Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rasheed KhanYour feedback matters!
it was very Good Experience, excellent finish in the dentures. i will like to recommend Al-Habeeb dental clinic to all my friends. Dr Rasheed has excellent skill set. i had a pain free dental treatment.
I am 52 yr I got sensitivity in my tooth last 4 months my doctor advice for root canal but I do not go for that pl. Advice any substitute
Osteoporosis is an age related condition characterized by low bone density and fragile bones. Lack of calcium and vitamin D are the most common triggers of this condition. These are vital elements for healthy teeth as well. Osteoporosis has a direct relationship with oral health and can trigger a number of issues such as loss of teeth, gum and can cause periodontal disease. The effects of osteoporosis on oral health and affect more women than men. This risk increases when talking of menopausal women.
- The jawbone is one of the areas that bears the brunt of osteoporosis. The loss of bone density in this area can cause tooth loss and make teeth loose. It can also affect the gum ridges that hold dentures in their place. This can result in ill fitting dentures that need to be frequently changed.
- Medication for osteoporosis is also linked to dental health. In rare cases, antiresorptive medicines that are prescribed to strengthen the bones can lead to a condition known as osteonecrosis. This refers to the death of a bone due to poor blood supply. Antiresorptive medication can be administered orally or intravenously with the latter having a higher risk of triggering osteonecrosis. Though it affects the hips and shoulder bones in most cases, it can also affect the jaw bone. It is marked by pain, swelling, infection and exposed bone. Loose teeth, gum infections and numbness or heaviness of the jaw are also symptoms of osteonecrosis of the jaw bone.
- The risk of suffering from osteonecrosis cannot be determined beforehand. Hence it is a good idea to see your dentist before or just after starting antiresorptive treatment for osteoporosis and to schedule regular checkups for the duration of your treatment. Dental problems if any should be treated before starting medication for osteoporosis. Osteonecrosis of the jaw bone is most commonly seen after undergoing a dental procedure that affects the jawbone and associated tissues such as a tooth extraction. Ideally, invasive dental procedures should be avoided if you are taking antiresoptive medicines. However, it can also occur spontaneously.
- Biophosphonates are also commonly prescribed to treat osteoporosis. This type of medication slows down the breakdown of bone tissue. However, this can lead to the development of new bones. This is not a troublesome issue when it comes to bones like the hip, leg or arm bones but can be very disruptive if it affects the jawbone. This is because the jaw bone is constantly reforming and reshaping itself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Have you ever wondered what to look when you are shopping for a right brush for yourself. We always read the contents, calorie intake etc etc when you buy something to eat but then why choose anything when it comes to taking care of your oral hygiene.
So, here are some tips you need to observe while buying a toothbrush for yourself
1. It should always be SOFT TOOTHBRUSH- No matter how delicate it might look , remember you are cleaning your teeth not your clothes. So never buy a hard or a medium brush. This is always written on either extreme top or extreme bottom of the toothbrush you are buying. Remember, it should be a soft toothbrush.
2. Any branded company recognised by the American Dental Association will do . I am not promoting a brand but remember to choose a good company because that will usually follow the guidelines followed by ADA to design a toothbrush.
3. Have additional features- Features you need are Gum Stimulators( for massaging the gums), 360 degree cleaning . If you are wearing braces, make sure you have a specially designed orthodontic brush for yourself.
So, i hope next time if i see you in the grocery store you know what to buy..
My lower right second molar which was an old case of RCT was extracted on 01 June. The pain is still severe, on diclofenac ink twice a day. Dentist says its healing. I doubt. Can some wise Dr. advice pl?
I have teeth pain when I look at mirror I see half part of pain teeth is loss. What would I do. should I have root canal my teeth?
Hello sir i have been problem with my yellow teeth. Most of people noticed that and i was feel like so ambrasing. What i gonna do? I also have a teeth cavity. Give me some useful suggestions.
The inner lining of my mouth has become very sensitive since past 5 years. I find difficulty in eating spicy items, rough items like papad and hot drinks. All my blood test results are normal. Vit B12 levels are near the lower limit , around 250.
I have pain in my teeth. At the last one. Because there is a new teeth coming at the corner called jaadh. So will you please tell me what tablet do I take. For relaxing it.
Doctor's pls suggest me something for having whiter and healthier teeth. Also suggestion for a good tooth paste.
Hello sir/madam I have tooth grinding problem since 4 years. 2 months ago I got married, now my wife got scared and feel fear to sleep with me bz of that sound. Pls suggest me the solution.
Root canal treatment is the only option to save a tooth which is having severe pain or sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweets. And its a painless procedure as it is done under local anaesthesia.