Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rani
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. RaniYour feedback matters!
No one likes to suffer from any infection, and especially not in the upper respiratory tract. This is because few things have the potential to ruin a person’s productivity, and infection is one of those things.
The throat pain has its own unique way of irritating the person suffering from this infection along with a headache, which renders all intention to get stuff done useless. This takes a serious toll on a person’s health and well-being.
Taking all this into account, a person would obviously want to get rid of the upper respiratory tract infection. In fact, there are a variety of ways in which doctors treat infections of the upper respiratory tract. After all, it all depends on the specific field of medicine that the doctor practices. As a matter of fact, homeopathy is said to be the best way to treat such an infection.
Belladonna is one of the most effective medicines from the field of homeopathy when it comes to treating upper respiratory tract infections. In fact, what often happens is that the medicine which is taken to nips the problem in the bud before it has been given the time and chance to progress.
While it is true that a name such as arsenicum album may be a little disconcerting on account of having the word Arsenic in its name, it does plays a big role in reducing the impact of upper respiratory tract infections. This medicine has its greatest effect on those who feel really cold due to the infection and feel that their noses are blocked. An added symptom is feeling a burning sensation. It may be true that most people who have upper respiratory tract infections experience two if not all three of these symptoms.
Infections such as these do involve a lot of sneezing in some cases. And this sneezing can be really annoying, not only for the person who experiences persistent sneezing multiple times a day but also for the people around him or her! In a situation like this one, the best medicine is none other than Merc sol! People with fevers and a recurrent thirst are the ones who need this medicine.
Sometimes, during weather changes or epidemics, the symptoms may be similar or may even overlap in patients. It is best to visit a homeopathic practitioner to get the right treatment at the right time.
Sir I don't listen clearly from my right side ear can you give me right solution and what is the exact problem in my ear, please answer me?
Hi. Every time I brush my teeth, eat something lil spicy or even a normal vegetable, my nose liquid starts running. This is since years, I don't even remember, I m 32 years old man weighing 76 kgs.
I am having sneezing problem since 2 weeks. And I have kid of itching in my nose all the time what am I supposed to do. And hmm that's it.
A nosebleed also called epistaxis medically is normally not dangerous, but if you are old nosebleeds come with a number of risks. Treating a bloody nose incorrectly can only make it more dangerous, because of prolonged bleeding. Before we explain the ways to stop nosebleeds, let’s take a look at its causes:
Nosebleeds usually start from just inside the entrance of the nostril. But, why? Because the blood vessels here are quite fragile and are also prone to rupture easily. This is the reason why children suffer from nosebleeds so easily. Other common reasons are
- A blocked nose due to colds
- Picking one's nose roughly
- Blowing one's nose
- Use of cocaine
A nosebleed usually lasts for about 10-20 minutes and is usually easy to treat. But in some conditions, this bleeding can be profuse and last longer like in cases of
Bleeding can sometimes also happen in areas further back in the nose due mostly to injuries and disorders of the nose.
Usually, nosebleeds can be stopped using simple first aid.
- Sitting up straight helps, especially along with tipping your head forward. It is vital that you don’t tip your head backwards as this can allow the blood to go down your throat and cause vomiting. And this can make your nosebleed worse. So, take care to spit out the blood in your mouth and not to swallow it.
- To stop a nosebleed, pinch the soft, cartilaginous part of your nose using your thumb and forefinger. Spraying your nose with a medicated nasal spray before pinching it can help the bleeding to stop faster. Apply pressure for 10 minutes to get results. Check if your nosebleed has stopped after 10 minutes if it’s not; apply pressure for another 10 minutes. Nosebleeds usually stop after 10 to 20 minutes of pressure.
- Use an ice pack to your nose and cheeks. This will constrict the blood vessels in the nose and stop the nosebleed.
- Use a saline- or water-based nasal gel inside your nose to stop bleeding.
- Remember not to blow your nose or insert anything into your nose for at least 12 hours after your nosebleed is over.
- If the bleeding doesn’t stop even after 20 minutes of applying direct pressure, it’s prudent to rush to a doctor. He will treat your nose to stop the bleeding.
- In a few rare cases, the bleeding is so severe that a blood transfusion is needed, and surgery may be needed to stop it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!