Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rathna SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
No cyst in ovary, no thyroid and no white discharge. Still not getting period since february. How to get my period regular? help.
If you have herpes, you can also have cold and cough because of it? Are they related? Does syphilis gonnrhea and chlamydia have also effects on immune system weakening?
For a married couple, having a child is the next step towards completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep rooted causes for this issue and homeopathy aims at treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc. and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What is use of estraval 2 mg 1 tablet × 28 days. Is this tablet helpful for ovary cyst & solve rupture problem Endo size is 5.5 mm on 12 day Please reply.
What Makes the Aedes MOSQUITO so Dangerous?
There are about 3500 mosquito species in the world. Of them, the Aedes genus is responsible for the spread of the most deadliest diseases like Yellow Fever, Chikungunya, Dengue and now Zika Virus. The mosquito is easily recognized by the unique black and white lines on its body.
Here are certain reasons that make this genus of mosquito a threat to humans.
1. A preference for human flesh
It is the dietary preferences of some of the mosquitoes that make them very dangerous. While some species prefer livestock, amphibians, reptiles or birds, the Aedes aegypti prefer human flesh. Due to its affinity for feeding on humans, this species of mosquito is especially dangerous for people. Generally, it is only the female mosquitoes that drink blood; the male mosquitoes, on the other hand, live on water and nectar.
2. Can adapt to any environment
Another reason that makes them very dangerous is that they can adapt to any situation, making them a real menace. The preferred breeding areas for these mosquitoes are places where water stagnates like flower pots, buckets, tin cans etc. But they also breed closer to home as well in areas like wet shower floors or toilet tanks. For laying their eggs they require less than an inch of water and about 1 ½ week time to mature into adults.
In addition to breeding in shaded areas and outdoors, they also breed indoors. Moreover, the indoor environment being less prone to climatic changes, the mosquitoes tend to live longer. Since the bite of an infected Aedes mosquito leads to the spread of diseases, it is important to stop its spread or propagation.
3. Feeds throughout the day and all year long
Although these mosquitoes are known to most generally feed at day break and before nightfall, they can feed at any time of the day as well as spread infection throughout the year.
Once the virus gets inside the mosquito, it infects its mid-gut and consequently travels to its salivary glands over a time span of 8-12 days. Research reveals that most female mosquitoes spend their life span within the houses, and usually fly about 400 meters within the area.
Me & my girlfriend wants to have safe sex. But she wants to have sex without having any protection. Her periods will come in mid of 2nd week in every month. Please suggest how to have safe sex without having any protection.
This question for Gynaecologist. My age is 29 & my wife age is 27. We already having one baby boy. His Date of Birth is 27-Feb-2012. During birth he is been to Hypoxia & as a result now he is suffering from Cerebral Palsy. We are planning to have another Baby. So for precautions we have done pre-pregnancy test like CBC, VDRL, Rubella, HIV 1&2, Hepatitis B&C, CMV (IgG), Zoster (VZV) IgG, Urine RE, Sugar. All reports are normal apart from: CMV (IgG) ie 30.10 VZV (IgG) ie 97.49 Which seems reactive. What is this two tests? Is there is any medicine to get it treated? Is it safe for our new born baby? Please advice & comment with your best possible help.
A woman is the primary health care taker in a family. She is the first person a child consults when he or she is sick; she looks after the nutrition of the entire family, she is the one who dresses your wounds at home. According to a study conducted on 500 mumbai families the monitoring of a disease, the nutrition and proper intake of medicines is monitored by the lady of the house. This women’s day let us look into the health problem she faces. Let us take care of our daughters, sisters, wives, mothers and grandmothers.
A woman faces many changes in her life, firstly at puberty, during pregnancy and child birth and menopause. During each of this change her body goes through many changes physically, mentally and emotionally which can cause a deviation in her state of health. It is here that homoeopathy comes to be of great aid for her.
Let us look at few homoeopathic medicines that can give the woman in your family a disease free life:
1) Dysmenorrhoea that is painful menses: every woman has faced this problem in her life. This pain can incapacitate her from her work. Mag phos is an excellent remedy for dysmenorrhoea. Severe cramping pain in lower abdomen relieved by warm fomentation is relieved when mag phos is taken in 6x potency.
2) Remedies such as calc carb, bovista etc are of good use in leucorrhoea that is white discharge from vagina but these remedies are best taken on prescription of registered homoeopathic practitioner.
3) A common complaint a woman faces during pregnancy is vomiting during pregnancy. Medicines such as nux vomica and sepia will help a great deal in this complaint. A pregnant lady must take care that if she is vomiting more than 3 times a day and cannot retain slightest solid or liquid then she must consult the practitioner immediately.
4) Another change that comes in a woman’s life is at menopause. As the name it self suggests that it means the end of her fertility cycle. During this period a woman complaints of palpitations, weakness, irritability, hot flashes etc. The medicine belladonna will help you against the hot flashes and palpitation. Women rapidly lose bone density after menopause increasing their risk of osteoporosis. Calc phos taken in 6x potency will help in such case.
The health authorities all over the world are trying to educate and inform people regarding the woman’s health. It is time that we wake up to the reality of healthy women being the harbingers of a healthy nation and work individually and collectively in this regard.
Hello Doctor! My Gf had an contraceptive pill for first time and 18th March and have been bleeding since yesterday morning. Bleeding has not been as much as periods. Is der any problem with it and suggest any precautions if any. Wen does the bleeding stop and will she have menstrual cycle as before on regular date. Is der any chance of pregnancy as such.
My wife is pregnant of 2 month. She is having high vomiting and stomach cramp. She is not able eat due to vomiting. Suggest me some medicine to procure disses. She has this problem last, 15 days.
Green tea has many health benefits
-Improves metabolism and boost the body’s fat burning mechanism and helping you to keep fit
- It also contains a powerful antioxidant called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in fighting cancer, removing free radicals and unwanted toxic substances from the body.
-It also contains other antioxidant compounds such as catechins and poly-phenols that boost the immune system.
TO GET THE BEST HEALTH BENEFITS TAKE GREEN TEA AT LEAST TWO HOURS BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR MEALS
Can also take it about 1 hour before you sleep to burn fat even while you are asleep.
SOME DONT'S FOR GREEN TEA..
-Avoid green tea very early in the morning on an empty stomach. The caffeine in it can lead to dehydration and it could stimulate the release of gastric acid which can cause stomach upset or even ulcer.
-Avoid it at meal time because it can reduce the absorption of Thiamin (vitamin B1). A deficiency of this vitamin leads to a condition called beriberi.
So, its very important to take the green tea at a particular time for best health benefits...