Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ratul Bhowmik
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Ratul BhowmikYour feedback matters!
Please help me out, I have smoking habit & I want to leave it but its not going only & and from that I am getting little pain in my chest also so what should I do. & and one more problem is there with me only after my toilet I wash it out & clean with tissues paper I have seen blood coming out, so I am in little tens so please help me out.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.
In case of these symptoms, it is advised to get your risks assessed at a timely basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Sir, I am 37 years old, I have undergone openheart surgery, aortic valve replace done on january 10, 2002, now I am leading a normal life like others.Please suggest further
Dear sir Following is summary of my ECHO bicuspid aortic valve Mild dilated aortic root and ascending aorta Good lvef 60 Mild aortic regurgitation Doppler finding: Grade 1 diastolic dysfunction. This report was done when I was feeling irregular heartbeat after watching ghost video. Please suggest will I require surgery in future or can I go for another echo report to verify this.
I am 70 years old suffering from high BP from past 10 days. LFT and KFT tests are normal .local doctor prescribed cilacar c in the morning and telma 40 in the evening .during the day time BP is normal. But at night BP is increasing .it is in the range of 168/87. Kindly advise.
I am 25 year old, I have pain in left side chest and back continuously from last two years, and sometimes I have breathing problem at that time pulse rate increases. I have done many ECG, two times echo, TMT. But doctor said all reports are normal. Kindly suggest me what to do.
When m work at home. After some time am facing problem to take air (oxizon). My heart is beating very fast. Aslo I have pain in my legs.
As-salamaulaikum My name is rough and I am suffering from HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. Today I checked by BP and it was 160/100. I am taking TELECOM 20 medicine as prescribed by my doctor but nothing helps.
I am of 17 years n I am suffering from low blood pressure n its around 80. When I consult with the doctor he said It's due to depression or you r not eating properly. But actually I am taking care for my diet. Eat all the healthy foods including all vegetables fruits. Then also My blood pressure is decreasing. N I am unable to deal with it I have put efforts to make it normal but it all vain. Plzz help me.
Getting regular exercise is very important to your heart health, whether you are currently healthy, or already have a heart condition. Fortunately, getting "enough" exercise, and getting it safely, can be relatively easy to do for most people. These articles will tell you what you need to know about getting the right amount of exercise for your heart.
Why Is Exercise So Beneficial?
Regular exercise does a lot more than merely strengthen the heart.
Regular exercise can improve the function of your musculoskeletal system, your cardiovascular system, your respiratory system, your metabolism, and even your brain. And as a result, exercise can help you live longer, remain vigorous well into your old age, and to be more productive.
Read about the benefits of exercise.
Heart Healthy Exercise Guidelines
Reaping the rewards of regular exercise does not require you to completely change your lifestyle, or neglect your work or your family. In fact, you can gain most of the benefits of exercise with relatively small changes in your daily routine.
Read about the simple guidelines for heart-healthy exercise.
How Can I Begin An Exercise Program?
The hardest part about regular exercise is beginning it. It is easy to become bored if you start too slowly, or to become injured if you start too quickly. Fortunately, About.com's Exercise Guide has some very helpful information that will help you begin your exercise in a way that is safe and helps to maintains your interest.
Read about beginning an exercise program.
What About Exercise After A Heart Attack?
Exercise is not only okay after a heart attack, it is necessary. Studies show that heart attack survivors who participate in regular exercise have a significantly lower risk of mortality, and a lower risk of recurrent heart attacks.
Read about exercise, and other forms of cardiac rehabilitation, after a heart attack.
After a heart attack, it is natural to wonder when it is safe to resume sexual activity (which turns out to be a favorite form of "exercise" for many). Fortunately, the answer is usually pretty straightforward.
Sudden death in apparently healthy young athletes is a rare but tragic event. Most of these sudden deaths are due to underlying heart conditions that were undiagnosed prior to the fatal event. For this reason, some experts have advocated screening young people for heart disease before they participate in athletic activities. But because these heart conditions are relatively uncommon, and because screening can be expensive, how and when to do such screening has been a controversial question.
Exercise Recommendations For Specific Cardiac Conditions
If you have heart disease, regular exercise is as important -- and likely more important -- than it is for a person without heart disease. However, you may need to pay attention to guidelines designed for your specific type of cardiac condition.