Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Rangaswamy BYour feedback matters!
I am seafaring with pearly penile papules on penis With out surgery n without laser treatment it is possible to get normal? I am not redy to come to the hospital if any medicine is there please tell.
I am 46 years old female, frequently getting throat irritation ie allergy type and it is burning and lots of mucous coming, cough with slight blood, could not speak, one doctor said it as laryghitis, one said it as allergy, but I am suffering since 5 yrs. This year frequency is very high.
I recently had a heart attack. It was diagnosed that there was block in artery formed due to blood clotting. I was hospitalized for 4 days and underwent 2 angiography. The clot was removed by medication. I am just 36 years old and very adventurous kind of person. I like to go for trekking foresting etc. I want to know can I live long say at least 80 years if I followed proper diet. What precautions I should take to avoid another heart attack. Please guide me.
I am 21 years old. I am single. When I ejaculated against bed I feel pain in my penis and pain in my right hip pain. I am having c5-6 minimal posterior disc protrusion I am suffering from 1 year. I am having medicine from reputed neurologist. But result is not that good So I am feeling upper back pain and neck pain with lower leg pains (both legs). So respected doctor please tell me is my disc protrusion or- -my ejaculation causing my right hip pain and my lower leg pains? So please tell me accordingly to my questions and solutions to it Thanks to doctor.
I am 75 year old with hearing problem (hard of hearing.) Is there any Ayurvedic medicine through which the hearing can be regained .If yes please let me know the name of medicine. Regards \green255\blue255\red255\green255\blue255\red0\green0\blue0} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs38 \cf0 \cb2 \expand0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokes3 }
Urinary Incontinence is the sudden urine loss that occurs involuntarily in women. Some of the factors which cause urinary incontinence are pregnancy, menopause (know more why Women Are More Vulnerable to Heart Diseases Post Menopause) and childbirth. It should be noted that urinary incontinence by itself is not a disease, but is a symptom of other underlying disorders such as diabetes, infections and other conditions.
Causes of temporary cases of urinary incontinence include:
1. Constipation (learn more that Work for Constipation Relief)
2. Urinary tract infections
3. Excess consumption of alcohol and caffeine
4. Consuming carbonated drinks
5. Use of artificial sweeteners
6. High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
7. Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
8. Eatables which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
However, persistence of incontinence might be due to a more serious condition. Some of the causes are stated below:
- Age: The bladder muscles tend to weaken with age. This affects the bladder’s urine holding capacity.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and increase in weight during pregnancy can cause incontinence.
- Menopause: Oestrogen is responsible for the healthy maintenance of the lining of the urethra and bladder. The onset of menopause causes the oestrogen hormone levels to drop. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues causes incontinence.
- Childbirth: The bladder control muscles are weakened during normal vaginal delivery, thus leading to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Occurrence of tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal flow of urine which can cause incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The same ligaments and muscles support both the bladder as well as the urethra. With removal of the uterus by hysterectomy, the pelvic floor muscles are deteriorated. This leads to urinary incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Conditions such as multiple sclerosis (autoimmune disorder in which the immune system destroys the protective sheath of the nerves), Parkinson’s disease (disorder affecting motor functioning of the body), brain tumours, spinal injury or strokes are capable of causing incontinence.
Different forms of urinary incontinence are classified on the basis of their symptoms:
- Urge incontinence: Urge or urgency incontinence occurs when there is a leak before the person reaches the toilet.
- Stress incontinence: Small amounts of urine leak out during normal physical movements such as sneezing, coughing and exercising. This happens because of the minimum stress exerted on the body, and hence, the name.
- Functional incontinence: Sudden leakage of urine occurs due to external deterrents or physical disabilities such as not being able to find a toilet.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage.
- Transient incontinence: If urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations such as infections, or new medications.