Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjan HegdeYour feedback matters!
I m 19 year old male. I have a problem in my eye last 2 weeks. There is a itching problem in my while working on laptop. And it increasing day by day. Nd I use contact lenses 4 my eye. I m a myopic.
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
I am 24 years old I have specs rt 1.25 n lft 0.75,due to over use of cell my number becm this. First I had 0.25 each, how cn I reduce my spec NUMBER. Now days I being addicted to smartphone my eye pain a bit, if current goes off n I am in full dark it takes few sec fr me to adjust with the surrounding is this normal or serious, now days when I rotate my eyes I feel they have bcm bit dry or like wen I close my eyes n try to move eyes it bit gives paining sensation. Help me.
I have swollen eyelid for last 2 days. The area has become yellow its itching inside. I have taken antibiotics swelling is lowered but small area has swollen now also and its paining on touching. What to do? Why this happens? It has happened few month back also.
My mother she is 41 years old, is having" white cataract" and also" black cataract" in" same eye" with pressure of something 19/11. But she want to treat both with medicine (ayurveda, homeopathy, anyone) only. So is there any medicine which can do so?
I am age of 24yrs. And I'm. Having eye problem by birth. Because my parents got close marriage.. So. I cannot see the sun rays. When I go. In sin rays my eyes start blinking.
If I wear a eyeglasses or spectacles it will reduce my nearsightedness? Prescription Right Eye:- Spherical = -0.75, Cylindrical = OK, Axis = OK Left Eye:- Spherical = -0.25, Cylindrical = -0.50, Axis = 180 Can I reduce this number by wearing eyeglasses or spectacle?
My daughter is 4 years old. She has problem in her eyes .Her eyes got red frequently in 6-7 days.I consulted with eye specialist . He told me that she has some small hair in her eye brow due to which it used to get red.This problem is from last 1 years. Please suggest some diagnosis.
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.