Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rathan Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Rathan KumarYour feedback matters!
Back bone is getting pain I having test also nice test and all for need to be back bone causes. Some bone are broken and some are wasting what I did plzz answer me.
I have pain on backbone, it take minimum 30mins of time to sleep in night please give so. E tips or guide me.
RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS: THE INFLAMMATORY DISEASE Rheumatoid arthritis usually begins slowly but sometimes comes on suddenly. Symptoms may appear, go away, and return again. While it is a systemic disease of inflammation, the most noticeable symptoms are vaguely or acutely sore joints of the hands and feet. The inflammation also affects the connective tissues throughout the body, which may contribute to a sick all over feeling. Rheumatoid arthritis begins with inflammation in the synovial membrane, a thin tissue that lines the capsule surrounding the joint.Inflammation of the synovial membrane may spread to other parts of the joint.Inflamed tissue may grow into the cartilage surroundings the bone ends, causing it to deteriorate. When the cartilage disintegrates, scar tissue forms between the bone ends. Sometimes the scar tissue solidifies into bones, fusing the joint, making it rigid and difficult to move.
HOW DOES RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS FEEL?
Different people have different symptoms, but characteristically pain and stiffness occur in the morning and subside during the day. If you have this disease, getting up in the morning may be the hardest part of the day for you. While a few minutes of stiffness in the morning may be normal, people with inflammation due to rheumatoid arthritis are frequently stiff for one or two hours.Usually more than one joint is affected by rheumatoid arthritis. As the joints stiffen, swelling and tenderness become more apparent.Full motion becomes painful and difficult. When rheumatoid arthritis affects the hands, the fingers may become deformed and everyday takes become difficult to perform. The pain may become more severe with strenuous activity.Because rheumatoid arthritis often affects connective tissues throughout the body, there may be fever, poor appetite, weight loss,and anemia. The spleen and lymph glands may become enlarged. Early diagnosis and treatment can reduce the possibilities of dangerous and crippling effects.
My left arm. Is paining from part one week after I came from swimming pool and it's looks like sprain what should I do?
I am a male (52) having cervical spondylosis since last 10 yrs. The nature of my current job is sedentary and laptop jobs. Every day morning when I get up from bed I feel pain my shoulder area. And while riding two wheeler I feel pain in my neck region. I do regular mild exercise. Is there any remedy or I have to live with the pain ad sufferings. Can you suggest to how to get some relief.
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.