Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rao Bc CaptYour feedback matters!
I am a 17 year old boy having lot of skin tanning. How do I get rid of it? Please given me homemade remedies so that I can cure my tan.
I have anal and oral sex gay and I tested for Chlamydia in throat and urine both were negative should I have chlmdyia from anus if I have no throat infection.
I am 44 yrs old I have black patches on my chicks. Can you please help me or suggest me what medicine to take and what to apply ?
I have lots of scars on my face due to pimples and my skin get darker due to fine scars on my face. Please suggest possible treatment that will reduce scars and reduce my melanin. Thanks in advance.
Burning ache in my anus either when go for toilet or when I touch it. Some days back, It was very painful and not able to walk or seat.
Im 19F. I'm having dark circles around my eyes and also eye bags. What is the natural treatment to avoid it. Can creams help me through it? Please suggest me.
In my face pores is increasing how to remove those dead cell .how to fill up those scars and pores with clear skin. please suggest good idea.
I have a dry lips and skin peels off from it. And blood comes from the center of the lower lip. What is the reason.
I am 42 year old lady. I burnt my skin 1 year ago by using excess portion of bleech so now around the nose towards my cheeks looks like a dark black patchy skin. What shall I apply to get rid off that patchy marks. Pls also tell me how can I reduce dark circles
Sir, I am suffering from piles from last few months. Feeling to much heat in anus after came out from latrine No bleeding but feels like a piece of glass or point of knife got stuck inside. Pain remains for 2-3 hours after leaving latrine. Sometimes also feels heat like that anal tube is filled with mirch powder. So much irritation, Please suggest me best Homeopathic remedies to get rid of it. Thanks.
You need to keep your skin well moisturized.For that, "HONEY" is a great moisturizer and also has antibacterial properties that help ward off infection.
How to apply:-
1. Apply raw honey directly on your skin.
- Let it dry naturally and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- The water content in honey will deeply moisturize the skin, making it soft and supple.
- Do this simple remedy once daily or every other day.
2. Alternatively, mix two teaspoons of milk and one teaspoon of honey.
- Then add one teaspoon of gram flour and mix it in well.
- Apply it all over your face.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use this face mask once a week to enjoy radiant and clear skin.
Hi Doctor, I am using peelite and golite on dewsoft moisturiser at night time for even skin tone from past 3 months but the don't see any change in skin improvement I consult doctor every two month I don't want chemical peeling. It would be really helpful if you can suggest me good night cream for long term without side effects. Thanks for your support on advance. As I mentioned my skin is very oily n dusky texture. Sorry I am not able to upload the photo.
I have some skin problem just below my hip and on my hip even. It has become dark in colour and is very much itchy. Due to the itching it gets scratched and blood comes out of it. I am having this problem since 6 months. And from past 2 weeks the same thing has occurred on my back and under my knees. Please suggest me something for this.
I have me lash on my face pigmentation on nose can I do chemical peeling on my face please give me solutions.
After a mole extinction surgery I got a scar mark underneath my eye, i'm using a scars repairing jelly but still I didn't get any clear results yet, how to remove it!
I wanted to ask that I have Lipoma on my forehand, back and tighs. I have already consulted doc and he suggested that nothing serious. Can you please confirm the same?
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.