Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RashmiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, in 8th month of pregnancy for constipation which medicine is useful in a tablet form .Please tell.
My wife is 6 weeks pregnant. Some ANMs from the primary health Centre visited our house and gave her a tetanus shot in this week. When I consulted a doctor about this he said that they recommend tetanus shot after 12 weeks. As of now my wife has already taken the shot, how could it affect the unborn baby?
Is It necessary to eat pills after each intercourse, If I intercourse twice in a day means once in night and second in Morning, then what I have to do.
I am 24 year old girl. After coming from my job in my room I feel restless, lonely, lost and whenever I m free I feel the same. I am completely broken. I miss my expired dad more than my life. I want to go near him in every second of my life. But, because of family prestige and their love I m not able to commit suicide. I hv no interest in my life. I m not able to believe that anything good will happen to me in future. I feel completely lost, left, worthless (sometimes). This all is from one month. I m also very pessimistic from my childhood. I don't believe on my decisions now. All my dreams, aims and wishes have been scattered and burned. What should I do?
Hello, I am suffering from PCOD problem. When I get irregular periods, my left hand side stomach pains like hell and even left leg too :(.i can't even walk also. Who to overcome from this?
I am not getting pregnent after stoping the ocp before 3 months ago, how much time it will take to become pregnent I was using the ocps from last 2 years.
I had sex on 2nd and had emergency pill on 3rd. And again I had sex on 7th and had pill within 5hrs. Do I have any risk of getting pregnant?
Calcium is an essential mineral in our diet, and makes up roughly 2% of an adult’s body weight. It is a critical aspect of our bone growth, development and maintenance throughout our entire lives, which is why a deficiency of this mineral is such a serious problem. Fortunately, there are many different calcium supplements on the market to ensure that we get the recommended amount of calcium that our body needs to function and support itself properly.
What are calcium supplements?
- Calcium supplements are ways to get your daily recommended amount of calcium up to its proper levels – roughly 1, 000-1, 200 milligrams per day for men and women. These calcium supplements are tablets or pills with concentrated levels of calcium, and tend to come in two forms: calcium carbonate and calcium citrate.
- Calcium carbonate is the more concentratedof the two, with each pill composed of roughly 40% calcium, but it requires stomach acid to be dissolved and absorbed by the body. Therefore, these pills need to be eaten with your meals.
- Calcium citrate is weaker, providing only 20% calcium in each pill, but they can be taken on an empty stomach, as they do not require stomach acid to be dissolved. Elderly patients suffering from calcium deficiency more commonly use calcium citrate, as stomach acid production slows down as we age.
- Since calcium can only be absorbed and used in small amounts by the body, most calcium supplements range from 150-500 milligrams and are taken 1-2 times per day, depending on how poor your calcium levels are, and how much calcium your typical diet includes. Many supplements also include other minerals in which people are commonly deficient, such as magnesium and vitamin d.
- Speak with your doctor about which of the following calcium supplements may be best for you.
List of calcium supplements:
1. Calcium carbonate
Tums 500os-cal 500caltrate 600viactiv calcium chewsgnc calcium complete
2. Calcium citrate
Cluebonnet calcium citrate magnesium and vitamin d3rainbow light mini-tabletsswanson calcium citrate and vitamin dsolgar calcium citratetwinlab calcium citrate caps
Why do you need calcium?
As mentioned earlier, calcium is required by the body for bone mineral density, and a deficiency in this mineral will increase the risk of osteoporosis, as well as osteopenia. Some of the common symptoms of calcium deficiency include fainting, muscle weakness, psoriasis, brittle nails, tooth decay, seizures, itching, problems swallowing and numbness in the fingers and toes.
Aside from bone strength and durability, calcium is also needed by the body for proper nerve communication and function, as well as for the contraction of muscles throughout the body. Calcium plays a role in protecting cardiac muscle, controlling blood pressure, strengthening the teeth and gums, transporting nutrients throughout the body and keeping the ph balance of the body in line.
Clearly, deficiencies in this important mineral must be taken seriously, due to their comprehensive effects on health.
Food sources of calcium
While supplements are always available to increase your daily intake of calcium, there are also many calcium-rich foods that are easy to incorporate into your daily diet.
Kaleyogurtcheesebok choysardineskefirwatercressfigsclamsgreen beanssesame seeds oranges almonds
￼Benefits of calcium supplements
Calcium supplements can be very effective for improving bone strength, particularly as you age, after a major injury, illness or surgery, or if you are already at high risk for osteoporosis (due to contributing health factors). These supplements can also help in the prevention of arthritis and to help maintain your weight. Furthermore, since so many calcium supplements include magnesium, vitamin d and other commonly deficient vitamins, use of these nutritional supplements can help your body in many other ways too!
Side effects of calcium supplements
The regular use of calcium supplements can have certain negative side effects, such as constipation, excess gas, nausea, irregular heartbeat, muscle pain, dry mouth, headaches or dizziness. These are mainly experienced when you suffer from hypercalcemia, which means your body is taking in too much calcium. When calcium is taken in large concentrations, the body is unable to process all of it at once, so it could begin depositing it in the wrong places.
This sort of excessive calcium in the body can lead to problems with the kidneys, muscles, stomach, bones and even the brain, causing irritability and even depression. If you experience ongoing symptoms of sore muscles and joints, pain in your back and spine, decreased appetite or excessive urination, you are likely suffering from too much calcium.
Speak to your doctor or nutritionist before adding calcium supplements to your daily intake; if your diet already accounts for the daily recommended amount of calcium, there is no need to take supplements.
Things to consider while taking calcium supplements
Before you choose to take calcium supplements, there are a few things to consider, namely your age, diet, pre-existing medical conditions and prescribed medications.
1. Age: depending on how old you are, as well as your gender, you may require more or less calcium. Women under 50 and men under 70 only require 1, 000 milligrams a day, where as women over 50 and men over 70 require approximately 1, 200 milligrams per day. As your age changes, if your diet doesn’t, you may want to consider supplementing with calcium to keep your bones strong.
2. Diet: while there are many different foods that can deliver calcium, certain dietary choices and styles may inherently keep your calcium content low. Vegans tend to lack calcium, as they don’t include dairy products in their diet, which is a great and consistent source of calcium. Furthermore, people who consume foods that are high in protein or sodium tend to lose more calcium through urination, which can lead to osteoporosis, even if your intake of calcium seems acceptable.
3. Medical conditions: certain diseases and conditions demand more calcium from the body, prevent calcium absorption, or cause excessive calcium loss. If you have suffer from chronic inflammation, crohn’s disease or celiac disease, the condition may be preventing calcium absorption in the gut, and calcium supplements may be a good thing. However, if you are at high risk for kidney stones or prostate cancer, high levels of calcium could heighten that risk.
4. Medications: the use of corticosteroids is quite common for chronic disease, and this can lower the body’s ability to absorb calcium. Furthermore, if you are taking antibiotics, it can interfere with how your body takes in calcium, so supplements may be required.
5. Other mineral deficiencies: some of the body’s receptors for nutrients are shared, so calcium, iron and zinc are often in competition in the gut to be absorbed and used. If you have other mineral deficiencies, it may be wise to space out your supplements, rather than taking them all at once, so that your body can properly process each of them.
Dear sir my wife vagina is very small. So in intercourse facing many problem.please provide helpful advice.
My wife is 29 years old, she has stomach pain / ache problem from past couple of weeks, which last for couple of hours and gets cured automatically. She has to go for stool after pain sometimes. She is denying to visit doctor. Please suggest. Thank you for your response in advance.
Hello sir please help me. I am telling in hindi so I can communicate well. Me and meri gf fun ker rhe the so meine apne sexual part uske part se rubb kre uske periods start hone se 4-5 din pehle (expected date was 2 aug). Meine uske uper ejaculate kra uske bahar bus just rub hi krte the But uske period late aaye 9 august ko. Or 1st day to sahi rha but 2nd day bikul blood nai aaya and 3rd day bus thoda sa aaya.. To kya vo pragnet hai ya kuch or problem h.. Pregnancy ke koi symptoms bhi nazar nahi aa rhe jaise morning tiredness, breast pain etc.. please sir help me Kitne percent chances hai uske pregnant hone k. please advise.
Hi Doctor, I tolt my period was over but I had leftover blood in my pantie liner the accidentally had sex for the first time intercourse was painful and difficult to enter but did because of the pain I ask him to stop then I wear my pant for a short while the blood in my pantie liner was more, I want to no if the blood that came out was my hymen or period blood it is similar to the leftovers blood then for some months I try to put my one finger there to see if it can enter but was difficult wen I try is like something pulling me back since that intercourse I have not had sex ever am scared help me doc.
I have had protected sex with my girlfriend on the day she had ovulated. and she haven't got periods yet her date was 28th june. and today is 6th july. Are there any chance of pregnancy please help.
I had a kidney transplant 6 years back. Now I am 31 yrs. I am on immunosuppressives medicines. I had 2 miscarriages recently. What are the precautions I should take before next pregnancy?
'when the diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need'
Taking heavy meals in short durations without earlier meals properly digested produces toxins.
Kala viruddha (time against): intake of cold and dry substances in winter, pungent and hot substances in summer.
The combination of fruit salad, milk and banana should be avoided.
Using yogurt with milk, fish with milk, achar (pickle) with milk, honey with ghee (butter) are some virudha ahara (incompetent food) if taken together, they produce a lot of toxins in our body.
Drinking buttermilk is excellent as it is easily digestible, kindles hunger, instigates vata and kapha and cures dropsy, haemorrhoids, enlargement of the abdomen, abdominal tumour, duodenal diseases, dysuria, enlargement of spleen, loss of appetite, and anaemia.
If you are not new to Ayurveda and its treatments, then you are sure to know about Triphala; for the concoction has been used in Ayurveda since a very long time. Widely known for its laxative abilities, Triphala offers highly effective remedies and have several medical benefits. If you are curious to know about them, read on for a few facts.
What is Triphala?
The name is etymologically derived from two Sanskrit words 'tri' meaning three and 'phala' signifying fruits. Thus, Triphala is a combination of three fruits which are powdered and ground together. These three fruits are:
- Embellica officinalis, more commonly referred to as Indian gooseberry or amla.
- Terminalia chebula or haritaki in Sanskrit is a fruit with nut-like appearance. It is also known as harad.
- Terminalia bellirica is known as bibhitaki in various languages and vibhidaka in Sanskrit. Many people also refer to the fruit as baheda.
What are its uses?
The powder of Triphala is used for the treatment of many health issues which may range from high blood sugar to weight loss. Moreover, its anti-inflammatory properties help in the treatment of arthritis. It is also endowed with antioxidants which can delay aging. The good news is that the long list of benefits of Triphala doesn't end right here. Some of the commendable advantages of using Triphala include:
- Get rid of dark circles: Our daily lifestyle has left us with panda eyes which deteriorates our appearance. You can use Triphala powder as an eyewash and bid farewell to your dark circles as well as puffiness under the eyes. For this purpose, all you have to do is add a little amount of this powder into some water and wash the eyes thoroughly with it.
- A brilliant ingredient for rejuvenating skin: If you are looking to have baby soft and supple skin, then you can use Triphala powder which helps in softening, moisturizing and smoothening the skin. This is due to the presence of various antioxidant compounds that fights not only pigmentation but also acne-causing bacteria.
- A great stimulator of hair growth: If you have been suffering from thinning of hair or hair fall, then Triphala can help you as well. You may apply Triphala water directly on the hair directly. The emollient properties of Triphala water help in locking the moisture and offer relief, if you are suffering from alopecia.
- Effective in reducing digestive issues: Triphala works as a brilliant laxative which can be used in stimulating bowel movements. If you have been suffering from bowel or digestive problems, then you can have a teaspoon of Triphala early morning. It will help in treating bloating, diarrhea and other issues of the stomach.
So, if you are suffering from any of the issues, you can purchase this simple yet effective medicine from your local Ayurveda store.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!