Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rao Sandeep KoppulaYour feedback matters!
What is cause for "mouth ulcers" Is mouth ulcers are caused by acidity" Since one month I often get mouth ulcers on my lips ?I travel daily 2 to 3 hrs in bus in metropolitan city, so are this mouth ulcers are caused due to explosion of lips to fast air and dust? Can any one suggest me home remedies?
My Four Pre-molar teeth have cavities, should I go for tooth restoration? And which restoration is best Amalgam or composite? Is their is any side effects of amalgam Filling?
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
I had root canal performed on one molar at the back. Crown or some cap is needed to be fixed after the procedure. Is it necessary to have A Crown installed and what will be cost for The cheapest crown to be fixed As of now I can not afford to have a Crown implanted. The doctor I have been consulting has stated the price and installation of crown Around 3,000 Rs. Excluding the cost of root canal 4000 rs. Is my dentist overcharging me?
I got chhala on my tongue a week ago its still there and its skin becomes thick and white please say something what to do?
My teeth become yellow if i have tea or coffee and sometimes after consuming food my mouth gives bad breath how to solve this problem of having tea as I like it but I don't as it results yellow teeth. Please help.
There is gap in my teeth. Do the gap fills if yes what do I use. To make my teeth looks good. Please advise.
I have been suffering mouth ulcer since six to seven days and have been regularly using the ointment but till now I have seen no signs of it reducing.
I am very upset with my bad breath pls give some remedy to control this some ayurvedic tips or medicine.
She have lot of problem in teeth. Some teeth become black in colour. Sum r damage. She is just 24 years old. What should she do.
Sir i am a diabetic aged 49 years female jaw bone is weak one by one the tooth are falling difficult to have food can I keep dentures and how much it costs please advice.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.