Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Cardiologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rangaraja R
Submit a review for Dr. Rangaraja RYour feedback matters!
Sir she is my sister 27 years old feeling pain in heart and feeling sick for few days please suggest me about dis prblm please sir.
Sir, I am having very high cholesterol (bad). What are the measures to control it. Does cholesterol increase if we don't take food in time.
I have BP and I use tablet telma xx daily twice. Few days back my blood pressure went low i. E 80/60. So I am taking the tablet only once in a day. It is being 115/70 on average. Today I did not take any tablet, it is around 129/80. Is the tablet required to be taken? Or can it stop?
My tmt is negative angiography got done 2 years back was also normal. But I feel pain in chest muscles and sometime uneasiness please guide.
Angina or angina pectoris is the pain, discomfort or tightness in the chest that occurs when the blood flow to the heart muscle cells is not enough to meet its energy needs. It is not a disease itself but rather a symptom of the coronary heart disease.
What are the different types of angina?
1. Stable angina: It is the commonest form of angina. It can be triggered by stress or physical activity and usually only lasts a few minutes.
2. Unstable angina: It happens when you're resting or aren't very active. The pain is strong and long lasting, and may keep recurring. It may be a signal of an impending heart attack.
3. Variant angina: This might take place when you're asleep or at rest. This sudden tightening or narrowing of the heart's arteries causes a lot of pain.
How u know what your are experiencing is an angina pain?
You might be having angina pain if you suffer from one or more of these symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Pain in your arm, neck, jaw and back
- Numbness or loss of feeling in your arms, shoulders or wrists
Immediate Relief from Angina
If previously advised by a certified doctor, patients can take antiplatelet medicines which are blood thinners and prevent unstable angina. Final treatments include angioplasty (repair of a blocked blood vessel through surgery), insertion of a coronary artery stent (a tube that is used to treat weakened arteries) or a heart bypass surgery for serious complications.
Tip: 5 Ways to alleviate nighttime heartburn