Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rani Jeyaraj
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Rani JeyarajYour feedback matters!
I have dry skin. Even after putting lots of moisturisers my skin is still dry. Can you please help to get rid of dry skin.
A cough is a sign that there is something wrong with the throat. Be it an infection or a sore throat or food stuck in the windpipe, a cough can start. While it may sometimes disappear, sometimes, it may just refuse to go. This not just is bothersome to you to allow to continue work, it also irritates the others in the surrounding and attracts attention. Everybody looks at you annoyed and gives a look which says “why don’t you do something about it?” Well, they mean well, and there are definitely things that can help manage a nagging cough. Find out for yourself!
- Salt water gargling: Mix about a teaspoon of water in a glass of warm water and gargle your mouth for about 1 minute. It helps soothe the throat and reduce the cough. It can also clear the bacteria along the throat, providing relief from the cough. If there is phlegm lodged in the throat, it gets easily expelled too.
- Honey: This viscous liquid coats the inflamed and irritated mucous membranes along the throat and provides instant relief. It is also known for its antibacterial nature and has good enzymes from the bees, which are known for providing instant relief to both children and adults. The sweet taste makes it further appealing. Adding ground black pepper powder to it further improves the effect, as it clears congestion.
- Steam: Cough is often the result of an irritated and inflamed throat mucosa. Inhaling steam is one of the best ways to soothe this mucosa and provide relief. It reduces mucosal inflammation and removes phlegm. Adding a few drops of essential oils like eucalyptus or tea tree oil further improves the effect. These have antibacterial and antiviral properties and so enhance the relief. With boiled water in a vessel, bend over it and cover your head to ensure the steam is inhaled. Be careful to avoid burns, as steam can burn. This can be repeated 4 to 5 times daily until you get sufficient relief.
- Ginger and Mint: Another wonder substance is the ginger. To a cup of warm water, add honey, few slices of ginger, and some dried peppermint. This helps by acting as an expectorant and reduces irritation in the throat, which produces cough.
- Cough drops or lozenges: If you are in a public space and cannot do the above, try cough drops. Sucking on them can soothe the throat and the constant swallowing of saliva helps relieve the irritation in the throat.
- Nasal irrigation: This helps relieve the postnasal congestion and dripping, which often leads to nagging coughs.
These are some simple, effective ways to reduce constant coughing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I want to increase my stamina always im sick at every time so please tell me and I also facing de hydration and also my hands are shaking automatically so please can you help me.
I am 26 year old. From past many days I have having headache which is becoming severe day by day. Even when I get up in the morning I will be having slight headache along with vomiting sensation and blurred vision. What should I do? From last few days I am not feel like having food also I feel itching sen wsation on the full body when I sleep. What might be the reason?
I am 25 year old. I have headache problem when I am reading. And also I feel sleepy when reading. Please advise me. And prescribe some medicines. Please help me o cannot focus on my study due to these problems. Thanks.
It started with running nose and turned into severe headache and cough? What it is? I Also had indigestion..Please help me out
Don't Panic !
Having unprotected sex isn't the smartest move a person can make, but it isn't necessarily the end of the world, so follow the advice below and you should be fine.
We Had Unprotected Sex And...I Think I'm Pregnant
Finding out you're pregnant can be the happiest or the scariest day of your life.
Don't wait around and bury your head in the sand saying 'it won't happen to me' and 'I'll be fine' you might not be, and then you'll find yourself in a much more difficult situation than if you'd faced the situation head on and quickly.
If the intercourse happened less than 72 hours ago, emergency contraception, the morning-after pill, can be taken as a precaution against you becoming pregnant. However, note that the sooner you take the emergency contraceptive pill, the higher its efficiency is.
We Had Unprotected Sex And...I Think I Have an STI
Check for any unusual symptoms around your genitals (vagina or penis), such as:
- Pain when you urinate
- An unusual or smelly discharge
- Unexplained bleeding
If any consult your healthcare provider immediately
Not all STIs have visible symptoms so even if you think you're fine, after having unprotected sex, get tested!
Go For Sexually Transmitted Disease Profile Including HIV ( 1ST Month HIV RNA, 3RD MONTH HIV ELISA), HSV 1 and 2, HbsAg, HCV, Urine Routine, VDRL, etc.
We Had Unprotected Sex And...I Think I May Get HIV
Take Post Exposure Prophylactic Drugs (Anti - HIV) as soon as possible. It works when started within 72 hours and must be continued for 1 month to prevent HIV.
Related Tip: 6 Types of STDs You Need to Be Aware of?
Being confident is a very essential quality for all human beings, irrespective of their age or profession. Boosting up your confidence level will not only make you feel good about yourself but will also help you to keep your feet firmly on the ground ,no matter what situation you have to encounter in your daily life. Self -confidence also helps you to create a very good impression of yourself and gives you an edge over others, especially when you are trying to seek a job or representing your company or educational institute.
The following are eight proven ways to bolster your level of confidence:
- Think positively. Positive thinking can help you see the better side of every situation you confront. Thus, it can increase your confidence level.
- Being prepared to face new challenges in life and accepting those challenges is another crucial step for improving your level of confidence.
- Volunteer for different causes and activities. You may consider volunteering for social causes or you may also volunteer for different activities at your workplace or institution. This is a very important step for boosting up your confidence.
- Try to visualize your success. If you can see it before your eyes, you can achieve it too. Imagining yourself as successful will automatically elevate your confidence level.
- Find out the true purpose of your life. This will add meaning to your life and thus, can increase your confidence to a whole new level.
- Connect with others more often. Staying alienated most of the time can bring down your confidence level. The more you connect, the more confident you will become.
- Never underestimate yourself and your abilities. Have a strong belief in who you are and what you are capable of. This can make you more confident.
- Try to stay fit and healthy. As we all know health is wealth. Being healthy and fit always will make you feel good about yourself and will thus enhance your level of confidence.
Along with the aforesaid tips, remember to smile always. A bright face will automatically make you appear more confident to others.