach. According to my body. I just want to fix all this. So please make a diet chart for me. Or tell me something so that I can maintain my body.
I suffer from post anal fissures for the past 22 years. There is no pain or any other problem. I am not able to evacuate my bowels completely. Always its incomplete. There is lot of flatulence later in the day. I always feel to go to toilet again and again. Is the incompleteness due to fissures. Is there any complete cure for fissures.
The LES valve in the stomach is designed in such a way that as soon as food passes through it, it closes. If however, LES remains partially or fully open, acid produced by the stomach can move up to the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation called acid reflux or heartburn. This condition is commonly known as the hital hernia.
Some of the common symptoms of acid reflux:
1. Consumption of large meals at one go.
2. Lying down immediately after having a meal.
3. Obesity or being overweight.
4. Consumption of snacks just before bedtime .
5. Consumption of certain food items such as chocolate, garlic, onion and citrus-related food.
6. Consumption of caffeine related products such as coffee, liquor and cigarettes.
7. Certain medicines such as aspirin is also known to be a trigger for acid reflux.
8. Pregnant women or patients with blood pressure are known to be suffering from acid reflux.
Tips to deal with acid reflux
There is a wide range of treatment options available for acid reflux. If you are suffering from occasional heartburn, there are some wonderful home remedies that can be tried. However, if the acid reflux recurs more than once in a week, it is best to consult a doctor. Home remedies to deal with acid reflux:
1. Sleeping on the left side is known to reduce acid reflux.
2. Reducing weight greatly helps in tackling acid burn. Patients with obesity are more vulnerable to acid burn.
3. It is best to avoid food that triggers acid burn.
4. Chewing gum greatly helps in countering acid burn. It helps in producing saliva which soothe the esophagus.
5. Intake of One spoon of baking soda every day proves to be extremely effective. Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate which has a pH of more than 7 and can effectively neutralize the acid from stomach.
6. Intake of aloe vera, apple, banana or ginger is known to have very positive effects on acid burn.
7. Intake of 1 table-spoon of mustard can give instant relief from acid burn. Mustard’s alkaline properties can make the acid neutral in the system.
8. Regular intake (one after every meal) of almond helps to fight acid burn
1. If you are buying over the counter, Histamine 2 blockers is a great medicine that instantly gives relief from an acid burn. Typically Doctors suggest this medicine with a higher dosage. This medicine can be consumed half an hour before the consumption of a meal. However, It is best to consult a doctor before consuming any medication.
2. Doctors often suggest medicine from the PPI family. It effectively blocks acid production in the esophagus for a longer duration. Some common medicine from this group includes Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole. Although, a doctor should be consulted.
Also called gluten-sensitive enteropathy and celiac sprue, celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disorder, wherein the consumption of gluten-based foods leads to damage of the tissues that line the small intestine. This hinders the ability of your body to absorb the essential nutrients from the foods you eat.
Under normal conditions, the immune system of the body offers protection against external intruders. When individuals diagnosed with celiac disease consume gluten-based foods, gluten resistant antibodies are formed by the immune system. This causes them to attack the linings around the intestines, thus causing irritation in the digestive tract and harming the villi (hair-like structures on the covering of the small intestine which absorb nutrients from the food). This impairs the nutrient absorbing capacity of the individual, thus increasing chances of malnourishment.
Celiac disease has symptoms that vary from patient to patient. Some of the common symptoms include:
- A severe skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Digestive problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal problems such as bone and joint pain as well as muscle cramps
- Aphthous ulcers which are basically sores occurring in the mouth
- Tingling sensation in the legs which are caused by low calcium and nerve damage
- Growth issues in children since they cannot absorb the required amount of nutrients
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Other complications associated with celiac disease
- Miscarriage or Infertility
- Osteoporosis. This is a disease which weakens the bones and causes fractures. It is caused because of a deficiency of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Intestinal Cancer
- Other birth defects: Such as irregular spinal shape because of the deficiency of certain nutrients, especially folic acid. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.