Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rao Bc CaptYour feedback matters!
Hi sir I have problem on my face. Its a oli face and the right side had so many small small moles, I tired several medicines one year ago but no use. Now not using any thing. Let help me give good medicine. Sir.
I'm 24 years old and my fiancee is 20 years old I press her breast very hardly.while pressing and mssng it hardly she get lots of pain when I do this.help
Hello Doctor Actually maine apni leg par razor se shave kara tha but after that mujhe kuch rashes hogye jinme abi swelling bhi hai and itching to bohot hi zaada. Maine betadine powder use kiya tha usse thoda theek bhi hua tha but itching hone ki vajah se phir se situation vaisi ho gayi. Aur pain bhi hai ab to and redness kaafi zada. Do suggest me what medication I can take?
Sir/Madam, I am 28 years old male. I am suffering from the skin problems like pimples, black marks and dry skin at winter times. The black marks are not fading away from my face. And at the winter time my face is covered with a black like layer which seems to be like fungal infection. I am using HH sone cream twice a week for this issue. How to get rid of this problem. please help me.
I am 28 girl and have many post acne scars on my left cheek. They make me feel inferior in front of others. I have these on my face since last 3.4 years. What should I do. How can I clear my skin with natural home remedies?
When I wash my face then skin getting oily after per 15 minutes and getting black skin after 15 minutes.
Mam I am 15 years boy and my face is very dull and very bad. So for this reason any students does not want to talk with me. So please suggest me medicine for attractive face.
Mucous cyst is on my lip since last 20 days. I have visited many doctors .they prescribed for surgery. Is there any medicine for same. Is it dangerous?
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
My dad 67 years old previous years he had 3 operation 1. 2012 Heart attack 3 block admitted in godbole thane operation successful done. 2. After 3 months problem in prostate size was increased laser operation done. 3. After 8 months dad slipped at home and hip gets cracked and the hip gets replaced artificial and after 3 year still hip pain a lot he walk properly but sometime hip gets stuck and we had gone to bone specialists they see x-ray of the hip and they said that we have to do re operation. What to do?
I have developed skin reaction sort of rashes in my inner thighs and around the private parts. It give a lot of itching and pain. I gave applied rash free tube basis my general knowledge.
Hello sir/mam, I am a married woman and mother of a 4 years old kid. I am 27 years old and weigh 64 kgs. I have severe pigmentation on my hands near upside elbow area. I tried many remedies to overcome the ugly looking skin so affected but all in vein. And now, very recently I got a small such pigmented mark on my nose which is looking very bad and due to which I am feeling low. Please help me out for getting rid of such problem.
I have lot of pigmentation on face, neck and hands. What should I do? I tried home remedies it didn't help.
I am 32 years old. I am in Marketing job. Could you refer me any good sunscreen lotion and facewash too.
Once I suffered infection on my lips due to ofloxacin infection is over but my lips is dark how to make my lips colour back to natural. Will biluma cream work without side effect or other medicine is required.
I am a 23 year old male. I have oily skin and I am facing some issues regarding my facial hairs, every time I shave, it leaves my face with razor burns. And whole week I struggle with burning sensation on my face, post shaving. I am not an amateur in shaving, I have been shaving for 4 years now. But the problem started like 4-5 months ago. The thing is I shave properly, I know I do, I prep my skin, I use good quality razors, shave in one direction and also use good quality after shave lotions (alcohol free) but still my skin wouldn't heal. I have tried alum also but no improvement. It takes a week to heal and due to this I have to wait for a week or so to shave again. My oily skin makes my skin more worse, makes me look ugly. No matter how many times I wash my face it stays oily and greasy. Sometimes I have to take leaves from work due this condition. It sounds funny, everyone says so. But they don't know my agony. Then, I researched about my condition and found out my facial hairs have become ingrown hair especially on chin and neck areas. Even after clean shave I don't feel like clean shave, I could see very small hair on my skin and it wouldn't come off. Doctor, could you please give me some tips on how to get rid of ingrown hair condition and how to manage oily skin. Thank you.
Epidermolysis bullosa simplex is a genetic disorder that results in the skin turning fragile and blister prone. Any small injury or friction created due to rubbing of the skin might lead to blister formation. In some cases, blisters may occur inside the mouth and on the cheeks. Normally, the cause of the disease is linked to defective genes.The condition is usually inherited and the symptoms start flaring in childhood. In some cases, the symptoms start during the early twenties.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Deformities in the nails of the toes and fingers.
- Blisters in the internal organs such as esophagus and vocal chords.
- Formation of blisters on the skin of the feet and the hands.
- Loss of hair and scarring of the scalp.
- Thickening of the skin on the palms and soles of the feet.
- Formation of white skin bumps on the skin.
- You may experience various dental problems such as tooth decay.
- You may have problems in swallowing food.
Epidermolysis bullosa can be classified into:
- Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa that usually develops during birth. The condition is characterized by hoarse and unusual crying sounds and scarring in the vocal chords. The genes that attach the epidermis to the basement become defective and thus, cause blister formation.
- Kindler Syndrome: This type is characterized by blister formation across all layers of the skin, but its symptoms tend to disappear with time. This condition is known to cause discoloration of the skin when exposed to the sun.
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is caused by a defect in the gene that causes problems in collagen formation. This results in complications as the skin doesn't join properly.
This disease may cause various complications such as sepsis, skin infection, anemia, constipation and dehydration. An infant, who has a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa, may not be able to survive due to widespread blistering and infections that may drain all the body fluids out drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a geneticist.