Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RathnaYour feedback matters!
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.
Hello Dr. My daughter is of 7 months and my problem is that my daughter tongue is always white due to milk how I can clean her tongue.
Sir I have a child about three years I want give him good growth and good health From now itself. So how can I get the good solution from you.
My aunty run out from milk after gave the birth to a child. So please suggest how develop the milk again for feeding baby.
Sir my baby is 1.5 years and she have fever 104.3 f and she is looking very week and her head very hot.
My relative has a 14 year old boy. He is suffering from urine fall on bed in night. Kindly resolve the problem.
My wife is 28 year old. We have two kids. She's breast is getting very loose how she can get it tight.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects. Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?