Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranjan Hegde
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjan HegdeYour feedback matters!
I am diagnosed aion from 1 st Dec taken steroids vision according to doctor is 25 % problem in left eye is there any surgery or treatment in allopathy/ayurvedic/homeopathy.
My eyes are some what sensitive am I eligible to do laser eye operation because I do not want to use speeds .is there any side effects will come after I having laser operation. My eye sight is both eyes r 1.5 .please give me suggestion.
I hav to go for a laser treatment as I am having power in my eyes so what I have to do so that I have to get the treatment.
I have red eyes over 5 day. What to do have tried many eye drops bit it is not working. Please suggest me.
Few days ago my eyes are paining and there is secretion of water. But now I am fit and fine. I want to know the reason behind this?
Hi I am having lot of tiredness from more than month, after coming back from office I have no energy to watch tv for 30 minutes, full body pain, eyes gets very fast tired, feel like to sleep all the time, body not supporting for long time to watch tv or work, My duty hours are 3 days duty 3 days off, 12 hours shift. Working on pc full time Body gets tired very fast I feel like to sit or need to sleep immediately After nap break I can fresh for 3 hours and then body gets tired I have taken the lot of medicines for vertigo problem, My eys gets dried very fast Body pain will get frequently If sits on pc for more that 2 hour headache will come and body gets tired and feel like to sleep I have neck pain also Please. Se review and advise me to visit which specialises doctors Thanks
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.